Transfer RB Lyn-J Dixon committed!

Do you think Dixon is better than Jaylen Wright or our freshman running backs this year?

McCoy could be great or could be bad, I don't see him being in the middle. He has the talent to be great but has never been able to put it together in college.
He could very easily be the best RB on our team.

I bet he gets 8 to 12 carries a game. I think he will be much better than the RB who would have been getting those carries before he transfered here. So it is a big get.
why would you say that?? he had one decent season at Clemson = just decent and hasn't been a factor for Clemson or wests Virginia since that one 600 yard season

I’m excited about this, he looks like a get. But can someone explain to me why his usage fell of a cliff after his sophomore year?

I’m excited about this, he looks like a get. But can someone explain to me why his usage fell of a cliff after his sophomore year?
Was recruited over AFAIK. The level at which Clemson was recruiting then, I'm not surprised.

Say what you want but I at least commend the coaching staff for recognizing a problem and going out to find a solution. That’s more than what Jones or Pruitt would have done. He gives us depth where we needed it.
Plus, according to some reports we have quite a few scholarships that we can give out.

1400 yards in 4 seasons in ACC? Is this that big of a get really?

depth needed for sure; however almost 1200 of those yards came his freshman and sophomore years at a combined 7.1 yards per.

Not sure his situation but if he can get back to that or can stay healthy……he “could” prove very solid.

2018 He had the highest average on their team at 8.8 per. In 2020 all of their rushing fell off a cliff. Last year he barley played. We shall see.

He didn’t come the first time. Don’t give a damn now.. bump

Considering the mess UT has been for a while, and especially during Dixon's recruitment cycle, I wouldn't have come here either. The choice he made at the time was common sense, and I'm a diehard Vols fan. Yet smart enough to understand you make the best possible choice for your future, not the worst or less viable choice.

Looks ike he plays fooshball real good. Got burst at the LOS when going up the middle. Good stop and go deceptive moves, can be a charging bull when cornered. Jukes real good too. Gets caught from behind, but by the time he does, he has often consumed significant yardage. Seems to be a better Tiyon Evans than Tiyon Evans.

Seems he has excellent vision, and then the ability to juke defenders. If he has his head on straight and is in shape, he will definitely help the running game. Need depth for the SEC schedule.

He had very good Fr and Soph years. Not sure what happened the last two.
Travis Etienne happened and likely the biggest factor but now he's a good fit due to our type of offense. I'm expecting Sampson to be a good fit down the line since he didn't enroll until June and has some catching up to do. Excellent receiving back.

VN Store

Back