'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

This is the first domino to fall. In state recruits will follow Ty. I think CJH can get 8 wins with a quality defensive staff and exciting brand of football in 2021, then this could be a really nice first class. If we only give ourselves a 1 year or 2 year bowl ban, then Ty and company could out the other side of sanctions ready to complete for the East.

On the positive side, two major concerns for Ty when it came to Tennessee were the offense and the job security of the head coach. Those should be gone. The offense should be infinitely more attractive and Heupel is almost a lock to be here for five or more years. In that same sense, everyone knows O'Brien is only at Alabama until he gets a decent head coaching job offered to him...which is highly likely within the next two to three years. Clemson should be the main concern again, but Elliot is getting offers every year and it's reasonable to see him leave in the next two years. I know he had a great relationship with Pruitt, but he's loved UT since well before Pruitt came along. I think there's enough reason to be optimistic that he's a Vol.

If Ty were to commit, it may open the floodgates for the in state guys.

But, Clemson does make a lot of sense with their offense, coaching stability, and easy road to the playoff. It doesn't hurt they are about to have the #1 NFL draft pick either.

I can't blame Ty if he does go there. The only reasons he would come to UT is love for the program and a belief that he can lead it back toward relevance.

Sam Horn, MJ Morris, or Tevin Carter may be targets if no Simpson.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
I think we still have an outside shot of landing him long term if our offense shows any sort of electricity in 2021. It’s not surprising he is choosing Clemson though, it’s hard to compete with what they can offer, which is AT LEAST 1 national title game in your career.

I think we still have an outside shot of landing him long term if our offense shows any sort of electricity in 2021. It’s not surprising he is choosing Clemson though, it’s hard to compete with what they can offer, which is AT LEAST 1 national title game in your career.
Nah once he commits (regardless of school) it’s over.

Reactions: AppStVol
I actually think he commits here. I think he wanted to all along, and now it’s a pass heavy offense that can be built around him. If not us, it’s Clemson, but they didn’t think they were leading

I actually think he commits here. I think he wanted to all along, and now it’s a pass heavy offense that can be built around him. If not us, it’s Clemson, but they didn’t think they were leading
This one has been Bama for a long time. Bet AP confirms it this week.

Edit: It's Clemson.

So if Ty doesn’t come to UT he’d basically be saying he’d rather play in a Jermy Pruitt ran offense rather than a Josh Heupel ran offense lol.

Pruitt handed out expenses to these recruits.

He was a terrible coach who couldn’t develop players he had.

VN Store

Back