Trooper to Baylor???

Ole Piss is not Duke.

Ole Piss had 1000% more talent than Duke.

This is 110% true. I honestly think that Cut...if he plays his cards right...could get Duke in the 4-8 range on a consistent basis. And that would be a monumental improvement. But there's no job security in that.

This really blows. I don't care what anyone says, losing him would be a MAJOR blow. I hope maybe he'll use this as leverage. Personally, if they wanna give him a shot at OC, I say go for it, we're not gonna get anyone else, and his playcalling couldn't be any worse than some of the playcalling I've seen over the last few years.

all 6 teams in the SECe have that as their 1st goal. Only UT accomplished it.
Well, then next year I say we switch it to BCS bowl and bitching about getting screwed out of a national championship.......that'll be one less loss for sure :)

Cut taught Ole Piss they could win in the SEC, right?

Teaching Duke they can win in the ACC... I suspect he can.

Ole Miss was better with Tubberville. The one season Cutcliffe didn't have Eli under center, he failed.

It might take 5 for the championship, but when that comes noone at Duke will be averaging wins across previous season... and even if it doesn't, Cut will have earned $7.5M.

The UT program will miss Cut if he goes... and he (whoever comes here and posts all this BS about our current coaching staff) will simply get on the next guy's :shaking2:
If that's the case, will you still tell us CPF should not retire? I mean, come on, If Cut can have a modicum of success at Duke it's scarry what must have held him back here....with a top 5 recruiting class every year.... and all that tradition....great supporting cast....PLENTY of $$.

Taylor is probably the best recruiter on the staff. He would be hard to replace from that point of view. I thought he did a nice job in the receivers in 06, they dropped more passes then any group I remember in 05.

Baylor's a dead end job. They'll never be good.

If he proves himself as an OC there, he can get a better OC job at a big time school. He doesn't have to put together a good team, just a productive offense. I think this would be a pretty good move for him.

How quickly you forget we won the Eastern division of the SEC.

all 6 teams in the SECe have that as their 1st goal. Only UT accomplished it.

i'm tired of people decorating the title "sec east division champs" up so much. all it should be considered as is just part of the road to the sec title game, which we had a shot at and blew horribly.

in the end "sec east champs" doesn't mean jack. you might as well buy a tee that says "i went to the ga dome and all i got was this lousy t-shirt." if this is where ut football is going, there are going to be some loooong years ahead.

I can stand being better than Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss St, So Car, Vandy, KY, Arkansas,Auburn every year.

I can stand being better than Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss St, So Car, Vandy, KY, Arkansas,Auburn every year.

We were so much better than Florida and Alabama that they outscored us by 70 points.

Problem is, ut wasn't better than these 2 teams. Sure alabama has fallen a long way since we played them, but how can you say you are better than a team that beat you 41-17, not even mentioning the fact that florida beat us down 59-20.

you can split it any way you want to, but the fact of the matter is, ut was in the sec title game due more to florida's lack of success in crucial games more than anything.

We were so much better than Florida and Alabama that they outscored us by 70 points.

I don't care how bad Bammer beat us, they lost to ULM at home. We lost to an underachieving Cal team at Cal, FL which is last year's NC team at FL, to our #1 rival at Bammer, and to this year's probable NC team in LSU by 7 points in ATL. Points don't matter after the game, only a W or a L.

Problem is, ut wasn't better than these 2 teams. Sure alabama has fallen a long way since we played them, but how can you say you are better than a team that beat you 41-17, not even mentioning the fact that florida beat us down 59-20.

you can split it any way you want to, but the fact of the matter is, ut was in the sec title game due more to florida's lack of success in crucial games more than anything.

This is what kills me about the negavols. Instead of enjoying UT's success, they point to other teams failure as justification.

Also, you can say "ut was in the sec title game due more to xxxxxxx's lack of success in crucial games more than anything".

Fill in the xxxxxxx with any sec team.

This is what kills me about the negavols. Instead of enjoying UT's success, they point to other teams failure as justification.

Also, you can say "ut was in the sec title game due more to xxxxxxx's lack of success in crucial games more than anything".

had we beaten Florida instead of getting routed, you wouldnt hear those comments. Florida completely outclassed us and people are still smarting. That's why you're going to continure to experience that type of sentiment. Also, you cant really count on the your opponents losing 3 SEC games every year.

i don't consider myself a negavol. but i don't consider success being in the sec title 3 out of the last 7 years and not winning a single one of them.

VN Store

Back