'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

No. It doesn’t mean you can’t succeed. Obviously, talented kids end up at small schools. But playing against very weak competition definitely makes you more of an unknown. As for arch…scouts are really look at his size, arm strength, and mechanics. It’s a little easier to determine how that will project. It’s a bit different for Simpson because so much of his potential seems to revolve around his scrambling ability and athleticism. So that definitely does make Simpson more of an unknown as a recruit. Regardless, we’re splitt hairs here. As a qb the difference between no30 or no150 can be insignificant. Both give you enough attention to get on the field at a major university and that’s all the matters. Look how much better hooker is than JG. And obviously JG was ranked right around where Simpson in recruiting.
I still don’t understand about JG how he was ranked so high. If I am not mistaken didnt JG get hurt his junior year and missed half the year. Also he only played a couple games his senior year also I believe due to injury also right? I think only complete season he had was his freshman and sophomore year.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I still don’t understand about JG how he was ranked so high. If I am not mistaken didnt JG get hurt his junior year and missed half the year. Also he only played a couple games his senior year also I believe due to injury also right? I think only complete season he had was his freshman and sophomore year.

The main reason JG was ranked so high was a combined of a few things. In JGs SR year they played and almost beat a LOADED and nationally ranked IMG led by Shea Patterson. JG had a good game against a team that had many great future D1 defenders. Another big thing was his coach and family touted his DT as a way to get him ranked higher. Now that doesn’t make sense especially when looking at his rushing stats in HS. But also look at his offer list. Bama, OSU, OU, AU, PSU, OM, LSU.

I could care less what level they play at rather it’s Ty Simpson or Arch Manning. Everyone wants to point out how Ty Simpson is 2A but no one has an issue with Arch playing at the 2A level. Also let me remind folks that Trey Smith came from a 1A school. Also the school that Ty Simpson is currently is also produced Chad Clifton and Justin Harrell which both played at UT and was successful I believe. Let’s not forget about Patrick Willis which played at a small 1A school. Just because you play in 1A don’t mean you can’t be successful and If you play in 7A don’t mean you will be successful.

2A TN HS is different than 2A LA football. While you are technically correct, you are kind of trying to use the exceptions to prove the rule. Yes there will always be guys that out play their ranking and their HS competition level in college. But is that the norm? Not really.

2A TN HS is different than 2A LA football. While you are technically correct, you are kind of trying to use the exceptions to prove the rule. Yes there will always be guys that out play their ranking and their HS competition level in college. But is that the norm? Not really.
Chad Clifton seem to work out pretty well coming from Westview.

Chad Clifton seem to work out pretty well coming from Westview.

Again exceptions will always exist. There is significant differences between HS competition in TN and places like LA, TX and UGA for example. Say there were 2 RBs you were recruiting. One plays in 2A in say Indiana. The other plays in 2A in Texas. Which one is likely going to be better?

Again exceptions will always exist. There is significant differences between HS competition in TN and places like LA, TX and UGA for example. Say there were 2 RBs you were recruiting. One plays in 2A in say Indiana. The other plays in 2A in Texas. Which one is likely going to be better?

Texas?

Unles it's one of the type players he's been mentioning. And those players exist every year.

The entire argument of "level of competition " is ridiculous when you're talking about an INDIVIDUAL.
Tell me how good Randy Moss's competition was at Rand WV....

They can only play who's on the schedule.

That's like saying 2 quarter backs. One plays at Alabama and the other plays at Purdue. Which is better?

A lot of quarterbacks in the nfl come from a wide range of programs. The players around you can make you look elite even against elite competition.

Scouts break down a lot more than who you play against I would think.

Texas?

Unles it's one of the type players he's been mentioning. And those players exist every year.

The entire argument of "level of competition " is ridiculous when you're talking about an INDIVIDUAL.

Using exceptions again. Randy Moss? My goodness. Even a blind person could see the talent in him. It’s like when you watch Clowney or Derrick Henry’s HS tape. Some guys are just it and you can CLEARLY tell. But again, those guys are the exceptions.

Level of HS competition matters.

That's like saying 2 quarter backs. One plays at Alabama and the other plays at Purdue. Which is better?

A lot of quarterbacks in the nfl come from a wide range of programs. The players around you can make you look elite even against elite competition.

Scouts break down a lot more than who you play against I would think.

Good points but we aren’t talking about the NFL. That’s apples to oranges. I agree that the players around you can make a huge difference. But the competition you play against in HS makes a big difference.

Scouts definitely break down a lot more. But I would be willing to bet they take into account the level of HS competition.

Good points but we aren’t talking about the NFL. That’s apples to oranges. I agree that the players around you can make a huge difference. But the competition you play against in HS makes a big difference.

Scouts definitely break down a lot more. But I would be willing to bet they take into account the level of HS competition.
I know. I was talking about college. Players in the nfl come from all types of schools. Big and small with varying degrees of competition.

Leading his team to at least a state championship appearance tonight. Could be one to watch down the stretch. *could be* Would not be shocked to see him get some attention next week
bruce-arians-arizona-cardinals.gif

Leading his team to at least a state championship appearance tonight. Could be one to watch down the stretch. *could be* Would not be shocked to see him get some attention next week

You do know he has a little attention right now? Right?

Everyone hates on Jackson's stats, but this kid went 9 of 19 for 78 yards last week in 2A Tennessee football. If it was up to me, I would not be willing to lose Jackson trying to pursue this kid, but I trust the staff, so I hope they can get whoever their top target is.

As I have said before, what has Simpson done to warrant his ranking?

Reactions: I40VOL
Will be pulling for Hampton to win next Saturday. Hampton has one of the best unknown players in 2a. Their QB is a really good football player and plays smart. He is really good on defense to. Westview will be heavy favorites. Simpson might not get the ball to many times. Hampton is big and physical. It will 4 yards a carry 8 minute drives.

Texas?

Exactly.
So tired of the "level of competition" debate. Yes. Teams in FL, GA, TX, and CA are better than other states because of more talent, but individual athletes are individual. Talent is talent. Wherever you live.

Exactly.
So tired of the "level of competition" debate. Yes. Teams in FL, GA, TX, and CA are better than other states because of more talent, but individual athletes are individual. Talent is talent. Wherever you live.

Right. Because the people you play against have zero bearing on how good or bad you look 🙄. I guess that’s why guys from VT, RI, TN, Maine, Minnesota, Connecticut and other places that have really weak HS competition, have so many top ranked players in every recruiting class.

Right. Because the people you play against have zero bearing on how good or bad you look 🙄. I guess that’s why guys from VT, RI, TN, Maine, Minnesota, Connecticut and other places that have really weak HS competition, have so many top ranked players in every recruiting class.
Regardless, the kids a very high level player even if not 5* quality. IF he plays at Bama everyone will say he sucks, it's only because of the athletes around him. wherever someone stands on their opinion they'll just form an argument that supports their opinion.

We all know how you feel about it.

you be you.

Reactions: VolzMan53

VN Store

Back