Tom Herman thread [merged]

Speaking of estrogen, that sure escalated quickly. Exactly what evidence are you asking message board posters to provide you as to whether or not Herman’s players hated him?? I’ll get on the next flight to Austin to take some depositions.

Urban dislikes him greatly. So it's possible he wants him here for more suffering.

2 have NCAA baggage. One is a big part of the reason that we are In this mess. O Brien would be a great hire. They are all 4 great coaches . Hard to say that any of them are distinctly better than Herman.

^^^^^In response to 85s post. It didn’t reply for some reason.

He's probably the best college experience only hire that has no NCAA issues. Great offense. Urban has a much better tree than Saban. I just don't know if he'd come here at this point unless we are willing to pay and guarantee him 6 years or more.

He’s getting paid by Texas over the next 4 yrs. give him a 4 yr deal with big roll over incentives for success.

Reactions: onevol74
He's probably the best college experience only hire that has no NCAA issues. Great offense. Urban has a much better tree than Saban. I just don't know if he'd come here at this point unless we are willing to pay and guarantee him 6 years or more.
Whoever walks into this mess is going to need 6 years

Reactions: zeppelin128
That speaks well of Herman considering Urban Meyers past

It's reportedly because he turned in Meyer for enabling his wife beating assistant.

Meyer got him fired at Texas by pretending to want that job. As soon as they courted Meyer there was no way Herman was going to be back. He basically made Texas fire him at that point and got his buyout.

Meyer knew all along he was going to the NFL.

Herman is a narcissistic little twit who did spit with a stable full of five star players. That's not a formula for success in Knoxville.

The Dooley hire was made in a last minute panic. We are currently in a last minute panic. The HC on the sidelines next season will be interim or fired shortly after.

He’s just a boozy Butch Jones. Still riding a past with a successful coach and will have 2 maddening loses for every ‘big’ win. Hated by players, boosters and admin. Hard pass

Herman got fired from a school / state that has the most high school talent in the country. While he could probably win 7-8 games here, I just don’t see him as a championship level coach

Yet Texas has won 1 national title in the last 50 years. Meanwhile Oklahoma has miniscule instate talent and dominates Texas head to head and has won multiple NCAA titles in that time frame.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Most was just speculation and hope. If you think anyone really knew what was going to happen then you are lying.

If I was supposed to interpret "NOBODY saw Fulmer immediately retiring" as knowledge, then you are correct. I didn't know anything.

I interpreted "saw" as speculation, and so I pointed out that I did, in fact, speculate.

Reactions: cardvolfan
If he takes another job, does his buyout get reduced by his new salary? If so, I would be inclined to take a year or two off from that high stress position and enjoy life.

If he takes another job, does his buyout get reduced by his new salary? If so, I would be inclined to take a year or two off from that high stress position and enjoy life.

Yes. He appears to have a mitigation clause and is likely also required to seek work. If we offered him a 6 year contract starting at 3.5 million and ramping up at the end he could still get 1.5 million per year from Texas for a couple of years.

VN Store

Back