Tom Herman thread [merged]

They didn’t ask about Texas. And if Strong had beat Kansas the job wouldn’t have been available. Now if he had THEN taken the LSU job, your liar liar theory would have been factual. But it isn’t.

Texas wasn’t rumored. LSU was. Lying by omission is still lying. That’s like asking Goering about death camps. “Reichmarshall Georing, did you know about Dachua?”
“Rumors. I’m not going to Daucha.” C’mon.

Reactions: kcvols1
Texas wasn’t rumored. LSU was. Lying by omission is still lying. That’s like asking Goering about death camps. “Reichmarshall Georing, did you know about Dachua?”
“Rumors. I’m not going to Daucha.” C’mon.
Well we’re devolving into Nazi analogies. You specified what he lied about and it was something that didn’t end up a lie. Didn’t Hitler fart like a racehorse?

They still have plenty of booster and TV money if they want to fix the problem. They will not fix the problem or even acknowledge if the fans don’t do something. Loudest statement is keep your money in your pocket until a change is made.

Whether I agree with the Coaching decision or not I will always support the players that choose to come to the School I love!

If Hitler did, and you took the blame, is that an acceptable fib?

Probably depends on the context.
It would mean that he’s your Fuhrer and you’ll never be hired as OL coach at Baylor.

Reactions: kcvols1
My list of replacement coaches in order:

1. Freeze/Kiffen (unlikely);

2. Napier;

3. Chadwell;

4. Fickell.

Reactions: LittleVol
My list of replacement coaches in order:

1. Freeze/Kiffen (unlikely);

2. Napier;

3. Chadwell;

4. Fickell.
Fickell will stay in the Midwest. Someone has pointed out that Kiffin coming here would make two times that he has left a school after one year. What makes you think that if he kills it at Tennessee, he wouldn't leave for more money and a better situation?
If there violations, Freeze ain't coming here.
That could be the same for Chadwell.

That leaves Napier and Herman.

Probably a pipe dream considering how big a dumpster fire we are. But without having to compensate Pruitt and with healthy conference revenues coming in, maybe we could make it worth his while financially. And our expectations for success versus what he encountered at Texas - well, we're so battered and bruised we'd build him a statue if he could repeat what he did in Austin.

Barnes basically fell in our lap, for those who see the inevitable comparison. Coming here after our Sweet 16 run was not that big of stretch, thankfully. Getting Herman here WOULD be - and would take a ton of skill, commitment, and money to make it happen. But our never-ending experiment of hiring up-and-comers is a proven failure on the football side. Such is the real lesson of the inspired hire of the proven Rick Barnes.

Probably a pipe dream considering how big a dumpster fire we are. But without having to compensate Pruitt and with healthy conference revenues coming in, maybe we could make it worth his while financially. And our expectations for success versus what he encountered at Texas - well, we're so battered and bruised we'd build him a statue if he could repeat what he did in Austin.

Barnes basically fell in our lap, for those who see the inevitable comparison. Coming here after our Sweet 16 run was not that big of stretch, thankfully. Getting Herman here WOULD be - and would take a ton of skill, commitment, and money to make it happen. But our never-ending experiment of hiring up-and-comers is a proven failure on the football side. Such is the real lesson of the inspired hire of the proven Rick Barnes.
#HireHerman

TH would an improvement over what Tennessee has had for the last decade.

He's probably the best college experience only hire that has no NCAA issues. Great offense. Urban has a much better tree than Saban. I just don't know if he'd come here at this point unless we are willing to pay and guarantee him 6 years or more.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back