'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

#1 player and RB in country, last minute steal under Kiffin, promises made, kid played, played well by freshman standards, Kiffin leaves, kid is put in middle with dad, and brother transferring from Miami, supposed wanted package deal to stay at UT, Dooley scoffed, kid left, went to Kanas State, played well, played in NFL for few years.
Pretty close except for the playing well at Kansas St part. He barely played at KSU, as a matter of fact, the foolishly went pro after playing a total of 2 games for them, rushing for 16 yds on 3 carries. He was drafted at the end of the 7th rd of the 2012 draft and his best football was played as a rookie RB for the Eagles before he flamed our, finally ending his career after the 2015 season, bouncing from Philly to Buffalo, and finally Seattle.

Evans will go where ever he wants. He enjoys the perks and attention he is getting. That's pretty heady stuff for a high school kid. Bottom line, he's already graduated and he's playing programs for everything they can get out of them. I read somewhere yesterday he's now saying he's going to be visiting programs in March. He's screwed his leverage with the LOI thing as he can't sign another one, so he's not anybody's recruit until he actually enrolls. If he bypasses spring ball and wants to stretch it out to fall enrollment, he's a total head case and won't maker an impact his freshman year, he'll be out of shape.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Best 3 rushes for 16 yards in Kansas State history.
And Spurrier quipped that he doesn't believe in putting his prize recruit into situations in practice where he's likely to get permanently injured. Bryce Brown was much more timid after that hit

I don’t understand why he would even want this to keep going ? I mean he’s already messed up for himself with all these big time schools.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
At this point there is really no reason for this kid not to pick/commit somewhere and go all in... he has graduated, visited schools-- I know it is a big decision, but a player at his level can succeed at any descent school and he knows that...
I highly doubt there is another school out there that he hasn't visited that is like OZ or sticks out so much more than others...I said last night that at this point seeing how well Pruitt is doing, I only want kids who truly want to be Vols and wear orange and white and give their all... if this kid wants to be a Vol, a landshark teddy bear, or whatever, just commit yourself to the school, the program, and be committed to yourself coming in for the next 3-4yrs... Someone HAS to be telling this kid the shine is wearing off quickly and if he isn't careful, he's gonna end up at Tulane...

Except UGA, LSU, A&M, UF.....
Except they would. UGA did and submitted his LOI to the SEC. Ed O? Nuff said. They’re issue was they had too many people to turn away and have a steady stable of backs and can afford to populate other positions.
A&M has been trying for 5 years to get this kid. UF would sell they’re soul for a good player. See Mullen and Urban years and they’re clientele...

AP said nobody wants anything to do with Evans 😂

I read yesterday that he told 247 in past that he doesn’t even watch college or nfl games....odd. To each their own but it makes you wonder how long he is for the game. Incredible talent that everything come easy for but what happens when it gets hard? It will at some point. Does he just say I have other interests than this and move on or does he fight though it?

Hopefully he hangs in long enough to make some big money on a contract or two in nfl with the talent he was blessed with.

VN Store

Back