'21 TX RB LJ Johnson

People already forgetting 2017, 2018 OLs were historically bad. "Led" the nation in stuffed runs allowed...2 years in a row...out of 130 teams. That isn't Ty's fault.

He still managed 4.3 ypc, 5.5, and 4.9. That is pretty good. Not great. Let's see what he does with a top notch OL for once.

Like how the Cowboys picked CeeDee Lamb in the first round even though they didn’t need a 1st round WR because you can’t turn down that kind of talent; You take a talent like Johnson and just find a way to make it work.

I followed recruiting closely back then. Everyone was extremely excited about Lewis and no one thought he was leftovers. I had a class with Lewis that year and there were people lined up outside the classroom to get his autograph before he'd ever played a down.

So no...they were no all about a kid named Jasper Sanks. We were all about Jamal Lewis.
Georgia was all about Jasper Sanks, but Tennessee was all about Jamal Lewis.

You are correct they are 6A. There is some good football being played in an around the Houston area.
Don't know their present letter system, but Cy-Fair is without a doubt the highest classification

I hope our line blocks this good these next few seasons. Did y'all see those holes? There were several plays where he wasn't even close to being touched before getting 30yds downfield.
Exactly a RB is as only good as his OL what we have currently is fine

Reactions: tn4elvis
Reactions: SD189
It means I've been away from Texas for a long time if Katy and Conroe are considered "in" Houston.

The original question was is football any good in the Houston area.

But, from Mont Belvieu / Baytown (East) to Katy (West), Conroe (North) to Pearland & League City (South) and almost Rosenberg (South West) Is one mass of humanity. I live in Mont Belvieu, and have to drive to Katy for meetings on occasion. it's approximately 65 miles and you hardly see a green space anymore.

They are in the process of finishing the final leg of the Grand Parkway. It's a third loop around Houston. It already stretches from Sugarland, Cypress, Tomball, Spring and then New Caney. They are in the process of building from Mont Belvieu (I-10) to New Caney. South of I-10 it connects to 146. They will finish up connecting Sugarland to Kemah/Seabrook area on 146. It is nuts. The total length when finished will be 184 miles. It is absolutely nuts.

TxTag

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back