Trooper to Baylor???

It's a disappointment not to bring home the title. But you have to get there to win it. That is the first goal of every team in the SEC every year. Win their division.

University of Fulmer fans are routinely lowering the standards of Tennessee just to accomodate their coach.

Crappy recruiting? That's ok. We had a good class last year.

Huge blowout losses to our rivals? That's ok. We're young, injured, and the refs screwed us. We'll get them next year.

Another season with no SEC Championship? That's ok. We won the east. Didn't you know? You can't expect Fulmer to win SEC Championships. They're too hard.

University of Fulmer fans are routinely lowering the standards of Tennessee just to accomodate their coach.

Crappy recruiting? That's ok. We had a good class last year.

Huge blowout losses to our rivals? That's ok. We're young, injured, and the refs screwed us. We'll get them next year.

Another season with no SEC Championship? That's ok. We won the east. Didn't you know? You can't expect Fulmer to win SEC Championships. They're too hard.

but fulmer did win a national championship 10 years ago.

That really makes sense. I refer you to the score in the Miss State at Auburn game to totally discredit this theory/fantasy.

Didn't MS State beat Auburn?? Didn't Auburn beat FL?? Didn't UT beat MS State?? Didn't FL beat UT??

Ah forget it. I better not mention parity or the fact that the SEC is the deepest conference or I might get in trouble.

g8terh8ter_eric said:
While we may win the East and the SEC with a new coach, its more likely that we would struggle to gain an identity as a team while the new coach and staff get situated and get the team necessary to win in their system.

i agree 100%

Didn't MS State beat Auburn?? Didn't Auburn beat FL?? Didn't UT beat MS State?? Didn't FL beat UT??

Ah forget it. I better not mention parity or the fact that the SEC is the deepest conference or I might get in trouble.

I guess the real point is that UT was in the title game because we won the games and none of the other teams in the east did. To rationalize based on individual games will give you a headache.

That really makes sense. I refer you to the score in the Miss State at Auburn game to totally discredit this theory/fantasy.

By that logic, Arkansas is better than LSU. However, if UT and Florida switched opponents, UT doesn't play in Atlanta.

I guess the real point is that UT was in the title game because we won the games and none of the other teams in the east did. To rationalize based on individual games will give you a headache.

If Florida played the teams from the West that UT did, they would have gone 7-1 in the conference.

And LSU is the only team that won a championship.

Are we officially the first place loser in the SEC?

:whistling:

You need to rethink this.

Honestly, if Florida plays UT's schedule, I think they win the SEC. They'd clobber Alabama and Mississippi State. Mississippi State has a good defense, but I think West Virginia showed they don't have what it takes to slow down a fast, high-powered attack. They lose to Georgia. Meet an LSU team that is hurting. Florida beats them. Oh crap. Now we have a rematch of last year's National Championship. Oh crap. Ohio State is going to get murdered again.

Honestly, if Florida plays UT's schedule, I think they win the SEC. They'd clobber Alabama and Mississippi State. Mississippi State has a good defense, but I think West Virginia showed they don't have what it takes to slow down a fast, high-powered attack. They lose to Georgia. Meet an LSU team that is hurting. Florida beats them. Oh crap. Now we have a rematch of last year's National Championship. Oh crap. Ohio State is going to get murdered again.

It's no more realistic to assume UF would "clobber" UAT or MSU/UAF (rotating sched) than it would be to assume UT would "clobber" AU or Ole Miss.

It was a complete whiff for someone to say that UF would go 7-1 with UT's rotating schedule this past season.

Bottom line: UT's Western foes were much weaker than Florida's. 2 of Florida's losses were against West teams. Florida was 40 points better than UT. I find it hard to believe that Florida playing UT's schedule doesn't result in them winning the East.

I also don't think it would be a huge leap in logic to think that the way Florida played at the end of the year would lift them to a win over a beatup LSU team. If all that happened, we're looking at a National Championship rematch with a team they completely demolished a year ago.

Bottom line: UT's Western foes were much weaker than Florida's. 2 of Florida's losses were against West teams. Florida was 40 points better than UT. I find it hard to believe that Florida playing UT's schedule doesn't result in them winning the East.

I also don't think it would be a huge leap in logic to think that the way Florida played at the end of the year would lift them to a win over a beatup LSU team. If all that happened, we're looking at a National Championship rematch with a team they completely demolished a year ago.

That's because you're including LSU. They are not part of UF's rotational schedule.

That's because you're including LSU. They are not part of UF's rotational schedule.

I know that. Nonetheless, Florida's SEC path was tougher. Thus, I'm not going to listen to someone trying to claim that this season is some sort of evidence that Fulmer outcoached Meyer.

Where did someone make that claim? Was a post deleated in this thread or something?

And you're standing by the idea that MSU/UAF was an easier road than AU/UM? 8-8 > 5-11

VN Store

Back