Transfer RB Lyn-J Dixon committed!

So, here is something I don't get, Bru McCoy is waiting on the ok from the NCAA and his eligibility is in question because he transferred from USC to Texas for spring practice, back to USC, and then to UT, right? I think the question lies in the rule that a player can enter the portal once without sitting, but then has to sit a year on subsequent transfers. So Dixon transferred from Clemson to WVa for spring practice, then is transferring here. Why is his eligibility not in question? Is it because he never actually played after his first transfer? It's a little confusing, since I don't know if McCoy played for USC after transferring back.

I’ve girded my loins on the Bru situation. “Girded my loins”,,, geez how old am I To type that?
Anyway, whenever I hear that the Vols are relying on the NCAA for any kind of quick or timely or positive result, I just assume that player will never run thru the T. That way, if he does, it’s a pleasant surprise.

Dear Haters, read this slowly so you comprehend this simple concept...here goes...ready?
The more weapons we have, the better the chance of winning. Coach Hype knows what do with talent, just ask the Hooker!

No hater here. I just wish Coach would recruit a good-sized running back from the portal with the talent and experience needed to help the team this year. Is anyone like that available?

He reportedly had the long version of COVID his junior year at Clemson. He looked slow and wasn't at full strength after he recovered.

His senior year he was beat out by Will Shipley, wasn't very effective when he played, and went in the portal after 3 or 4 games.

If he's back to his early form he'll be a good pick up from the Vols.

So, here is something I don't get, Bru McCoy is waiting on the ok from the NCAA and his eligibility is in question because he transferred from USC to Texas for spring practice, back to USC, and then to UT, right? I think the question lies in the rule that a player can enter the portal once without sitting, but then has to sit a year on subsequent transfers. So Dixon transferred from Clemson to WVa for spring practice, then is transferring here. Why is his eligibility not in question? Is it because he never actually played after his first transfer? It's a little confusing, since I don't know if McCoy played for USC after transferring back.

You bring up a valid point. I am speculating as Idk anything about each player’s transcripts. But grades come into play and conferences have different requirements, @ least in the past.

It may involve when the player transfers or if he played any games for such school. Also, the other school(s) must send paperwork to conference and/or NCAA.
This happened a while back to another TN student athlete. The prior school took months to submit transcripts Etc. Pruitt and Barnes both said in the past they would never do that to a kid. I wish I could recall the exact situation.

It’s confusing and frustrating.

One of his transfers might have been as a grad.

He was good coming out of high school.

Not sure what has happened since then...?

But, we need one more RB.

Considering the mess UT has been for a while, and especially during Dixon's recruitment cycle, I wouldn't have come here either. The choice he made at the time was common sense, and I'm a diehard Vols fan. Yet smart enough to understand you make the best possible choice for your future, not the worst or less viable choice.
You aren’t wrong there… but still **** em lolol

If I’m trying to look for the positives here…

Maybe he didn’t come because he didn’t like Gump?

Not too many players would have gone to Knoxville over Clemson at the time of his recruitment.
Most people thinking this is the first time his names popped up. He chose WV over us last year too.. college football is ruined

Reactions: TJVol95
Most people thinking this is the first time his names popped up. He chose WV over us last year too.. college football is ruined

Heup was an unknown in terms of being a F5 head coach. And coming in as we had players deserting the sinking ship in droves. Which seemed to suggest the UT would continue to wallow in a bathtub of dumpster fire. Common sense ruled again, Dixon went where his chances were not in severe jeopardy as they seemed at the UT. Thankfully, Heup seems to be the right hire to fast track us out of better than a decade of attempted football program suicide.

Heup was an unknown in terms of being a F5 head coach. And coming as we had players deserting the sinking ship in droves. Which seemed to suggest the UT would continue to wallow and bathtub of dumpster fire. Common sense ruled again, he went where his chances were not in severe jeopardy as they seemed at the UT. Thankfully, Heup seems to be the right hire to fast track us out of better than a decade of attempted football program suicide.
Sounds like Darrel Middleton lol

A big back is not necessary for this offense.

Disagree. This is the SEC, backs with heft on them live longer. Plus, the Purdue game did show we need a real bull to punch it in from 5 or fewer yards out. Scat backs are nice until they get drilled by an SEC LB or even a safety, as we saw with Small and Evans last season.

Disagree. This is the SEC, backs with heft on them live longer. Plus, the Purdue game did show we need a real bull to punch it in from 5 or fewer yards out. Scat backs are nice until they get drilled by an SEC LB or even a safety, as we saw with Small and Evans last season.
Speed>Bulk in this offense. I’m not stating a big back with speed would not be better but you take the best you can get. Remember the 4 star RB committed a couple of years ago but from accounts on VN, Heupel told him he was not a good fit. I can’t remember the name at the moment.

Quite amusing seeing people that consider losing Whitehead for the year a big blow after playing 63 total snaps and gaining 207 yards last year now questioning bringing in Dixon.

Honestly, some of you folks don’t know where you pooped last.
Quite amusing that you said snaps instead of carries. You do realize he only ran the ball 32 times for 207 yds and an average of 6.5 YPC don't you?

VN Store

Back