To Protect and to Serve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom lives in gallatin. Gonna call and tell her to move. Apparently it's not safe and things are getting out of hand when the cops need vehicles like this.

Very disturbing.

Tell her not to move to Murfreesboro, they just got theirs last week.

My mom lives in gallatin. Gonna call and tell her to move. Apparently it's not safe and things are getting out of hand when the cops need vehicles like this.

Very disturbing.

Lived in Gallatin from 77 to 83. Remember Byron's Bar-b-que?

well you're acting like since there is money available it should be spent on things that will never be utilized. That's how govt works though in that every dollar is spent to justify future budget increases.

back to the MRAP, what purpose would the mine-resistance play in normal operations? Also, since response time is often critical, why choose to go with a vehicle whose higher center of gravity makes it more susceptible to roll-overs?

I am concerned they will simply find a reason to use them.

Reactions: 1 person
So Sumner County can barely get a school budget passed due to cuts but they will have enough money to operate and maintain an MRAP?

How do you like my MRAP. Several mid-state depts got one also. Free of charge btw. Ours is in the process of being painted black. I'm trying to talk the chief into putting shark teeth on the front. The first thing we did was drive through the projects. May I suggest if this awesome beast pulls in front of your house, just lay down and quietly surrender.

View attachment 66650

tOSU...

Ohio State University Acquires Military-Style Armored Truck (PHOTO)

o-ASDF-570.jpg

Can someone (who isn't LEO or hates the general practices of LEO's) tell me why this has EVER been necessary for ANYTHING within our borders? Then, if anyone manages to accomplish that, tell me four more instances.

There's no specific choice for the number other than the fact that I don't think anyone can satiate my thirst for some kind of real answer on this subject.

EDIT: any incident involving the twin towers or the Oklahoma fed building doesn't really count, for obvious reasons.

Can someone (who isn't LEO or hates the general practices of LEO's) tell me why this has EVER been necessary for ANYTHING within our borders? Then, if anyone manages to accomplish that, tell me four more instances.

There's no specific choice for the number other than the fact that I don't think anyone can satiate my thirst for some kind of real answer on this subject.

EDIT: any incident involving the twin towers or the Oklahoma fed building doesn't really count, for obvious reasons.

I can only think of one instance where this might have been needed, and that was the LA bank robbery of 1997. Maybe there have been more instances, but I really doubt it.

I can only think of one instance where this might have been needed, and that was the LA bank robbery of 1997. Maybe there have been more instances, but I really doubt it.

You realize there have been multiple LA type incidents in the US, right? You dont need it until you need it.

You realize there have been multiple LA type incidents in the US, right? You dont need it until you need it.

Shhhh. It's better for the anti-cop crowd for there to be an incident they are ill prepared to deal with... That way, they can criticize them for being incompetent. Can't have law enforcement do a good job. Ruins their agenda.

Shhhh. It's better for the anti-cop crowd for there to be an incident they are ill prepared to deal with... That way, they can criticize them for being incompetent. Can't have law enforcement do a good job. Ruins their agenda.

Dammit, LG you can't agree with me....

I don't think there have been that many. Please point out a few more that are like the North Hollywood incident.

Brentwood, TN. Oakland, CA. Boston, 9-11, Waco, Ruby Ridge..Off the top of my head.

Brentwood- details?
Oakland- details?
Boston. Maybe.
9-11. Maybe.
Next two. The government had no business there in the first place.

Brentwood- details? shoot out with bank robbers similar to LA.
Oakland- details? Really?
Boston. Maybe.
9-11. Maybe.
Next two. The government had no business there in the first place. They were and it applies.

Also, LA riots (OJ trial).
Miami during the 80's..
Kent State
VA Tech
Columbine
Basically any active shooter situatiin.
Speeding tickets on VN members (joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back