To Protect and to Serve II

You are what is wrong in society right now from the law enforcement side. I'm sorry but you have zero defense of this officer killing a woman but in your mind he was perfectly allowed to kill a person. I'm about as conservative as people come but I would never defend this killing.
Well it’s ok to be wrong. I believe in self defense and not getting killed by a criminal.

KPD and KCSO have had 5 calls this week where an armed and barricaded suspect was threatening to kill them. And they didn’t shoot anyone. Weird for a bunch of adrenaline junkie steroided itchy trigger finger cowboys looking to kill someone right? But you always focus on the .00000001% of police encounters that they have to shoot as the “problem”. Even if it’s justified and a legal shooting

So you are against police pulling over people for traffic/moving violations at all?
You still don't get it. Its a matter of discernment and good judgement. Every situation doesn't require immediate action. Just because someone has no plates, that isn't probable cause of them being a car thief or a child trafficker (I would wager that most of them just couldn't afford plates). And even if they were, is it wise to endanger other people on the road by launching into a high speed chase?

You still don't get it. Its a matter of discernment and good judgement. Every situation doesn't require immediate action. Just because someone has no plates, that isn't probable cause of them being a car thief or a child trafficker (I would wager that most of them just couldn't afford plates). And even if they were, is it wise to endanger other people on the road by launching into a high speed chase?
And I said I agree that every situation is different but that officer likely did something similar or opposite on thousands of calls. Each one is a crapshoot. Fleeing and fighting and someone attempting to kill you can happen on any call or no call. It’s easy to 2nd guess split decision making after the fact, but the shooting happened solely because the suspect chose to run and then tried to kill an officer. Those were her choices 100%

I watched the whole event, raw video. Most of the chase was in rural area where the public was at little risk. I watched the shooting scene several times and thought both the cop and the girl were shocked at the encounter. I'm not convinced she veered at him as has been portrayed. It was a tight squeeze between the two trucks with the cop in there too. At the time I was thinking to myself that I wasn't sure that was necessary. I mean she didn't hit him. Would she have hit him had he not fired? I'm not sure him shooting her had that much affect on the path of the vehicle.

What bothered me even more was his lack of emotion after the shooting. I would have expected him to either be upset or angry that he had to shoot her. I've never been in that position so I'll refrain from passing judgement.

When things like this happen, I try to look back on who lit the fuse. The women obviously started the whole chain of events that caused the whole thing to go down. I do agree with Ras, as I think it was 100% legal what he did. Im.just not 100% convinced lethal force was needed. I don't think him shooting her change whether or not he was killed or injured. These things happen I a split second so it's hard for me to put myself in his shoes.

I watched the whole event, raw video. Most of the chase was in rural area where the public was at little risk. I watched the shooting scene several times and thought both the cop and the girl were shocked at the encounter. I'm not convinced she veered at him as has been portrayed. It was a tight squeeze between the two trucks with the cop in there too. At the time I was thinking to myself that I wasn't sure that was necessary. I mean she didn't hit him. Would she have hit him had he not fired? I'm not sure him shooting her had that much affect on the path of the vehicle.

What bothered me even more was his lack of emotion after the shooting. I would have expected him to either be upset or angry that he had to shoot her. I've never been in that position so I'll refrain from passing judgement.

When things like this happen, I try to look back on who lit the fuse. The women obviously started the whole chain of events that caused the whole thing to go down. I do agree with Ras, as I think it was 100% legal what he did. Im.just not 100% convinced lethal force was needed. I don't think him shooting her change whether or not he was killed or injured. These things happen I a split second so it's hard for me to put myself in his shoes.
Fair assessment
His reaction does seem…….odd
I know a couple of guys from the gun range when they talk about self defense it’s almost like they want someone to try and break into their house so they can shoot them. That mentality puzzles me. I’ve had to grab a gun from the safe twice in 32 years of marriage because I thought someone was breaking in. Both times I was thinking the exact opposite and was actually in prayer “Lord let this be nothing.”

Fair assessment
I know a couple of guys from the gun range when they talk about self defense it’s almost like they want someone to try and break into their house so they can shoot them. That mentality puzzles me. I’ve had to grab a gun from the safe twice in 32 years of marriage because I thought someone was breaking in. Both times I was thinking the exact opposite and was actually in prayer “Lord let this be nothing.”
Doesn't it concern you that the first thing that is said after something like this is that "It was legal"?

Fair assessment
My neighbor called for help a few years back. We're out in the boonies and they'd been stealing him blind. He had caught someone red handed without a firearm. He had a dude pinned against a truck with a brush axe. I jumped up and grabbed my gun, told the wife to call 911. I drove over and sure enough he had this guy sitting on the ground next to the drivers side, open door of the bad guys truck. It was all I could do to point the gun toward the guy. As a matter of fact I just couldn't do it. I held it pointed at the ground toward his feet. He was real squirmy wanting to get into his truck. I was afraid he might have a weapon in the truck so I couldn't relax for a second. I was screaming at him to please don't make me shoot him. I was praying the same thing. I remember thinking that if I acted crazy enough he might think I was crazy enough to shoot him so I screamed at him with the craziest eyes I could muster "Don't make me shoot your ass!" I quiver at thought if having to shoot someone.

Last edited:
My neighbor called for help a few years back. We're out in the boonies and they'd been stealing him blind. He had caught someone red handed without a firearm. He had a dude pinned against a truck with a brush axe. I jumped up and grabbed my gun, told the wife to call 911. I drove over and sure enough he had this guy sitting on the ground next to the drivers side, open door of the bad guys truck. It was all I could do to point the gun toward the guy. As a matter of fact I just couldn't do it. I held it pointed at the ground toward his feet. He was real squirmy wanting to get into his truck. I was afraid he might have a weapon in the truck so I couldn't relax for a second. I was screaming at him to please don't make me shoot him. I was praying the same thing. I remember thinking that if I acted crazy enough he might think I was crazy enough to shoot him so I screamed at him with the craziest eyes I could muster "Don't make me shoot your ass!" I quiver at thought if having to shoot someone.
When you are involved in a shooting, your training takes over but everyone goes into a mini shock. It’s also a physiological effect on the body. Those who say police are going around looking for people to shoot have no understanding of it

Psychopathy vs Sociopathy - Mental Health America of Eastern Missouri

Traits of Sociopathy

Researchers tend to believe that sociopathy is the result of environmental factors, such as a child or teen’s upbringing in a very negative household that resulted in physical abuse, emotional abuse, or childhood trauma.

Sociopaths, in general, tend to be more impulsive and erratic in their behavior than their psychopath counterparts. While also having difficulties in forming attachments to others, some sociopaths may be able to form an attachment to a like-minded group or person. Unlike psychopaths, most sociopaths don’t hold down long-term jobs or present much of a normal family life to the outside world.

When a sociopath engages in criminal behavior, they may do so in an impulsive and largely unplanned manner, with little regard for the risks or consequences of their actions. They may become agitated and angered easily, sometimes resulting in violent outbursts. These kinds of behaviors increase a sociopath’s chances of being apprehended.

Psychopathy vs Sociopathy - Mental Health America of Eastern Missouri

Traits of Sociopathy

Researchers tend to believe that sociopathy is the result of environmental factors, such as a child or teen’s upbringing in a very negative household that resulted in physical abuse, emotional abuse, or childhood trauma.

Sociopaths, in general, tend to be more impulsive and erratic in their behavior than their psychopath counterparts. While also having difficulties in forming attachments to others, some sociopaths may be able to form an attachment to a like-minded group or person. Unlike psychopaths, most sociopaths don’t hold down long-term jobs or present much of a normal family life to the outside world.

When a sociopath engages in criminal behavior, they may do so in an impulsive and largely unplanned manner, with little regard for the risks or consequences of their actions. They may become agitated and angered easily, sometimes resulting in violent outbursts. These kinds of behaviors increase a sociopath’s chances of being apprehended.
So like criminals in general? I agree that many are sociopaths especially when drugs and/or mental illness

Being able to deactivate a bodycam or dashcam by the police to me should not be allowed. I can understand not wanted to be recorded while on a private phone call or in the bathroom but all too often we see police officers turn off their cameras when something dubious takes place. Technology is easy enough to implement where instead of turning a camera off it continues to record but it takes a judge's order to the manufacturer to unlock the video where it can be seen. If police want transparency they would embrace the technology.

Reactions: davethevol
I wonder why the kids were pulled over? Busted taillight or brake light?

I swear, these cops get their rocks off just pulling people over on these pizz ant infractions and just don't realize the danger they put themselves and the public in by pulling these stunts... especially at night. Now you got a two lives ruined, a dead teen and an officer out of work and facing jail time possibly... all over what may end up being something minor and ridiculous.

Cops engage in far, far too many of these damn traffic stops.

I wonder why the kids were pulled over? Busted taillight or brake light?

I swear, these cops get their rocks off just pulling people over on these pizz ant infractions and just don't realize the danger they put themselves and the public in by pulling these stunts... especially at night. Now you got a two lives ruined, a dead teen and an officer out of work and facing jail time possibly... all over what may end up being something minor and ridiculous.

Cops engage in far, far too many of these damn traffic stops.

When I was a teenager I got pulled over all of the time, usually, and rightfully so for way exceeding the speed limit. Two that especially stick out to me was for one, having a burned out license plate bulb (1 of 2 bulbs) and the other was because someone was tailgating me. Sorry officer you didn't get your big teenager drug bust either time.

Lmao this guy is wrong as usual. I don’t know why you trust what this lunatic says. Again read up on his history and why he hates police. But fear is manifested in different ways with different people. Training overcomes fear a lot on incidents for both police and military

Lmao this guy is wrong as usual. I don’t know why you trust what this lunatic says. Again read up on his history and why he hates police. But fear is manifested in different ways with different people. Training overcomes fear a lot on incidents for both police and military
You can make up whatever excuses you want, but when that officer jumped in front of the car he did so to force a confrontation. Then he executed her. The only thing that officer was afraid of, he was afraid he didn’t have enough bullets in his gun to kill the driver. Fear for his life my ASS!

You can make up whatever excuses you want, but when that officer jumped in front of the car he did so to force a confrontation. Then he executed her. The only thing that officer was afraid of, he was afraid he didn’t have enough bullets in his gun to kill the driver. Fear for his life my ASS!
you really are an emotionally driven person aren't you? Not only are you jumping to all kinds of conclusions, you are incorrect from a legal standpoint

VN Store

Back