Transfer Portal 21-22

Celeste Taylor from Texas wbb is officially in the transfer portal

Kinda surprised about that one. She is a nice player and was really coming along to end the season. Seemed like she was doing well under Schaefer. She has a really nice shooting stroke. Will be a great addition for some team.

Kinda surprised about that one. She is a nice player and was really coming along to end the season. Seemed like she was doing well under Schaefer. She has a really nice shooting stroke. Will be a great addition for some team.

I was surprised as well and now I’m thinking it may not have been completely mutual.. perhaps Vic is making room for some former Bulldogs to come in to town?..

I was surprised as well and now I’m thinking it may not have been completely mutual.. perhaps Vic is making room for some former Bulldogs to come in to town?..

That’s very possible. May have just been a difference of style as well. He runs that dribble drive offense and she is more of a shooter. She can get to the rim, but would rather shoot the pull up or the 3. Might just be opening up space to bring in someone who attacks the basket more. Could be former players or form elsewhere in the portal.

Celeste Taylor from Texas wbb is officially in the transfer portal
I wonder if she sees the writing on the wall? I'm sure Vic's tournament run won him some fans, and Celeste was by no means a lock to keep her starting role. I've said from the start of the season that the Texas guards were their weak spot, and I doubt Vic will waste any before he fixes that.

Reactions: JayQueUK
I wonder if she sees the writing on the wall? I'm sure Vic's tournament run won him some fans, and Celeste was by no means a lock to keep her starting role. I've said from the start of the season that the Texas guards were their weak spot, and I doubt Vic will waste any before he fixes that.
I would take Celeste Taylor over any former Miss state player vic has had anyday that still has eligibility . She was a tough defender , rebounder and had some offensive skills. Shes from NY i expect her to back up north or Maybe even Notre Dame could snag her they were one of her finalist i believe .

I would take Celeste Taylor over any former Miss state player vic has had anyday that still has eligibility . She was a tough defender , rebounder and had some offensive skills. Shes from NY i expect her to back up north or Maybe even Notre Dame could snag her they were one of her finalist i believe .
If I was going to bet which of his former players would join him, I'd say it was Rickea...and I'd take her over Celeste in a heartbeat.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Wont be surprised if she goes to Syracuse. Back home and they obviously have minutes to spare right now.

Kind of interesting after she and Tat made a big show mid season about coming back to UK.
I don't think Wyatt committed to playing for UK...just that she was going to stay in school for another year.

Surprised about Keke though...I wonder what changed? Would've thought that Patterson moving on would have been a positive for her. Tennessee was one of her finalists...she would be a great pickup as an experienced stretch 4.

Last edited:
If I was going to bet which of his former players would join him, I'd say it was Rickea...and I'd take her over Celeste in a heartbeat.
I wouldn't , Celeste plays both ends . Rickea just kind of moseys around to shoot corner 3's . She does not really demand the ball as i would expect , but that could be a coaching thing .

I wouldn't , Celeste plays both ends . Rickea just kind of moseys around to shoot corner 3's . She does not really demand the ball as i would expect , but that could be a coaching thing .
She was a different player last year under Vic. She was 2nd team All SEC and was a complete 2-way player. Granted, Vic needed to coax it out of her, but she regressed big time vs. Nikki.

Something else I didn't know. Players can declare for the draft and then come back to college as long as they didn't hire an agent. This would be interesting for fringe candidates, like all of the TAMU seniors entering the draft.

Doesn't sound like there's an option for players that DON'T get drafted.

I don't think Wyatt committed to playing for UK...just that she was going to stay in school for another year.

Surprised about Keke though...I wonder what changed? Would've thought that Patterson moving on would have been a positive for her. Tennessee was one of her finalists...she would be a great pickup as an experienced stretch 4.

I would agree. She gave us fits over her career at Kentucky. Would like to see her rebound more aggressively. She has a really nice 3 point shot though.

I understood their post as both were returning to UK. Wyatt to finish her degree and McKinney to finish school and play ball.

I would agree. She gave us fits over her career at Kentucky. Would like to see her rebound more aggressively. She has a really nice 3 point shot though.

I understood their post as both were returning to UK. Wyatt to finish her degree and McKinney to finish school and play ball.

Wyatt did confirm at the time that she likely wouldn’t be playing, but involved in some other capacity (I’m not sure how that works)... Keke’s announcement is definitely a shock to those of us outside of the program. I’m hoping that this means Elzy is planning on going a different route than Mitchell and actually bringing in tall elite players at the 4 and 5

....or she might want to play with her good friend Jordan Horston at Tennessee. 😉

If Jackson is going in the portal, I figured she would go by now. Best bet would be Texas. I cannot see her sticking around at State.

So I got Mir and possibly Griffin, who else is going to hit the portal from UConn? Olivia might decide to transfer if she reads the Boneyard lol, I’m sure they are going to let her have it.
ONO's getting it on the Boneyard, but nothing heavy hitting. If anything, it's the kind of stuff that motivates you for next year.

Mir is dumb if she stays. She'll be lucky to get off the bench.

VN Store

Back