To Protect and to Serve II

Was either example ok?
If the police officer is immediately arrested and charged with murder then the riots do not happen.
We the people are tired of our friends and family being murdered by law enforcement.

The criminals using this as an excuse to could not be doing so if the police had been held accountable leading up to this

I have to disagree with you on the bold.

Was either example ok?
If the police officer is immediately arrested and charged with murder then the riots do not happen.
We the people are tired of our friends and family being murdered by law enforcement.

The criminals using this as an excuse to could not be doing so if the police had been held accountable leading up to this
Was either example ok?

Who do you know that has been “murdered by law enforcement”?
these riots were going to happen no matter what because of people coming from the outside of the city and the demographics of Minneapolis

Who do you know that has been “murdered by law enforcement”?
these riots were going to happen no matter what because of people coming from the outside of the city and the demographics of Minneapolis
My 1st cousin Todd was killed by Ky police on a no knock warrant because those stupid mother ****ers went to circle instead of lane. Killed because the police can’t read a map.

My 1st cousin Todd was killed by Ky police on a no knock warrant because those stupid mother ****ers went to circle instead of lane. Killed because the police can’t read a map.

FWIW, every post like this one hurts my heart. Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy. Tracing our lineage back to the days of the Roman Centurion, through the years of the 'Shire Reef (and the origins of the Office of the Sheriff), and into the era of the "Bobbies", a key part of our oath has always been to defend the defenseless; serve the people who give us our authority; and protect life above all else. There is never a good excuse for an inexcusable death under our watch.

It really, really bothers me that in my own community, there are those who see me as a symbol of what killed Ahmaud Arbery...and not as one of those who stand firm that justice must be served here, regardless of past friendships or alliances.

FWIW, every post like this one hurts my heart. Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy. Tracing our lineage back to the days of the Roman Centurion, through the years of the 'Shire Reef (and the origins of the Office of the Sheriff), and into the era of the "Bobbies", a key part of our oath has always been to defend the defenseless; serve the people who give us our authority; and protect life above all else. There is never a good excuse for an inexcusable death under our watch.

It really, really bothers me that in my own community, there are those who see me as a symbol of what killed Ahmaud Arbery...and not as one of those who stand firm that justice must be served here, regardless of past friendships or alliances.

there are many good officers like you.
The problem is the protection of the others who are not.
I believe that a much higher standard is required.

And an end to the no knock warrant.

there are many good officers like you.
The problem is the protection of the others who are not.
I believe that a much higher standard is required.

And an end to the no knock warrant.

The standards are high enough, as are the standards for a no-knock.

What we need is more who understand the requirements of those standards, and uphold them.

I'm on record that I believe a friend of mine was there when an innocent man was killed, and is responsible in some measure for his death. I'll leave it for a jury to decide, but in my mind...no way it was justified.

And that hurts my heart as well.

Reactions: Bigun
The standards are high enough, as are the standards for a no-knock.

What we need is more who understand the requirements of those standards, and uphold them.

I'm on record that I believe a friend of mine was there when an innocent man was killed, and is responsible in some measure for his death. I'll leave it for a jury to decide, but in my mind...no way it was justified.

And that hurts my heart as well.
We will agree to disagree on that.
When I, a 51 year old white man, fears the police but not the supposed thugs that wander around the “High crime” places I often work then the police have a real image problem.
it’s funny......yesterday a kid dressed in the blue colors ran by the site I’m working and said to me “five O”. I know he’s talking to me because no body else is around. The funny part is I went inside because the gang member didn’t bother me but the police did.

Reactions: davethevol
We will agree to disagree on that.
When I, a 51 year old white man, fears the police but not the supposed thugs that wander around the “High crime” places I often work then the police have a real image problem.
it’s funny......yesterday a kid dressed in the blue colors ran by the site I’m working and said to me “five O”. I know he’s talking to me because no body else is around. The funny part is I went inside because the gang member didn’t bother me but the police did.
You must have been over in that area to buy some crack😁

Reactions: VolFaninFla
I’d rather we stop the violence. While I understand what you’re saying, taking out on an innocent member of his family won’t teach him anything. How about we hold him responsible instead. It’s unlikely but we really need to start holding the police to a much higher standard
A male member of her family needs to find him and do what a man is supposed to do. That’s all I’ll say.

I’d rather we stop the violence. While I understand what you’re saying, taking out on an innocent member of his family won’t teach him anything. How about we hold him responsible instead. It’s unlikely but we really need to start holding the police to a much higher standard
I KNOW you are 100% right and appreciate your response. Thank you.

I’m just angry and frustrated with these scenes playing out over and over again. It doesn’t have to be this way. If you cannot take the stress that your job entails, GTFO and go do something else.

And until good cops start policing bad cops, this will continue to be a daily occurrence.

???

What are you talking about?
Forgive me if any of this information is incorrect, I’m just getting caught up on the incident after making the mistake of listening to that 911 call last night.

My first thought was, why is there no police activity in the background of the call? I figured they’d be yelling “Police, come out with your hands up, put your weapons down” or something, but there’s nothing. You can tell this man clearly has no idea who just shot up his home and killed his girlfriend, and that they had already left the scene at the time of the 911 call. My understanding of the timeline is that there was about 15 minutes between the shooting and when the police returned with a SWAT team and arrested Walker without further incident.

I’m still confused about several things here. If it’s a no-knock raid in the middle of the night, what is the purpose of arriving in plainclothes and unmarked cars? Why did the LMPD state they knocked if it’s a no-knock raid? None of the neighbors ever heard the police identify themselves. Why no body cams? If they think there is a dangerous fugitive, why were there only 3 officers conducting the initial raid? No tactical gear, no backup or EMS ready? How could they not know that their actual target had already been arrested? How come Taylor was shot 8 times but Walker, who was the one who returned fire, didn’t take a single bullet? They shoot up this apartment building and don’t even have someone stay at the scene of the crime?

And charging Walker with attempted murder was really just the cherry on top...

VN Store

Back