'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Yeah but does yer dog bring you a Web page in the morning? Can you crumple yer Web page up to light the charcoal in yer grill chimney? And can you learn complex paper folding getting yer Web page into a more manageable size for reading.

Edit: I guess the last one you can just Google paper folding.

Can you use play-doh on the cartoons on google, I know, am going wayyy back.

Reactions: 1 person
Guys, it's called a newspaper. The Commercial Appeal is a newspaper. It's actually made of folded pieces of paper and there are articles printed on the paper. People used to have them delivered to their houses back in the old days. This used to be one of the primary ways people got their news.

I'm pretty sure the paper was made from an old wooden ship from the Civil War named Diversity.

Reactions: 1 person
while the suitors have been plentiful, gray is making plans to narrow his choices in anticipation of making a summer time decision. "i have been to mississippi state, ole miss, arkansas and stanford so far," gray shared. "i want to visit a few more schools and then i am going to narrow things down to about five schools and then i am looking at making my commitment in june. I plan on visiting tennessee, penn state, florida and texas a&m before i make my decision. "i can't say for sure that anybody is already in the top five right now. I don't really have any leanings or any favorites. I am just trying to keep an open mind, while i visit all of the schools."

"i just want to find a group of guys that are working towards winning championships," gray said. "i want to be a part of a program that is working towards winning a national championship. "i want to go somewhere where i can have a great relationship with the strength and conditioning coach. I know how important all of that work is to my productivity on the field."

perhaps the relationship that gray is focused on the most is the one he expects to have with his position coach. While gray is still trying running back coaches on for size, the four star ball carrier has high expectations for himself.

"i have to have a great relationship with my running back coach," gray shared. "i want to play for a coach who is going to get the most out of me. After a couple of years, i want to be able to be one of the top running backs in the nation. From there, i want to be prepared to go on the nfl. I am going to play for the running back who can best prepare me for all of that."

with his eyes trained on a pre-season decision, gray hopes to have the recruiting process settled as he enters his senior season.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder how high he is on our board

One of the podcasts (SEC country?) seemed to indicate he was really high despite not being a perfect fit, partly because of our staff’s desire to continue taking a foothold in Memphis. But who knows for sure.

One of the podcasts (SEC country?) seemed to indicate he was really high despite not being a perfect fit, partly because of our staff’s desire to continue taking a foothold in Memphis. But who knows for sure.

He was really high? Is it worth the risk?

This was a joke. I should probably back slowly away now.

He was really high? Is it worth the risk?

This was a joke. I should probably back slowly away now.

I’ll help.
images

When they let CRG go that set us back a bit with him. We are trying though and still have a shot but having to play catch up now.

four-star junior running back eric gray of lausanne collegiate school in memphis, tenn., told 247sports' paul jones on wednesday night that he's planning to visit tennessee on thursday.

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound gray will be visiting the vols for the first time since june, when he attended one of their camps under former tennessee coach butch jones' staff.

He has received scholarship offers from more than 20 schools, including tennessee, arkansas, mississippi state, ole miss, stanford, lsu, miami, michigan, south carolina, texas a&m, nebraska, vanderbilt and west virginia.

Gray told 247sports' steve robertson earlier this month that he was planning to narrow his choices before potentially deciding on a college this summer.

"i have been to mississippi state, ole miss, arkansas and stanford so far," gray told robertson at the time. "i want to visit a few more schools, and then i am going to narrow things down to about five schools, and then i am looking at making my commitment in june. I plan on visiting tennessee, penn state, florida and texas a&m before i make my decision."

he's ranked the no. 262 overall prospect and no. 3 all-purpose back and the no. 12 player from the state of tennessee in the industry-generated 247sports composite for the 2019 class. He's also ranked by 247sports as the no. 83 overall player and no. 1 all-purpose back in the 2019 class and the no. 3 junior from tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
Gray's stock seems to have slipped a bit in recent months. It'll be interesting to see if Tennessee decides to push for him. He's definitely not the biggest back — and doesn't have blazing speed, either — so I'm not sure he's the Vols' type of RB.

-Callahan

The four-star junior all-purpose back from Lausanne Collegiate School in Memphis, Tenn., returned to Tennessee on Thursday for the first time in almost a year to attend one of the Vols’ final spring practices, and he said they now are “back where they were” among the top teams he’s considering. The 5-foot-10, 191-pound Gray was high on Tennessee during former coach Butch Jones’ tenure, but he admitted he was “kind of iffy” on the Vols and first-year coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff before making the trip to Knoxville again last week. He said they’re now one of two teams, along with Mississippi State, that are assured of a spot among his five finalists as he moves toward a possible June decision.

“It was a great atmosphere,” Gray said after participating in Sunday’s Nike Elite 11 Regional at Nashville’s Montgomery Bell Academy. “I went in kind of iffy, thinking (running backs) coach (Chris) Weinke being a quarterback, if he was going to be a good running back coach. “And Coach Pruitt, I had never talked to him. (I was) going to see if he was trying to change my position or anything like that. But after talking to Coach Weinke, he’s an incredible guy. He’s an X-and-O guy, can really enhance my game. And Coach Pruitt is a great guy. He let me know my best position is at running back. “They’re definitely more of a contender now, with me getting to have a conversation with Coach Pruitt and getting to watch practice and different stuff like that.”

“Their facilities have always been great,” said Gray, who’s ranked the No. 244 overall prospect and No. 3 all-purpose back in the 247Sports Composite for the 2019 class. “I like it down there in Knoxville. It’s a lot to do in Knoxville. Knoxville is a great town. I liked them before when Butch was there. Me and Butch had a good relationship. But just, when they changed coaching staffs, I didn’t know. “But actually getting to talk to them, yeah, they’re back where they were.”

Gray said he was impressed with the way Weinke, a former Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback at Florida State, worked with the Vols’ running backs, along with “the tempo” of Tennessee’s practice under Pruitt. “He’s like this,” Gray said of Pruitt, snapping his fingers repeatedly. “He might be mellow when you’re talking to him. But when he gets out on the grass, he’s yelling. He’s going at it. And Coach Weinke, I just wanted to see the different drills he went through with his running backs to see how he developed them — different stuff like that.”

“It was real funny, because he’s a real chill guy,” Gray said. “He’s just sitting there talking like, ‘Hey, man, we want you here.’ He’s not up in your face. He’s just real chill about it. He’s going to let you know. He’s going to be honest with you, and I like that about him. “With Pruitt coming from Alabama, I think that staff is going to get Tennessee where they need to be, because I think they have a good staff with Coach Weinke, Coach (Tyson) Helton at offensive coordinator. I think they’re going to do big things.”

Gray plans to visit PSU, UF and A&M and then decide in June.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back