'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Pretty simple, don't click on thread. Never understood why people feel the need to come in and tell everyone how stupid we are for commenting in this thread while they are in said thread..

I posted this days ago because I thought there was news about Ty Simpson in the Ty Simpson thread.

There is still no Ty Simpson recruiting news in the Ty Simpson recruiting thread. And somehow, I’m the illogical one.

Reactions: vettefool
Using exceptions again. Randy Moss? My goodness. Even a blind person could see the talent in him. It’s like when you watch Clowney or Derrick Henry’s HS tape. Some guys are just it and you can CLEARLY tell. But again, those guys are the exceptions.

Level of HS competition matters.

Peyton Manning 2A
Randall Cobb 2A
Patrick Willis 1A
Derricky Henry 2A
Fred Taylor 2A
Deion Sanders 2A
Percy Harvin 3A
Michael Vick 3A
Ed Reed 3A
Justin Harrell 2A
Reggie White 2A
Chris Leak 6A...

What EXACTLY do you mean when you say "it matters"??

Again, we're talking about an INDIVIDUAL. Not a team.

It's not 1 dude vs 11 out there. It's a team vs another team. So WHEN and HOW does level of competition factor in?

Would Vick had run 4.1 had he played 5A ball???

You keep saying it matters. HOOOOOOOW???
HOOOOOW DOOOOOOES IT MATTEEEER???

Peyton Manning 2A
Randall Cobb 2A
Patrick Willis 1A
Derricky Henry 2A
Fred Taylor 2A
Deion Sanders 2A
Percy Harvin 3A
Michael Vick 3A
Ed Reed 3A
Justin Harrell 2A
Reggie White 2A
Chris Leak 6A...

It's not 1 dude vs 11 out there. It's a team vs another team. So WHEN and HOW does level of competition factor in?

No more caffiene today for you.

Peyton Manning 2A
Randall Cobb 2A
Patrick Willis 1A
Derricky Henry 2A
Fred Taylor 2A
Deion Sanders 2A
Percy Harvin 3A
Michael Vick 3A
Ed Reed 3A
Justin Harrell 2A
Reggie White 2A
Chris Leak 6A...

Confused about Chris Leak 6A. North Carolina doesn’t have 6a football in high school

Peyton Manning 2A
Randall Cobb 2A
Patrick Willis 1A
Derricky Henry 2A
Fred Taylor 2A
Deion Sanders 2A
Percy Harvin 3A
Michael Vick 3A
Ed Reed 3A
Justin Harrell 2A
Reggie White 2A
Chris Leak 6A...

If you don’t understand how it matters then I don’t know how to explain it to you. If you can’t see the difference in 2A football in TN and 2A in places like Georgia or Texas then believe whatever you want.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
Peyton Manning 2A
Randall Cobb 2A
Patrick Willis 1A
Derricky Henry 2A
Fred Taylor 2A
Deion Sanders 2A
Percy Harvin 3A
Michael Vick 3A
Ed Reed 3A
Justin Harrell 2A
Reggie White 2A
Chris Leak 6A...

100%

Some people (we know who) just like to act like they know everything.

If you don’t understand how it matters then I don’t know how to explain it to you. If you can’t see the difference in 2A football in TN and 2A in places like Georgia or Texas then believe whatever you want.
2a ball in North Carolina is really good. Shelby and Reidsville are always really good. Most 2a schools in TN would be 1a in other states.

Peyton Manning 2A
Randall Cobb 2A
Patrick Willis 1A
Derricky Henry 2A
Fred Taylor 2A
Deion Sanders 2A
Percy Harvin 3A
Michael Vick 3A
Ed Reed 3A
Justin Harrell 2A
Reggie White 2A
Chris Leak 6A...

The problem with this is that there wasn't as many classifications when most of these players were in high school. For example, TN high school football only went to 3A. Things were much more competitive back then.

I'll take a Ty Simpson from 2A Georgia High School football over a Ty Simpson from 2A Tennessee High School football. If I'm looking at two prospects (one from TN, one from GA) at the same position, same skill set, same speed and athleticism, etc...im taking the prospect from GA.

Anyone who is saying competition doesn't matter doesn't know what they're talking about. That's what the saying, Iron Sharpens Iron, is all about. One of the things that makes Bama so dominant on gameday, is the competition they face in practice all week.

Now, is that saying an INDIVIDUAL who plays in lower classes in TN can't be successful in a place like the SEC? Absolutely not.

I just believe playing HS ball in a place like GA or TX prepares a kid better for big time college ball. The coaches and programs in those places are better, the strength and conditioning programs, the preparation, the size of the games, the stadiums and atmospheres...the COMPETITION.

Again, are there exceptions? Of course!! Trey Smith could have played anywhere, no matter what level of HS ball he played, or where it was played. However, if I had a choice between TN Trey Smith, or a Trey Smith coming out of GA or FL...im taking the Trey Smith from GA or FL. Does that mean I'm choosing right 100 percent of the time? Of course not...but, I bet I hit way more times than I miss.

Edit: I stand by what I've said up top; however, I must admit and own it...I once stated I'd take a 3* Warren Burrell over a 4* Woody Washington (also, factoring into this decision was the thinking Pruitt knew defense and DBs)...I have absolutely no idea what Washington has done at OU; but, if he's dynamite at stirring Gatorade or leading cheers, he's doing more than Burrell.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
This. 2A Football in Georgia is like 6A Football in Tennessee.

Butch Jones was a good coach at the G5 level, at least when he followed Brian Kelly. Urban Meyer was a good coach at the G5 level too. One translated to P5, one didn't. Neither was proven at the P5 level. I'm 99% sure that Saban would win anywhere, because he's proven it at more than one school. Simpson hasn't proven it, but may well succeed. Like most, I'd prefer our guy to have proven it at a higher level of play, but also like most, I value Heup's opinion over my own.

So can't explain.

That's all you had to say.

This. 2A Football in Georgia is like 6A Football in Tennessee.
No.
No.

It's very simple the error in his thinking.

We're gauging an INDIVIDUAL'S talent based off who he's playing against.
1) Who's he playing with in HS?
2) Is their ANY level of high school football better than the P5 College level?

I never said 2A in TN is the same as 3A in Iowa or 0A in Texas....lol.
That's NOT the point.

EXAMPLE:
Harrison Bailey!!!
"oh he played against the best competition in Georgia "...🙄.
Yes he did, and had HS All-Americans around him.

In other words you can't really rely on level of competition as an argument when you're already superior than everyone else...

No.
No.

It's very simple the error in his thinking.

We're gauging an INDIVIDUAL'S talent based off who he's playing against.
1) Who's he playing with in HS?
2) Is their ANY level of high school football better than the P5 College level?

I never said 2A in TN is the same as 3A in Iowa or 0A in Texas....lol.
That's NOT the point.

EXAMPLE:
Harrison Bailey!!!
"oh he played against the best competition in Georgia "...🙄.
Yes he did, and had HS All-Americans around him.

In other words you can't really rely on level of competition as an argument when you're already superior than everyone else...
You can tell me no no no all you want to but a prime example of this is a 1A South Pittsburgh team who played a 2A Team from Georgia and got handled by the same score they did by a 6A Team (Oakland - from Tennessee) but please give me your assessment….

the same South Pittsburgh team has beat the crap out of everyone else they have played. Except those two teams.

Last edited:
So can't explain.

That's all you had to say.

Here ya go. Common sense. That should be enough. But you do you. HS competition doesn’t matter. A QB that plays in 1 or 2A in Vermont is no different than one who plays in 1 or 2A in Georgia. Absolutely no difference between those states HS football programs.

Someone posted this at the semi final game Friday so if he isn’t in he’s an excellent poker player (Repping Bama)

Attachments

• DE7D1020-2B65-4CCA-AA86-E10AB3CC9C8E.jpeg
    DE7D1020-2B65-4CCA-AA86-E10AB3CC9C8E.jpeg
    916.2 KB · Views: 120
You can tell me no no no all you want to but a prime example of this is a 1A South Pittsburgh team who played a 2A Team from Georgia and got handled by the same score they did by a 6A Team (Maryville - from Tennessee) but please give me your assessment….

the same South Pittsburgh team has beat the crap out of everyone else they have played. Except those two teams.
South Pittsburgh did not play Maryville.

Oakland 49 SPHS 10. 39 point differential

Dade Co GA 26 SPHS 21 5 point differential

That is FAR from the same score.

That Dade Co team is a middle tear GA 2A team. They went 7 - 4 in Georgia. The point is Georgia 2A Football is superior to Tennessee 2A Football probably even on par with some 4A and up Teams.

This all to say that Ty Simpson doesn’t have the same experience as a 6A QB from Indiana. Not even on the same par as far as opponents go.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back