'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

AP keeps making dumb statements like that then He Gone...
Not a team in the nation that wouldn’t take this kid if they had a spot. Everyone that thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves.
Nobody is lining up to take this kid. His options are down to UT and Ole Miss. If UT drops out then Ole Miss can take him on their terms, not his.

Kids not worth the risk of having a head case on the team influencing the other players. Mindset is important and I’m not sure this kids got the right mindset for what we wanna accomplish
Only problem with a statement like this is that you dont have the first clue about him personally. Neither do I, so probably best to trust the staff if they decide to pursue him or not.

Only problem with a statement like this is that you dont have the first clue about him personally. Neither do I, so probably best to trust the staff if they decide to pursue him or not.
that and i think our locker room is in a good place from a leadership and attitude standpoint. at this point, i would find it difficult to believe that a new guy could affect the whole locker room like that. especially one that would come in with some preconceived notions about attitude....he'd either conform and go to work....or he probably wouldn't last.

which is why we probably make a lot of sense for this kid, if he's looking for "change" for the right reasons....to go along with all the football reasons we make sense.

that and i think our locker room is in a good place from a leadership and attitude standpoint. at this point, i would find it difficult to believe that a new guy could affect the whole locker room like that. especially one that would come in with some preconceived notions about attitude....he'd either conform and go to work....or he probably wouldn't last.

which is why we probably make a lot of sense for this kid, if he's looking for "change" for the right reasons....to go along with all the football reasons we make sense.
I agree and will also say that I think Pruitt has made good decisions when it comes to the locker room.

I agree and will also say that I think Pruitt has made good decisions when it comes to the locker room.
yep. and even with kids that have had documented issues, i think for the most part he's handled them correctly and there's now a track record of what steps he and the staff and the AD will/would take to support a kid.....and i think if you're selling to a kid like evans, you can point to kids like Jennings and Thompson, and likely Banks assuming he's on track to return, as success stories...for the right reasons....not simply because they got the second chance.

anywho........kid's a super talent. would love to have him.

Hubbard just committed to aTm. One less spot and school to worry about for Evans.
Hope so, could make the same argument with Ole Miss: Ealy (5*)/Connor freshman backs and 4* Parrish commit along with Bulloch high 3* commit...

I've been sick for several days with the flu. Can anyone give me a brief synopsis of what I missed? I saw several articles were posted including an interview, but I just assumed it was still "no one knows anything."

At this point there is really no reason for this kid not to pick/commit somewhere and go all in... he has graduated, visited schools-- I know it is a big decision, but a player at his level can succeed at any descent school and he knows that...
I highly doubt there is another school out there that he hasn't visited that is like OZ or sticks out so much more than others...I said last night that at this point seeing how well Pruitt is doing, I only want kids who truly want to be Vols and wear orange and white and give their all... if this kid wants to be a Vol, a landshark teddy bear, or whatever, just commit yourself to the school, the program, and be committed to yourself coming in for the next 3-4yrs... Someone HAS to be telling this kid the shine is wearing off quickly and if he isn't careful, he's gonna end up at Tulane...

Rusty Mansell was on a sports radio show in Atlanta this morning. He said if he had to pick a school today where Evans was going to land it would be Tennessee. But, he reiterated that no one knows for sure where this kid is going to end up.

I agree with your statement and what others are saying that delaying could limit his opportunities. However, he is likely doing us all a favor by pushing out his commitment to the spring time. There's nothing that binds him now and there's less pressure to make a decision if he's unsure. It's a gamble for all parties involved, including himself, but he is an extremely talented RB and will likely succeed where ever he lands.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back