'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Yes but... bear with me here...

If Simpson flips, that means he wants to be a Vol.

If Jackson bails because Simpson flips, that means he doesn't want to be a Vol anymore.

If Simpson flips and Jackson stays, that means they both want to be Vols and they're willing to duke it out for dibs.
...yes...but...RIGHT NOW..Tayven wants to be a Vol and Simpson basically said "piss on Tennessee" imo...so...Tayven is infinitely better...😁

So this whole Simpson flipping. Where is this coming from? Safe to assume it’s one of those my dads brothers sons best friend heard somebody mention it? Ir is there legitimate smoke?

All the debate in this thread about level of competition in HS. Isn’t it common practice for coaches to get potential recruits to camp with them where they can watch them in person against other potential recruits? Wouldn’t that give them an educated evaluation of a players potential, receptivity to coaching, and other factors? Maybe I’m missing something, but the argument of plays poor competition would seem to be insignificant if they can get the recruit to camp with them.

The highest division in UGA HS. And Bailey finished his career as one of UGA HS all time best passers. Are you serious??
I think that's the point he's making. Bailey played the best competition and played at a high level and did not pan out for us (still could have a great career elsewhere).

Ty might be playing the lowest competition now, but that doesn't mean he can't have an incredible college or pro career.

It's kinda the whole Peyton and Ryan Leaf thing. It comes down to what's between the ears and the drive. Ty has the physical potential. Playing 1A doesn't change that.

He wouldn't play a down here. Have people actually watched him play against lower class TN teams? You can always go look at the idiot AL fans that
post youtube highlights of a 5 star committment throwing 5 yard outs versus pee wee flag football defenders.
I’ve saw him play for 4 years in high school...bad bad competition

He wouldn't play a down here. Have people actually watched him play against lower class TN teams? You can always go look at the idiot AL fans that
post youtube highlights of a 5 star committment throwing 5 yard outs versus pee wee flag football defenders.

Someone needs to post his "highlights" against Covington in 2019 and 2020 on the Bama boards. The games where Westview lost 101-7 to the 3rd place team in their district.

I’m not big on Simpson, but the Mannings play/played in 2A in Louisiana. (5 classes)

Albeit much better competition than Tennessee.....fwiw

Im more or less just complaining. There was no validity to it. Lol

This will sound like whining, but whatever, don’t care. Heupel botched the QB battle to start the season, because he thought Milton was otherworldly. Came here day 1 and was already announced the starter…basically.

So, I can’t help but think that if Ty ends up here, Heupel will do the same thing with Ty as he did with Milton. “He has the size, skills, etc.” and Jackson will get the short end of it even though he is the one that wants to be a Vol and was here from the start.

At the end of the day, if Heupel wants him, fine.
There’s a reason I’m on a message board and not coaching.
Bad take Milton earned the start in practice that’s all you can go on before the season starts… Milton was going to the right places just missed the deep ball in game that he hit in practice… he runs the offense efficiently and hit the short game with good accuracy… he don’t like to get hit and misses in games and heuple made the switch as he should… by no means did he botch Qb or just give anyone the job hence hooker starting after proving to be better in actual games and have a toughness that you can’t see in practice with QBs in a red jersey… I too like tayven over Ty but this staff is setting the culture of playing time truly being earned… if he comes may the best man win.

VN Store

Back