Transfer Portal 21-22

Its also not 1998 or 2008 for that matter. The talent in the top 100 is what the talent in the top 10 used to be. There are alot more talented players out there than ever before. The number 1 draft pick this year was rated 32 out of high school. The number 9 draft pick was ranked number 49 out of high school. 25 years with the WNBA has made a huge difference...
Ok let's take this year's final 4.South Carolina 1 UCONN 2 Stanford 4 Louisville 9 that was last year rankings and all of those schools keep getting great players to play with each other and it seems to be working as far as I can see

ryan-reynolds-facepalm-gif.gif

wrong site... this one has been spot on with WAY more than the other one 😂

They dropped about Angel and Saniya leaving way before it was known also droped information about the Jasmines and Rickea
Ah, for some reason I thought it was our friends at WERB.

Saniya would have been nice, but if there's an opportunity for a post player with multiple years eligibility left (i.e. Hollingshed), then that would have been preferable. There's a bit more continuity/options at the wing with Wynn, Pissott, and Puckett there after the seniors graduate next season.

Ok let's take this year's final 4.South Carolina 1 UCONN 2 Stanford 4 Louisville 9 that was last year rankings and all of those schools keep getting great players to play with each other and it seems to be working as far as I can see
Recruiting ratings are relevant to develop a consistently top team. None of the women teams that regularly get to the Final 4 or Elite 8 do it without at least some players who were big time recruits. It is true that some of the highly recruited players never lift a team to a championship or have the college career as expected. It is also true that some of the players in the bottom half of the top 100 develop into essential players for their highly rated teams. I like Kellie's approach of going for a mixture of players that include the top rated recruits and some that are good but not at the very top with the common ingredient that they are players that value effort and teamwork more than they do their own stats. Teams with too many superstar players that don't play team ball won't live up to their hype, but a team with no one rated in the top 20 in their classes is also unlikely to go to the Final 4 no matter how great their team work is. With the group we will have for next year, I think the mix of talent and team commitment is just right.

This is not what it looks like when you have just got the news that you have by far the best transfer class in the country with the #1 transfer and two others in the top 10 unless you are invested in the Lady Vols demise.
Yeah, none of his posts about the demise of the Lady Vols are aging well these days...

Am I correct that starting next year the one year sit out period goes back into affect? If so, that will dramatically impact the number of transfers. I could be wrong on sit out but I read something about that.

Am I correct that starting next year the one year sit out period goes back into affect? If so, that will dramatically impact the number of transfers. I could be wrong on sit out but I read something about that.
No going forward every player will have the ability to transfer 1 time without penalty meaning not having to sit out after one transfer and you try it again then you have to sit out 1 year on your 2nd transfer.

No going forward every player will have the ability to transfer 1 time without penalty meaning not having to sit out after one transfer and you try it again then you have to sit out 1 year on your 2nd transfer.
I think they must have been referencing that with the covid year transfer, even if that is a second transfer there is no sit out but THAT goes away next year. Thanks for your clarification!

Reactions: xtpsrh08123

Everyone is given a one time free transfer I believe. After that they have to sit if they transfer again. I think they are trying to prevent players transferring numerous times as we are starting to see.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
This is not what it looks like when you have just got the news that you have by far the best transfer class in the country with the #1 transfer and two others in the top 10 unless you are invested in the Lady Vols demise.

Or it's possible, Dr. Phil, I am invested in seeing the Lady Vols return to the Final Four and become legitimate title contenders both in the coming season and the years to follow -- and I sure would have liked their chances of both a lot better with Rivers on the roster as opposed to without.

Fortunately there are still some transfers in the portal left that can help, but players like Rivers can take a great team to elite...

So nobody told the troll this happened today lol

Help me out please you or anyone because i know you have said to us its not about stars.we are so excited to have some of the top transfers added to this team to the point we are thinking elite 8,final 4 and possibly a natty myself included because great talent has been added to the team and has given us fans confidence that we can be a great team this upcoming season. rickea Jackson is a former 5☆ and by all accounts everyone is so happy she chose us.so why am I and other posters who say we need some 5☆players from high school getting feedback from quite a few posters saying it's about more than getting elite players stars aint important.i see nothing wrong with beating the drum saying we are not getting back to elite until we get the elite high schoolers. just like we are estactic over getting the elite portal transfers i want to get excited over the elite high school recruits coming to the LV .so again I'm saying we need some ELITE high school recruits to have this same excitement and expectations that we have about this upcoming team

VN Store

Back