To Protect and to Serve II

It was obviously too hard to just follow her at a distance and then confront when she’s out of the car. Perhaps even run the vin while she’s inside somewhere.
Follow her at a distance at 100 mph? Inside where? and how do you run a VIN off a car from several feet away?

Is that illegal?
Is that a common sign for more serious crimes such as auto thefts?
Is it a common indicator that if someone flees in such a car, that more criminal activity may be apparent?

Should officers NEVER enforce any minor laws and just let people do what they want with no consequences?

See, you have no level of discernment. I didn't say never, nor did I say the driver wasn't without fault. I'm saying that the cop holds some accountability for how this ended up.

But if they do that, then they can't get that adrenalin rush and play cops and robbers on the taxpayer's dime.
Unless they saw this woman commit a serious crime why even initiate a chase over a missing tag? You're right about the adrenaline rush over a chase because they must get bored writing speeding tickets and going to domestic disputes.

See, you have no level of discernment. I didn't say never, nor did I say the driver wasn't without fault. I'm saying that the cop holds some accountability for how this ended up.
but you keep stating "it was no license plate" without recognizing that several similar incidents which the police do the exact same thing lead to arresting felons all the time, some in stolen cars, some simply with drugs, some that just were experience a medical issue, but it doesn't change the fact that the officer was following the law and the suspect is the one who escalated it to violence

Can’t outrun the radio, right? There are ways to pursue someone that doesn’t put the public at risk. Especially for something as minor as a missing tag.
I am sure interested in hearing your expertise on "how to pursue someone" without chasing them, especially in a vehicle with no identifiers lol

Unless they saw this woman commit a serious crime why even initiate a chase over a missing tag? You're right about the adrenaline rush over a chase because they must get bored writing speeding tickets and going to domestic disputes.
How is it boredom over writing speeding tickets if the officer was trying to WRITE a ticket lol

And i am guessing you haven't been to many domestic disputes because "boredom" is not what officers feel on them

But if they do that, then they can't get that adrenalin rush and play cops and robbers on the taxpayer's dime.
Do you really not think the officer wanted her to just pull over? I can promise you that officer didn't want the paperwork and hassle of what occurred to occur.

I am sure interested in hearing your expertise on "how to pursue someone" without chasing them, especially in a vehicle with no identifiers lol
Oh I don’t know…. Keys radio “white ford sedan with missing license plate headed east bound on highway whatever, any other units available for response?”

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
but you keep stating "it was no license plate" without recognizing that several similar incidents which the police do the exact same thing lead to arresting felons all the time, some in stolen cars, some simply with drugs, some that just were experience a medical issue, but it doesn't change the fact that the officer was following the law and the suspect is the one who escalated it to violence
Everything the cop did was legal.

But just because it is legal, that doesn't mean it was justified.

Do you understand the difference?

How is it boredom over writing speeding tickets if the officer was trying to WRITE a ticket lol

And i am guessing you haven't been to many domestic disputes because "boredom" is not what officers feel on them
You honestly don't get what pretty much everyone else is telling you about this killing do you? There was no reason to get into a chase and shoot someone in the head over a missing license plate. I don't care what they MIGHT have done, the officer had no clue other than they had no plate. If they take off maybe turn the lights and siren on for a bit and then give it up. This wasn't a crime worthy of killing someone other than the officer incited it.

Oh I don’t know…. Keys radio “white ford sedan with missing license plate headed east bound on highway whatever, any other units available for response?”
So what would've been a different result? Other officers attempt to pursue her as they did, do the spike strips (which i hate those BTW) as they did, and it ends the same way

Everything the cop did was legal.

But just because it is legal, that doesn't mean it was justified.

Do you understand the difference?
it was justified as well. You can argue how long and much to pursue over the missing license plate, I think there is some differing and vary of opinions there...but the shooting is 100% justified and legal both

You honestly don't get what pretty much everyone else is telling you about this killing do you? There was no reason to get into a chase and shoot someone in the head over a missing license plate. I don't care what they MIGHT have done, the officer had no clue other than they had no plate. If they take off maybe turn the lights and siren on for a bit and then give it up. This wasn't a crime worthy of killing someone other than the officer incited it.
he didn't shoot her over the license plate, he shot at her because she tried to kill him.

he didn't shoot her over the license plate, he shot at her because she tried to kill him.
Which HE could have avoided by not getting into a pursuit over a missing license plate. See where this goes? It leads back to the officer being a douche bag and letting his adrenaline kill another person.

So what would've been a different result? Other officers attempt to pursue her as they did, do the spike strips (which i hate those BTW) as they did, and it ends the same way
We will never know, will we? One thing is for certain, everything doesn’t warrant a high speed chase. It’s far too dangerous for the public. I’d rather have a hardened criminal get away from the cops, than have one innocent person harmed by a high speed chase through public roadways. The roads are dangerous enough as is.

Which HE could have avoided by not getting into a pursuit over a missing license plate. See where this goes? It leads back to the officer being a douche bag and letting his adrenaline kill another person.
he was doing his job, whether you agree or disagree with his decision making, he didn't do anything illegal, immoral, or unjustified.
That doesn't make him a "douchebag" because a criminal decided to run from him and he pursued them. This woman has a long history of criminal behavior for a reason, and it has nothing to do with the police.

His adrenaline didn't kill anyone. A criminal tried to kill him and he shot to end the threat posed to him, which is why there will be no charges or punishment.
It's really not that hard a concept to grasp

We will never know, will we? One thing is for certain, everything doesn’t warrant a high speed chase. It’s far too dangerous for the public. I’d rather have a hardened criminal get away from the cops, than have one innocent person harmed by a high speed chase through public roadways. The roads are dangerous enough as is.
I somewhat agree but not one innocent person was harmed during this incident

So because cops get lucky sometimes when they pull people over (and I guess engage in dangerous high speed pursuits?) for trivial nonsense, and find someone who is actually doing something really bad, that excuses the whole practice? Seems like lazy and ****** policework to me. If I pull over x number of people for minor traffic offenses, maybe I'll get one child trafficker!

How about doing some actual police work and imvestigate child trafficking instead of hoping and praying for something to fall in your lap while trying to meet a quota and leave regular folks minding their own business alone.

So because cops get lucky sometimes when they pull people over (and I guess engage in dangerous high speed pursuits?) for trivial nonsense, and find someone who is actually doing something really bad, that excuses the whole practice? Seems like lazy and ****** policework to me. If I pull over x number of people for minor traffic offenses, maybe I'll get one child trafficker!

How about doing some actual police work and imvestigate child trafficking instead of hoping and praying for something to fall in your lap while trying to meet a quota and leave regular folks minding their own business alone.
1625688104995.gif

he was doing his job, whether you agree or disagree with his decision making, he didn't do anything illegal, immoral, or unjustified.
That doesn't make him a "douchebag" because a criminal decided to run from him and he pursued them. This woman has a long history of criminal behavior for a reason, and it has nothing to do with the police.

His adrenaline didn't kill anyone. A criminal tried to kill him and he shot to end the threat posed to him, which is why there will be no charges or punishment.
It's really not that hard a concept to grasp
You are what is wrong in society right now from the law enforcement side. I'm sorry but you have zero defense of this officer killing a woman but in your mind he was perfectly allowed to kill a person. I'm about as conservative as people come but I would never defend this killing.

So you are against police pulling over people for traffic/moving violations at all?

VN Store

Back