'19 TN RB Eric Gray

This kid is the real deal. First game all year he’s been eligible (state championship) and he goes off.

Was fun to watch tonight. Vol lean too. Next staff will have yet another badass instate RB to recruit early

Is it a concern that he was eligible pretty much all year?

The Vols continue to dish out plenty of 2019 and 2020 offers to prospects across the county, but the staff has made sure to make several key guys in the state know they’re needed on Rocky Top. Trey Knox, Jackson Lampley, Bill Norton, Eric Gray and Woodi Washington are priorities for the new staff.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
Kids need to quit going to that place

Look at it from their perspective. They get college training, facilities, and nutrition while still in high school better preparing them for when they do get to College. I do think it’s bad for local towns and what high school football is all about but it’s really a great opportunity for the kids

Look at it from their perspective. They get college training, facilities, and nutrition while still in high school better preparing them for when they do get to College. I do think it’s bad for local towns and what high school football is all about but it’s really a great opportunity for the kids

I have toured IMG when I was doing some continuing education for sports physical therapy. The place is completely bonkers. Just insane facilities, strength and conditioning, coaching, nutrition.... the works. Something like 97% of there students get full scholarships to play some level college sports. The eat, sleep, and breath sports. Can’t blame him if he got the chance.

Reactions: 1 person
Don’t be surprised if he goes back to his old school after spring . Kids every year always leave IMG and go back to their old school .

I have toured IMG when I was doing some continuing education for sports physical therapy. The place is completely bonkers. Just insane facilities, strength and conditioning, coaching, nutrition.... the works. Something like 97% of there students get full scholarships to play some level college sports. The eat, sleep, and breath sports. Can’t blame him if he got the chance.

The place was initially meant to train pros. Golf and tennis were the big ones. It's no wonder why the filters are top notch

This isn’t about playing time. This is about him getting ready for the next level. Everyone knows he’s a great prospect and he will still be one when he signs with UT. His whole life will be on a planned schedule while he’s there from classes, to workouts, to practice. Kids there are getting college like coaching, strength & conditioning, and nutrition. I also think it’s a good thing he’ll probably only get 8-10 touches a game rather that the 20+ he’d be getting at his old high school. He’ll have less mileage on his legs when he gets to campus.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think going to IMG hurts us at all. He's already said Tennessee is one of his leaders, even before Pruitt was announced.

If he attends there, and we pursue him, we still have a good shot at landing him and build further in-roads at IMG.

I have to say... while I really like Grant and Banks, I'm looking forward to being in the running for legit 5 star "can't miss" type runners in the coming years.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back