To the protesting (quitter) fans

I bought a ticket in July through UT for the game next week against MS State. It cost me $75. I sold it on Stubhub two weeks ago for $145. The shipping address was Gibson, MS, which I assume means that it was a State fan who bought it. Does that mean that I have to go find another team to root for?

I had a pair of free tickets to the MSU game, planned on going to this one game all off season. Decided after week 1 I wasn’t going and have zero regret. Not worth the drive or gas/food/beer money nor do I want to watch us get beat down live anymore than I already have.

OP is basically asking everyone to be the old man that puts barbed wire all the way around his unused land so he's not responsible for the neighbor kids having any fun.

I had a pair of free tickets to the MSU game, planned on going to this one game all off season. Decided after week 1 I wasn’t going and have zero regret. Not worth the drive or gas/food/beer money nor do I want to watch us get beat down live anymore than I already have.
I think the wizard or overlord or whatever he calls himself might give you a pass... Unless you sell those tickets to an MSU fan. Then, you're the devil or something.

This charter is confusing. Hey allvol, can you simplify the rules and regulations? I'm a little lost on proper protocol.

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
I think the wizard or overlord or whatever he calls himself might give you a pass... Unless you sell those tickets to an MSU fan. Then, you're the devil or something.

This charter is confusing. Hey allvol, can you simplify the rules and regulations? I'm a little lost on proper protocol.

I'd have to write a charter using only 3 letter words for you to be able to comprehend it. Not worth my time.

Think of a season ticket holder a second.

Since 2010, there have probably been 5 home games, give or take a game, that were worth every penny someone paid for the tickets.

South Carolina 2013.
Georgia 2015
South Carolina 2015
Florida 2016
Kentucky 2018.

Any other really enjoyable home games since 2010?

Now, think of how much money those people have spent since 2010.

It isn't that complicated. Simply attach an incendiary device to the tickets. If the GPS locator enters the state of Mississippi, or the cameras in the box see a high proportion of maroon... The tickets set on fire.

Don't know how you all are making this so complicated.

Think of a season ticket holder a second.

Since 2010, there have probably been 5 home games, give or take a game, that were worth every penny someone paid for the tickets.

South Carolina 2013.
Georgia 2015
South Carolina 2015
Florida 2016
Kentucky 2018.

Any other really enjoyable home games since 2010?

Now, think of how much money those people have spent since 2010.

All that info was known before they paid for this season's tickets. So how is it relevant to tonight's decision?

Don't blame you.

All that info was known before they paid for this season's tickets. So how is it relevant to tonight's decision?

It has an effect over time. If I have spent $7,500 on Tennessee football since 2010, eventually you probably feel like "damn it, I don't have to apologize to anyone for what I do with my tickets." I've spent $7,500 watching my team get their butt kicked on weekly basis and no one even bothered to say "thank you" for my support or "I'm sorry" the program hasn't produced results, we're freezing ticket prices. Many people have probably spent way, way more than that too.

If I want to sell my tickets to Uncle Lou and get something back, that's my choice.

It has an effect over time. If I have spent $7,500 on Tennessee football since 2010, eventually you probably feel like "damn it, I don't have to apologize to anyone for what I do with my tickets." I've spent $7,500 watching my team get their butt kicked on weekly basis and no one even bothered to say "thank you" for my support or "I'm sorry" the program hasn't produced results, we're freezing ticket prices. Many people have probably spent way, way more than that too.

If I want to sell my tickets to Uncle Lou and get something back, that's my choice.

Again, all that info was known beforehand.

It is your choice. I'm a guy on a message board, and if you knowingly did that, I dont respect you. My choice.

The ones that sold their tickets to UGA fans. I hope you do find another team to root for.

Neyland was electric the first half with Vols fans that did show up.

The team is still fighting. O line is better. Offense full of freshmen playing critical positions. D is thin but put up a decent fight for 3 quarters.

Anyway, if you sold out to UGA, hope you find a new team.

Oh no the VN police is speaking. I do what I want with my tickets and I owe you or anybody else an explanation to what I do with my tickets. Here is another one trying to tell people who real fans are and should turn their fan cards in. Oh and trying to tell people who they need to sell their tickets to. Go kick cans

tenor.gif

There have been results on the field. The university has a football team which plays games. What results do you think you were promised ? Do you feel that you are entitled to be a fan of a winning program?
I can guarantee you that when they fired Phil they werent out there saying "we're committed to barely making bowl games every year as a historically low level collegiate program".
Im not entitled to be a fan of a wining program. I AM a fan of a winning program thats OWN STANDARDS are winning SEC championships. Not sure what you arent getting here.

Again, all that info was known beforehand.

It is your choice. I'm a guy on a message board, and if you knowingly did that, I dont respect you. My choice.
Perhaps UT fans should stop giving the university money then to ensure they arent labelled bad fans? Im sure the university would appreciate less ticket sales.

The ones that sold their tickets to UGA fans. I hope you do find another team to root for.

Neyland was electric the first half with Vols fans that did show up.

The team is still fighting. O line is better. Offense full of freshmen playing critical positions. D is thin but put up a decent fight for 3 quarters.

Anyway, if you sold out to UGA, hope you find a new team.
I would assume most people sell tickets online (Craigslist, etc). It’s not like vols fans are going out of their way to find UGA fans and offload tickets. They don’t wanna watch a dumpster fire so to recoup $ they sell the tickets to whoever happens to be on the other pc screen.

OP has struck a serious nerve it seems. Many getting very defensive. But who exactly?.......

That is the burning question... 🤔

To the protesting fans,

Do whatever the hell you want with your tickets. You paid for them so they belong to you. Choose to support or not support this program in anyway you see fit. If that impacts some sanctimonious True Vol Fan on VN, so be it.

Yep.

They announced 92 K for the game which means it wasnt even close to a sell out.

Think these attendance numbers are going to keep sliding as well and the AD will be thankful for opposing fans showing up to fill the stadium to help pay for this mess.

The game didn't even sell out. You could literally walk up and buy a ticket no matter who you're a fan of. This is dumb.

Reactions: Herman Hickman
People can do as they please with their tickets. I haven't been to a game in Neyland in years due to the product they have produced. I would usually come in for the UGA game or USCe but I'm not driving 6 hrs to see a blowout when I could use the money elsewhere. Last game I attended was UT vs GT in Atlanta. Dont be concerned about fans throwing away their tickets. Be concerned about the University throwing away 900k and lose to cupcakes.

Be fortunate you still have fans who love this program enough to buy the tickets at full price.

There isn't one person on this board who doesn't know the leadership and coaching displayed at the University of Tennessee over the last generation does not merit the ever-increasing investment demanded out of the wallets of the fanbase.

VN Store

Back