'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

we all know in our hearts its Bama. Hope i'm wrong. such a silly decision. could come here and be a legend.
Yeah man. It’s really hard to understand. Be a cog in the machine at Bama or legend status here to help turn around the program. Get to the league either way. As a TN fan growing up the opportunity to have your name carved out in lore would be to much for me to pass up.

If this were true that should rule out AL which gets at least 1 high 4 or a 5 star every year. Would think the same for Clemson. We have done that the last 2 years. So there should be competition at all the schools. What is going to sway him? Being in the playoffs when he may not be starting? Playing for the team he is a fan of? About to find out.
I remember seeing that mentioned on here. If that were true, I would find it hard to believe that Bama and Clemson would be in his final 3.
I agree that he is facing direct competition at any of his finalists. I believe the idea was more that he didn’t want to face competition within his own class. In other words, he isn’t really open to signing with a school intent on signing 2 QBs in the ‘22 class.

Again, this isn’t my theory or personal speculation. It was just something mentioned roughly a year ago (~8-10 months, maybe).

Reactions: SweetasSoda
What Hank South posted re: his CB to Bama:

This is more of a calculated guess at this point in time. I don't think Simpson is telling many people, if any, where he's going to announce for on Friday. But it appears to me there's enough positive buzz talking to some around the UA side that it warrants a Tide prediction. I'm not at all discounting Clemson or even Tennessee as the potential landing spots, but I'm making my pick formal for Alabama ahead of Friday.

What Hank South posted re: his CB to Bama:

This is more of a calculated guess at this point in time. I don't think Simpson is telling many people, if any, where he's going to announce for on Friday. But it appears to me there's enough positive buzz talking to some around the UA side that it warrants a Tide prediction. I'm not at all discounting Clemson or even Tennessee as the potential landing spots, but I'm making my pick formal for Alabama ahead of Friday.
In other words....Clemson is not confident, and it can't be Tennessee so everyone at AL thinks it's them.

VN Store

Back