'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Selective memory… they have what? Three nfl starters now? 4?? You all are bending the truth big time to fit your narrative

There is no narrative. Think about what you just said. Saban has been at Bama since 2007. And he has produced how many starting QBs in the NFL? Maybe 3? Tua is iffy. Hurts and Jones. That’s over a 15 year span.

Just because Saban or Dabo wants abQB, doesn’t always mean they are studs.

Reactions: onevol74
Selective memory… they have what? Three nfl starters now? 4?? You all are bending the truth big time to fit your narrative

I disagree. When you start with all high 4 and 5 stars, the expectation is excellence. The record of failed Bama QBs is long enough that it's clear that Saban is average at recruiting them, particularly given that he has his pick of the best. You wanna impress me? Find the hidden gems. That takes far more skill than what Saban does.

David Cornwell and Blake Barnett ring a bell? Saban is th GOAT. But he isn’t infallible in his evaluations.

That was before their current run of success and new system. The game changed whether Saban wants to admit it or not when he brought in Kiffin. Kiffin opened Saban up to accepting a new way of playing offense in today’s game and it has led to last 4 QBs being Hurts/Tua/Max/Young. Once you hit on one recruits take notice and more willing to jump on. Once you hit on 2 in a row under multiple Ocs then they line up at your door and your practically set for years to come with you pick of QBs. It was Clemson with Boyd, Watson and Lawrence now it’s Bama and Oklahoma that QBs hurry to. Difference now is Saban keeps bringing in nfl or elite college level offensive minds while Dabo cocky azz thought he was a genius and could just keep it in the family because he can do it himselfmor
So he thought

Interesting quotation from AP on the pod.

"The tide has turned."

I think he's speaking of general recruiting sentiment. He's right.

But he's also right if you are reading more into it.
he was talking about the SC flood tide that ended this past week.

Seems like the Dolphins and the Eagles both have their doubts on Tua and Hurts, respectively, and have tried to upgrade. Still uncertain how Mac will work out in NE. Just pointing this out because it's a bit misleading to say they produce NFL starters at the QB position. A lot of bad QBs have had starts in the NFL.

I have no idea how good or bad Simpson will be. As long as he's committed to the enemy, I don't care. But Bama QBs don't really have to put the team on their shoulders and will them to victory. They don't have to overcome the shortcomings of the rest of the team because they rarely have shortcomings. It's easier to succeed when you're surrounded by high level talent. And let's be honest, Bama enjoys a talent gap over most of their opponents that is not seen at the NFL level where there is much more parity.

Interesting quotation from AP on the pod.

"The tide has turned."

I think he's speaking of general recruiting sentiment. He's right.

But he's also right if you are reading more into it.

AP is too vague here. One can read anything into that. Did he elaborate any?

VN Store

Back