'24 TX OT Max Anderson (Tennessee commit)

Tennessee will host two official visitors this weekend in EDGE Kellen Lindstrom and offensive lineman Max Anderson. The former is already committed to the Vols, and the latter is one they would like to close the deal with. This trip will be about checking off more boxes for Anderson, as he could make a decision sometime later in the month or early next month.
-VQ

He'll be sitting this year at Texas too. That doesn't bother the Manning family. The plan had been for Peyton to redshirt his freshman year too. Plans sometimes change.
I've wondered what the record would've been if Colquitt didn't get hurt. I think Florida would've been the only loss.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I've wondered what the record would've been if Colquitt didn't get hurt. I think Florida would've been the only loss.

I agree. The only other losses were close, UCLA (it took the Vols a half to recover from the shock of JCs injury) to Miss St (fumbled that one away) and Alabama (missed on the last drive). As good as PM was, he really didnt get control of the offense until late that season.

I agree. The only other losses were close, UCLA (it took the Vols a half to recover from the shock of JCs injury) to Miss St (fumbled that one away) and Alabama (missed on the last drive). As good as PM was, he really didnt get control of the offense until late that season.
Yeah but then would Peyton have been as good in 95 without all that experience from 94?

On3’s 185th overall prospect just checked out of the multi-day trip, and he caught up with Volquest to detail his time on Rocky Top. “I think Tennessee is the best recruiters in the business,” Anderson said. “I really connected with the coaches, coaches family, players and other commits. All really great loving people.”
The official visit weekend allowed Anderson to get a more in-depth look at Tennessee’s program, which was important to him coming into the trip, especially spending time with Josh Heupel. “Really cool dude,” Anderson said. “I could just sit there and talk with him for two hours straight. He treats me like a really good friend and I could tell he is a smart man of the football game.”
Anderson also got to see his relationship with Tennessee offensive line coach Glen Elarbee grow throughout the weekend as well. “Same personality as my high school coach and I love my high school coach,” Anderson said. “We connected right off the bat when he called me. I knew I would get along with him.” “(Elarbee) says I extend my hips naturally,” Anderson said. “Which is good for the torque and the pancaking. He says I have good feet and I could play all positions if I need to.”
-VQ

Hope we get this guy but he isn’t filled out like a guy that is close as a freshman like a Darnell or Wanya. Same with the Utah TE.

Hope we get this guy but he isn’t filled out like a guy that is close as a freshman like a Darnell or Wanya. Same with the Utah TE.
Why are you comparing him two of the top OT recruits in recent history lol. Max is gonna be on the inside and having room for good weight is better than bad weight.

He’s gotta go tell his brother thanks, but no thanks

If we do indeed land this kid, we would have two commits with brothers that play for OK
The other one?

This kid is right from OU's recruiting bed, too. Makes it more sweet. BIG BIG odds we have been up against and overcome if we land Anderson.

VN Store

Back