Transfer Portal 21-22

Recruiting is killing me and I don’t even have anything to do with it! 😂😂😂

Same!

I often wish I could completely ignore LVBB from the moment they play their last game of one season until the day they play the first game of the next. Life would be less stressful if I could be pleasantly surprised to find out who is on the team from one year to the next, avoiding all the recruiting ups and downs. :eek:

Same!

I often wish I could completely ignore LVBB from the moment they play their last game of one season until the day they play the first game of the next. Life would be less stressful if I could be pleasantly surprised to find out who is on the team from one year to the next, avoiding all the recruiting ups and downs. :eek:
That is hysterical! Can you imagine waiting until tip off of the very first game and going “ Wow, who are all these kids?!?”. Kinda sounds like fun!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
That is hysterical! Can you imagine waiting until tip off of the very first game and going “ Wow, who are all these kids?!?”. Kinda sounds like fun!

I know for a fact there are people like this. These are people who do crazy things like "have social lives," or "not be on their computer obsessing over sports every waking hour," or "go outside" and things like that. These people seem to think that there are other things to think about and do besides wait and search for any teeny-tiny tidbit of either real or perceived news/intel concerning Lady Vols basketball.

I know. Crazy. :D

Same!

Amen.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I wanna say a ‘23 recruit but I’m not sure with the evaluation period going on and some posters here are sure Kellie will be using all 15 spots next szn so it could very well be a transfer….Saniya Rivers perhaps
Yeah I was like which 23 prospect had time to visit, but then why would Rivers visit when the coaches weren’t on campus.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Sam also tweeted that gathering talent is good, but if they can’t work together, talent means very little. Those who keep whining about getting “blue-chip” players, take note.
Thats a good and true statement but blue chips playing together can work out too Holdsclaw Catchings Randle.Sue Bird Swin Cash Aisha Jones Tamika Williams those four came in together and were all highly rated and won the chip. South Carolina had a lot of blue chippers they won so get them and coach them to work together I'm not knocking our coach's statement but just showing it can go both ways where it does work to have a haul of blue chippers

Reactions: lfvol
Same!

I am definitely on board with this statement. The off season seems so long and painful. Just waiting for LV basketball to resume again.

Thats a good and true statement but blue chips playing together can work out too Holdsclaw Catchings Randle.Sue Bird Swin Cash Aisha Jones Tamika Williams those four came in together and were all highly rated and won the chip. South Carolina had a lot of blue chippers they won so get them and coach them to work together I'm not knocking our coach's statement but just showing it can go both ways where it does work to have a haul of blue chippers
We saw how that was working out with Anastasia Hayes and Rickea Jackson. It started going south when Nikki McCray was there and completely blew up when Doug Novack took over. Sometimes "Blue Chips" has to be the star and if they are not getting X amount of Shots or X amount of minutes, the greatest coach in the world can't change that attitude and it causes everyone to be miserable and/or someone ends up leaving. Rickea in that case. Notably, that was the number 7 player in 2017 and the number 5 player in 2018. The better of the two left.

I am definitely on board with this statement. The off season seems so long and painful. Just waiting for LV basketball to resume again.

Yep. The offseason feels like months worth of how it feels to be a kid waiting for the big night Santa is to arrive. Or the looooong wait leading up to the one a kid finally gets to take their driver's license test. Or that week before school lets out for the summer. The days drag.

But oh how the season flies by. That first game happens and then, WHAM! Suddenly we're already in the post -season. 😭

During the season, my entertainment is watching the games and reading comments (positive and negative). During the off season, I don’t care much about the recruiting but I get my entertainment reading about how all of you are stressing out about the recruiting.
I guess I don’t get excited about recruiting because as coach Dale says, “my team is on the floor”. I don’t care if they are a five star or a one star, I’ll support them equally as long as they seem to be good character. Having a good record is nice but I’ll support the players as long as play hard even if the record isn’t good.

During the season, my entertainment is watching the games and reading comments (positive and negative). During the off season, I don’t care much about the recruiting but I get my entertainment reading about how all of you are stressing out about the recruiting.
I guess I don’t get excited about recruiting because as coach Dale says, “my team is on the floor”. I don’t care if they are a five star or a one star, I’ll support them equally as long as they seem to be good character. Having a good record is nice but I’ll support the players as long as play hard even if the record isn’t good.
Glad to know you get your jollies from other’s angst. Feel a little superior there?

Glad to know you get your jollies from other’s angst. Feel a little superior there?
I just think it is interesting how some people get so rapped up in a game. Believe me, I use to. In the past I would get so nervous watching a game that I would turn it off and go to ESPN to see the result. Now I have far more important things to worry about and sports is a pleasant momentary distraction but not worth getting “angst” about.
No I don’t feel superior, maybe jealous.

Reactions: LV renaissance
We saw how that was working out with Anastasia Hayes and Rickea Jackson. It started going south when Nikki McCray was there and completely blew up when Doug Novack took over. Sometimes "Blue Chips" has to be the star and if they are not getting X amount of Shots or X amount of minutes, the greatest coach in the world can't change that attitude and it causes everyone to be miserable and/or someone ends up leaving. Rickea in that case. Notably, that was the number 7 player in 2017 and the number 5 player in 2018. The better of the two left.
So you gave an example where it didn't work and I gave a couple where it did work out but which one has a higher percentage of winning a championship I think it's the team with better players playing together look at our 8 championships we always had atleast two highly rated stars or atleast THEE star to play around now before someone writes this team with no stars won its not the majority and it wasn't the majority for the LV teams or the UCONN teams

I just think it is interesting how some people get so rapped up in a game. Believe me, I use to. In the past I would get so nervous watching a game that I would turn it off and go to ESPN to see the result. Now I have far more important things to worry about and sports is a pleasant momentary distraction but not worth getting “angst” about.
No I don’t feel superior, maybe jealous.
Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I just monitor the box score. 😳

So you gave an example where it didn't work and I gave a couple where it did work out but which one has a higher percentage of winning a championship I think it's the team with better players playing together look at our 8 championships we always had atleast two highly rated stars or atleast THEE star to play around now before someone writes this team with no stars won its not the majority and it wasn't the majority for the LV teams or the UCONN teams
Its also not 1998 or 2008 for that matter. The talent in the top 100 is what the talent in the top 10 used to be. There are alot more talented players out there than ever before. The number 1 draft pick this year was rated 32 out of high school. The number 9 draft pick was ranked number 49 out of high school. 25 years with the WNBA has made a huge difference...

VN Store

Back