Transfer Portal 21-22

The players she picked up are nowhere near what she lost and anyone trying to say they are is sorely confused.

Losing Miller, Reese, Owusu and Benzan is extremely hard to replace. Nothing they picked up even comes close.
We will see, but she brought in some very good players and perhaps she will have better team chemistry this year, in any event, she still fields highly competitive teams and until she does not we are all speculating.

The players she picked up are nowhere near what she lost and anyone trying to say they are is sorely confused.

Losing Miller, Reese, Owusu and Benzan is extremely hard to replace. Nothing they picked up even comes close.
Miller is staying. Reese and Owasu were the only transfers that sting, but Briggs and the Princeton player will provide scoring threats and Pinzan will be a good playmaker for them. Reese is really the one that I don't think they brought anyone in to make up for, if even just her ability to play inside. Do they even have any post players left?

Miller is staying. Reese and Owasu were the only transfers that sting, but Briggs and the Princeton player will provide scoring threats and Pinzan will be a good playmaker for them. Reese is really the one that I don't think they brought anyone in to make up for, if even just her ability to play inside. Do they even have any post players left?
Reese said she wanted to play the 2 or 3 spot, one of the reasons she stated when she left. She doesn’t like playing in the paint apparently, in spite of her prowess there. I bet Mulkey has her in the 4 spot again.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Reese said she wanted to play the 2 or 3 spot, one of the reasons she stated when she left. She doesn’t like playing in the paint apparently, in spite of her prowess there. I bet Mulkey has her in the 4 spot again.
I can see her point. She was mostly playing C at Maryland out of necessity. I don't think she'd have a problem playing a stretch 4 type of role, especially if she is given the freedom to play outside of the paint and not have to fight it out all game long with the likes of Boston on offense/defense. Unlike Maryland, LSU has some big bodies to take care of them. But Reese better be able to deliver with being able to score more than 5 ft from the basket.

Reactions: travis929
She hasn't fallen off of a cliff yet....she reloaded with quality players after the recent exodus. She is still competing for and winning conference level championships while making some NCAA runs the past 5 years. " Rumors of Maryland's death are greatly exaggerated".

Conference tournament champions 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 Conference regular season champions 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021

She won All of those Titles except 2012, in a not so competitive B1G Ten. Up until recently, it was a 2 - 3 team race between Maryland, OSU and Rutgers. Had they stayed in the ACC, there would have been far fewer titles and less success. That's part of the reason why their NCAA Tourney success hasn't measured up, despite her recruiting top talent.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif

She won All of those Titles except 2012, in a not so competitive B1G Ten. Up until recently, it was a 2 - 3 team race between Maryland, OSU and Rutgers. Had they stayed in the ACC, there would have been far fewer titles and less success. That's part of the reason why their NCAA Tourney success hasn't measured up, despite her recruiting top talent.
ALSKI
tennesseekoolaid.gif
I would tend to agree on some of those points, however, her conference championships in 20 and 21 stand up.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

That was the thought all along, I posted it some pages before this, her half sister was the captain for NCSU years ago and she wanted to stay close to home where there was playing opportunity and NCSU filled all of those needs. I wish her the best and will enjoy watching her play and grow into an elite player. Saniya has the ability and skills, she just needs to get the mental part down and if Wes gives her lots of minutes she will work it out and become something special, watch.
I expect her to be able to deliver starters performance as early as this year, maybe takes until mid season, maybe…

First Baylor when Mulkey left, now U of TX.

Thanks! That’s what I was wondering. I agree. Bet she goes to LSU.

Does make you wonder what’s up with Texas though. I feel like his staff is a bit inbred. He has his daughter working for him and then a bevy of his players and staff from MSST.

He needs some more diversity and experience in his staff IMO. I’ve also never been a fan of nepotism. I know Blair just wants to work with her dad, but it’s not a family business he built. She needs to go get a job elsewhere.

Last edited:
Thanks! That’s what I was wondering. I agree. Bet she goes to LSU.

Does make you wonder what’s up with Texas though. I feel like his staff is a bit inbred. He has his daughter working for him and then a bevy of his players and staff from MSST.

He needs some more diversity and experience in his staff IMO. I’ve also never been a fan of nepotism. I know Blair just wants to work with her dad, but it’s not a family business he built. She needs to go get a job elsewhere.
Agree with everything here.

He is a hell of a coach though, as long as he wins he will get whatever he wants. He is probably top 5 coach in country.

Reactions: VolBall09
If UK blows up after the season, I would like to take Maddie Scherr. Might have to be as a grad transfer since she's already transferred once.

VN Store

Back