'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Selective memory… they have what? Three nfl starters now? 4?? You all are bending the truth big time to fit your narrative
I didn’t get that as the point of his post. Barnett was selected (at least initially) over one of your referenced starters. And that one started over the one in Miami who’s now struggling and he started over the lowest ranked one who set the records and might end up the best. Saban has got some wrong before he got em right. It’s how you end up. Like Heupel with Milton and Hooker.

Interesting quotation from AP on the pod.

"The tide has turned."

I think he's speaking of general recruiting sentiment. He's right.

But he's also right if you are reading more into it.

By all means provide the context that shows any positive momentum with Simpson and the Vols.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
Because Ty is nowhere close to the athlete or QB that Tayven is. That is why. If you compare any footage you would know that.
Would seem to go against...collegiate offers...scout evals/rankings...elite 11 performances, etc, no? Just sayin. Unless we are better evaluators than college staffs, that's a tough one to believe, no matter the chance he obviously has at becoming the better QB in the end.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Selective memory… they have what? Three nfl starters now? 4?? You all are bending the truth big time to fit your narrative
2? Tua and Mac, right? Both very yound and may not may even be around in 5 years.

But is it really "evaluation" when you're certain to land a set of 5/4*s every year at QB? Seems like good odds as much as anything. They also look really good due to the absurd talent around them, therefore get drafted high. Who's the last Bama QB to last 10 years...make a pro bowl, or something like that?

Interesting quotation from AP on the pod.

"The tide has turned."

I think he's speaking of general recruiting sentiment. He's right.

But he's also right if you are reading more into it.
Is Austin Price AV? Good grief, could he be anymore vague?

I didn’t get that as the point of his post. Barnett was selected (at least initially) over one of your referenced starters. And that one started over the one in Miami who’s now struggling and he started over the lowest ranked one who set the records and might end up the best. Saban has got some wrong before he got em right. It’s how you end up. Like Heupel with Milton and Hooker.
I’m not arguing with anyone that says alabama doesn’t know how to recruit.. I can’t talk brain cells into anybody’s head

I’m not arguing with anyone that says alabama doesn’t know how to recruit.. I can’t talk brain cells into anybody’s head

Who said Bama doesn't know how to recruit? Several of us have said their track records with QBs is not as good as with other positions, but given that Saban is a defensive guy, and rarely keeps an offensive guy for any length of time, that shouldn't surprise anyone. He gets the highest ranked guys he can. Odds are at least one will work out. Doesn't make him a QB guru.

Is Austin Price AV? Good grief, could he be anymore vague?

To defend AP a little here, that's really taken out of context and wasn't even a response to a question about Ty Simpson. He was asked about the overall sentiment for the Vols on the recruiting trail and said the tide has turned and then went on to talk about how they're getting positive momentum because they're able to show what they can actually do on the field at Tennessee and not just talk about plans and previous stops.

The "Tide has turned" statement wasn't even about Ty Simpson.

VN Store

Back