Tom Herman thread [merged]

You and I agree. But I am of the belief that the University would 100% offer him the job full time if we made a bowl.
Your probably right, coach Steele is a really good coach I know alot of people always point at his hc record at Baylor but that was at a time when nobody was going to win at Baylor. I do think we can do better but if the bottom of our list is him we're in alot better shape than we had been. I really don't want to settle this go around, pony up the dough and get a coach in here.

Probably a pipe dream considering how big a dumpster fire we are. But without having to compensate Pruitt and with healthy conference revenues coming in, maybe we could make it worth his while financially. And our expectations for success versus what he encountered at Texas - well, we're so battered and bruised we'd build him a statue if he could repeat what he did in Austin.

Barnes basically fell in our lap, for those who see the inevitable comparison. Coming here after our Sweet 16 run was not that big of stretch, thankfully. Getting Herman here WOULD be - and would take a ton of skill, commitment, and money to make it happen. But our never-ending experiment of hiring up-and-comers is a proven failure on the football side. Such is the real lesson of the inspired hire of the proven Rick Barnes.
He would be one of my 1st calls (realistically). Chadwell, Herman, and Malzahn are your best REALISTIC options IMO. Kiffin ain't happening and we aren't touching Freeze with the NCAA stuff going on.

I didn't see a dedicated Tom Herman thread, please merge if there is one.

The more I look at him the more Tom Herman makes sense.

As an OC his offenses set records and finished in the top 10 every where he went with a major emphasis on passing. His qbs have set school records at several stops for passing yards.

As a head coach he is 54-22. Texas hadn't had a double digit winning season in 8 years before he arrived. They had 3 consecutive losing seasons and had lost at least 4 games 7 straight years as well, losing 7 games in four of those years. He's had no losing season there or in his career. He won 10 there his 2nd year. He was a few points away from 10-0 this year on his way to 7-3. Herman is the only coach in Texas history to be 4-0 in bowls in their first 4 seasons.

His recruiting has been excellent. Charlie Strong only signed 1 5-star recruit during his 3 seasons at Texas. Herman signed 8 during his time there. He left Sark with a lot more talent that he inherited from Strong.

A huge plus, he's available and reportedly looking to quickly get back into coaching.

As an OC his offenses set records and finished in the top 10 every where he went with a major emphasis on passing. His qbs have set school records at several stops for passing yards.

As a head coach he is 54-22. Texas hadn't had a double digit winning season in 8 years before he arrived. They had 3 consecutive losing seasons and had lost at least 4 games 7 straight years as well, losing 7 games in four of those years. He's had no losing season there or in his career. He won 10 there his 2nd year. He was a few points away from 10-0 this year on his way to 7-3. Herman is the only coach in Texas history to be 4-0 in bowls in their first 4 seasons.

His recruiting has been excellent. Charlie Strong only signed 1 5-star recruit during his 3 seasons at Texas. Herman signed 8 during his time there. He left Sark with a lot more talent that he inherited from Strong.

A huge plus, he's available and reportedly looking to quickly get back into coaching.
His only minus is he's a headcase like Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich

Reactions: feathersax

Herman would be a great pick.
Texas just didn't like him.

If they reports are right and texas players were recruiting against him that is a red flag on Herman. Have also heard many say he is hard to get along with, not feeling the fit with Herman as much as I was last week. I think we can do better. GBO!

Honestly, of all the guys out there available with power 5 winning experience... i think hes the best one available. And coming fresh off getting fired by his al mamater and dream job might mean hes got a chip on his shoulder and willing to accept the Vols job.

Id hate to see him coaching elsewhere in the SEC against us.

If they reports are right and texas players were recruiting against him that is a red flag on Herman. Have also heard many say he is hard to get along with, not feeling the fit with Herman as much as I was last week. I think we can do better. GBO!
What I find interesting is that in his previous stops there were no indications of player descent. They won. Texas was winning and at least a lot better than they were before he got there. Dude can coach maybe he was just in the midst of butt hurt Charlie Strong entitled premdonnas. Maybe he wasn’t. IDK.

VN Store

Back