'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

I mean it’s 2A TN HS football. That’s like middle school in Georgia and Florida.

We get it. There is zero talent in Tennessee across the board. You have said the same thing about 6A.
It’s amazing that there are no good college players from our state at any schools in the country. TSSAA sucks.

If Arch Manning commits to Bama, Peyton's statue must come down!
Arch Manning is Peyton's nephew, not his son. And in any case he, Arch, owes us nothing. Peyton doesn't control Arch's recruitment decisions any more than Cooper or Archie directed Peyton's college choice. Young Arch will, hopefully....rightly, make his own decision. And it very likely won't be to come to Knoxville. But either way, Arch is not "ours to lose" and Peyton is not responsible for his final choice.

But doesn’t he play 2A competition as well?

I don’t understand the 2A argument with Arch. Didn’t every Manning play at Newman? The kid has every tool he needs to succeed. The genetics, obviously the best QB minds that exist around him, and in the future a top flight college program.

I don’t understand the 2A argument with Arch. Didn’t every Manning play at Newman? The kid has every tool he needs to succeed. The genetics, obviously the best QB minds that exist around him, and in the future a top flight college program.
I could care less what level they play at rather it’s Ty Simpson or Arch Manning. Everyone wants to point out how Ty Simpson is 2A but no one has an issue with Arch playing at the 2A level. Also let me remind folks that Trey Smith came from a 1A school. Also the school that Ty Simpson is currently is also produced Chad Clifton and Justin Harrell which both played at UT and was successful I believe. Let’s not forget about Patrick Willis which played at a small 1A school. Just because you play in 1A don’t mean you can’t be successful and If you play in 7A don’t mean you will be successful.

I could care less what level they play at rather it’s Ty Simpson or Arch Manning. Everyone wants to point out how Ty Simpson is 2A but no one has an issue with Arch playing at the 2A level. Also let me remind folks that Trey Smith came from a 1A school. Also the school that Ty Simpson is currently is also produced Chad Clifton and Justin Harrell which both played at UT and was successful I believe. Let’s not forget about Patrick Willis which played at a small 1A school. Just because you play in 1A don’t mean you can’t be successful and If you play in 7A don’t mean you will be successful.

No. It doesn’t mean you can’t succeed. Obviously, talented kids end up at small schools. But playing against very weak competition definitely makes you more of an unknown. As for arch…scouts are really look at his size, arm strength, and mechanics. It’s a little easier to determine how that will project. It’s a bit different for Simpson because so much of his potential seems to revolve around his scrambling ability and athleticism. So that definitely does make Simpson more of an unknown as a recruit. Regardless, we’re splitt hairs here. As a qb the difference between no30 or no150 can be insignificant. Both give you enough attention to get on the field at a major university and that’s all the matters. Look how much better hooker is than JG. And obviously JG was ranked right around where Simpson in recruiting.

VN Store

Back