Trooper to Baylor???

Where did someone make that claim? Was a post deleated in this thread or something?

And you're standing by the idea that MSU/UAF was an easier road than AU/UM? 8-8 > 5-11

Yes. People have made that claim at the very least indirectly. And yes. Florida's Western schedule was tougher. I never said anything about rotational foes. Bama is terrible. Mississippi State is average. Arkansas is pretty bad, especially when Felix Jones and Marcus Monk are hurt.

Auburn at the very least had a good defense. LSU was obviously good. Ole Miss was terrible. If I had to pick, I'd much rather play UT's foes.

Bottom line: UT's Western foes were much weaker than Florida's. 2 of Florida's losses were against West teams. Florida was 40 points better than UT. I find it hard to believe that Florida playing UT's schedule doesn't result in them winning the East.

I also don't think it would be a huge leap in logic to think that the way Florida played at the end of the year would lift them to a win over a beatup LSU team. If all that happened, we're looking at a National Championship rematch with a team they completely demolished a year ago.

closet Gator?:p:eek:lol:

Yes. People have made that claim at the very least indirectly. And yes. Florida's Western schedule was tougher. I never said anything about rotational foes. Bama is terrible. Mississippi State is average. Arkansas is pretty bad, especially when Felix Jones and Marcus Monk are hurt.

Auburn at the very least had a good defense. LSU was obviously good. Ole Miss was terrible. If I had to pick, I'd much rather play UT's foes.

Just for the record - UT's opponents from the west were 12-12 in the SEC while UF's were 11-13.

Also, I'm not debating the UAT vs. LSU comparison. They are not worth playing the "if" game since they are not part of the rotating schedules.

We can, however, discuss exchanging our two western opponents for the UF opponents. Ours were tougher.

VN Store

Back