'24 TX OT Max Anderson (Tennessee commit)

But isn’t that what the recruiting services do? Especially the ones they give a 5th star?
Comparing them and complaining they aren't the same right now are two different things. Everyone is compared to past players for several reasons, but they shouldn't be expected to be those players right away

Reactions: sonofUT62
Literally comparing a HS junior to NFL 1st and 3rd round picks

I said I hope we get him. This isn’t about taking him. It isn’t about Perry. But every two or three years we need to be able to land an elite tackle. We’ve only gotten projects and developmental types since those two. It’s not unreasonable.

Last edited:
I said I hope we get him. This isn’t about taking him. It isn’t about Perry. But every two or three years we need to be able to land an elite tackle. We’ve only got projects since those two. It’s not unreasonable.
Both of those two guys were projects….. Darnell wright didn’t become above average until his junior year…. It took Morris till his senior year.

I said I hope we get him. This isn’t about taking him. It isn’t about Perry. But every two or three years we need to be able to land an elite tackle. We’ve only gotten projects and developmental types since those two. It’s not unreasonable.

heres one.....Shamurad Umarov
Sham is not a project. Kid is 6'7 330lb right now and had offers from Georgia, LSU, Auburn, UF, FSU, Ole Miss, Miami you name it. OL development takes time though.

I noticed you left him out of the discussion when you said we only have gotten projects and not elite players.

Last edited:
Both of those two guys were projects….. Darnell wright didn’t become above average until his junior year…. It took Morris till his senior year.
eh Wanya was very good as a freshman and then we put him at TE. Darnell was solid but needed an actual OL coach so I'll give you him. Pruitt and Friend ruined a lot of Wanya's potential. 90% of OL are 'projects' tho

heres one.....Shamurad Umarov
Sham is not a project. Kid is 6'7 330lb right now and had offers from Georgia, LSU, Auburn, UF, FSU, Ole Miss, Miami you name it. OL development takes time though.

I noticed you left him out of the discussion when you said we only have gotten projects and not elite players.

I’m hopeful for him and a little surprised not more is being said given our situation. Hoping we old somehow get Baker or the OT from IL still this cycle.

Yes it most certainly is unreasonable. You don’t want true FR starting on your OL in the SEC. If you do, then that means a few things. One, you are so injury depleted that you have no choice. Two, the upperclassmen OL are so bad that the true FR has to play. Or the list rare situation, the true FR is just that much better and deserves to play.

eh Wanya was very good as a freshman and then we put him at TE. Darnell was solid but needed an actual OL coach so I'll give you him. Pruitt and Friend ruined a lot of Wanya's potential. 90% of OL are 'projects' tho
I thought wanya struggled some his freshman year but showed potential…. He was still struggling his junior year at Oklahoma…. I do think having a different offensive line coach would have helped though.

Lol. Very few true FR OL come in and start on the SEC. Jesus man.

I actually didn’t say to start though an elite guy might when you have poor options. Our lack of high level recruiting the last three years at OT has us with nothing but transfers with modest potential. Virtually no one thinks we have recruited OT well.

I actually didn’t say to start though an elite guy might when you have poor options. Our lack of high level recruiting the last three years at OT has us with nothing but transfers with modest potential. Virtually no one thinks we have recruited OT well.

Our OL recruiting has not been bad under Heupel. Has it been elite? No. But it’s been solid. And Elarbee can develop.

Reactions: onevol74 and sjt18
Our OL recruiting has not been bad under Heupel. Has it been elite? No. But it’s been solid. And Elarbee can develop.
OL is the hardest position for the recruiting sites to accurately predict out of a very few elite types. A lot of the best OL's come in with the "bones" and athleticism. You never know for sure if they can add the weight or transition to the college game.

You probably have 10 or 15 relatively sure bets. The rest of the 3* and 4* are basically in the same bag.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
is that a commitment?

The TE from MO that has been committed for a while posted one very similar but I am confused as well. It looked very much like a commitment, but nothing specifically said that he was committing.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back