'19 TN RB Eric Gray

I don't think going to IMG hurts us at all. He's already said Tennessee is one of his leaders, even before Pruitt was announced.

If he attends there, and we pursue him, we still have a good shot at landing him and build further in-roads at IMG.

I have to say... while I really like Grant and Banks, I'm looking forward to being in the running for legit 5 star "can't miss" type runners in the coming years.

Just seems like anyone that goes to IMG their recruitment turns into the unknown. Heck Minnesota somehow pulled two big OL out of there

I have always wondered who pays for these players to attend IMG? The cost to attend if you live on campus is somewhere in the neighborhood of $55K per year.

I find it hard to believe that the parents of these guys are coming up with that money.

I have always wondered who pays for these players to attend IMG? The cost to attend if you live on campus is somewhere in the neighborhood of $55K per year.

I find it hard to believe that the parents of these guys are coming up with that money.

I’m sure if you’re good enough they’ll give you athletic scholarships

Reactions: 2 people

1/2 the kids there are decent athletes bankrolled by rich Daddy’s living vicariously through their kids. Mainly local rich kids in Sarasota, Bradenton and Tampa where Dad can say “my son or daughter plays for IMG.” In some cases their marginal skilled child improves and earns a scholarship at a small school. Investment repaid. IMG recruits these parents and kids also. Need their money.

Their money funds the scholarship players.

This isn’t about playing time. This is about him getting ready for the next level. Everyone knows he’s a great prospect and he will still be one when he signs with UT. His whole life will be on a planned schedule while he’s there from classes, to workouts, to practice. Kids there are getting college like coaching, strength & conditioning, and nutrition. I also think it’s a good thing he’ll probably only get 8-10 touches a game rather that the 20+ he’d be getting at his old high school. He’ll have less mileage on his legs when he gets to campus.

Does this reflect on Kingston Harris also? Being a backup player and a 3 star on this team can be misleading.

Does this reflect on Kingston Harris also? Being a backup player and a 3 star on this team can be misleading.

I have kept up with Eric Gray for years in Memphis and he is the real deal. Moving to IMG is probably going to be great for his development. He has already won two annual Mr. Football state awards and his team has two back-to-back state titles. Let's just keep recruiting him. VOL. :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
I have kept up with Eric Gray for years in Memphis and he is the real deal. Moving to IMG is probably going to be great for his development. He has already won two annual Mr. Football state awards and his team has two back-to-back state titles. Let's just keep recruiting him. VOL. :rock:

That’s my point. Him having a potential down year statistically wouldn’t be a reflection of his true skill set. We took Kingston Harris and that has kinda been meh’d.

That’s my point. Him having a potential down year statistically wouldn’t be a reflection of his true skill set. We took Kingston Harris and that has kinda been meh’d.

Yep. I bet we are gonna be singing Kingston's praises before long. I trust Pruitt and staff's eval on this guy.

The way I look at it is he gets to run behind a top notch o-line, play against top notch competition, and compete against a great rb roster. That could get the best out of him while also keeping fresh legs and staying healthy. Plus if we are able to get his commitment it could mean others follow.

just two weeks after announcing he was transferring to img academy in florida, lausanne class of 2019 football standout eric gray is staying put.

Lynx coach kevin locastro confirmed to the commercial appeal on thursday that the two-time mr. Football winner and 2017 gatorade state player of the year will still be wearing blue-and-gold this fall.

Gray's return will cement lausanne's position as the top team in division ii-aa heading into the season. The lynx have won a state-best 27 consecutive games and two straight state titles.

— ca

who/what is this commercial appeal that has started doing all of these interviews?

Guys, it's called a newspaper. The Commercial Appeal is a newspaper. It's actually made of folded pieces of paper and there are articles printed on the paper. People used to have them delivered to their houses back in the old days. This used to be one of the primary ways people got their news.

Guys, it's called a newspaper. The Commercial Appeal is a newspaper. It's actually made of folded pieces of paper and there are articles printed on the paper. People used to have them delivered to their houses back in the old days. This used to be one of the primary ways people got their news.

So... like... news a day late? ...😐...🤔

Yea yea! And then you have this inky sheen on your fingers after you get done! Ooh ooh, and when it gets wet in your driveway! What a gas!

Yeah but does yer dog bring you a Web page in the morning? Can you crumple yer Web page up to light the charcoal in yer grill chimney? And can you learn complex paper folding getting yer Web page into a more manageable size for reading.

Edit: I guess the last one you can just Google paper folding.

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back