Tua gone

The bigger loss for Bama will be if all 3 WR's go pro. I believe Jeudy and Ruggs have already declared. If Devonta Smith declares then they lose their top 3 WR's, top RB and QB. Hopefully Dylan Moses changes his mind and goes pro.

Moses has reiterated his decision to stay in spite of his crazy father's demented rant.

Bama's decline continues.

excellent.png

I don't blame the injuries on Saban, but Tua did not need to undergo two ankle surgeries for high ankle sprains. These heal with time, and the only reason those surgeries were done was to get him back on the field in few weeks in time for the next big game. As far as the injuries go, Tua is to blame for a lot of it. He holds on to the ball too long sometimes when he scrambles because he always wants to play the "hero" role on every snap.

As is, there will be questions about his durability. Had he stayed and got hurt again, it would have cost him even more millions.

Reactions: Remy
Moses has reiterated his decision to stay in spite of his crazy father's demented rant.
Hard for me to see the pull that Saban has on these guys to come back. Leatherwood and Moses are pretty much 1st round picks and if Moses gets hurt again his career is likely done.

I actually thought he would come back. But I’m glad he’s gone for our sake.
I hope he does well in the league.

Check out their Dual threat signee Bryce Young's highlights .. he may not be Tua but he is electric fast and has some arm .. wont be surprised he wins the job there as Freshman and is Jalen Hurts 2.0

Reactions: savannahfan
I believe he was referring to Tua still playing in a meaningless game against Miss State with 2 mins left before half time up by 35 points...oh yeah, and still recovering from surgery that repaired his ankle.

I understand that but starters almost always play the entire first half and even some of the third. Completely within standard practices. If this had happened in the third quarter or later I would 100% agree.

Will probably be a bust, but I hope the best for him nonetheless.
I'm not sure I'd say he'll "probably" be a bust, but I would say that I wasn't as impressed by his play in 2019 as much as 2018's. It's got nothing to do with him necessarily...it just seemed like so many of the yards he racked up this year were throws to wide open guys on slants who had just totally overmatched their defenders. He'd make a 10 yard throw to a wide open WR, who'd then run 60 more yards for a TD. In the biggest game of the year, LSU, he clearly wasn't 100%.

Even if he didn't have the injury history, I wouldn't think he's some 100% sure thing.

Reactions: ptcarter
Somebody posted a couple of seasons ago: "What would Tua's performance be with our offensive line". Granted, our O-line is better now than 2017, but back then, Our QB was getting hammered on a regular basis. I tend to agree with rjd970. Surrounding yourself with NFL talent can shore up a lot of flaws.

Good for him. He gained next to nothing by coming back for next season given his injury history.

VN Store

Back