'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

It's been said before, but I really don't get how you can be signed, sealed, and delivered to come play Buck Belue or Pat Washington in the Pruitt offense, and then back out when we hire the guy whose run one of the most productive and QB-friendly offenses in college football the last three years.

Because recruiting isn't really about the school anymore, but about relationships. Sure, there are some students who pick the school first, but I would argue the lion's share of recruits now prioritize their relationship with the coach/assistants over the school logo.

Bc Pruitt had time to build trust with this kid (regardless of whether or not anyone here thinks a QB should trust Pruitt). Heupel has been talking to him for less than a month.
Because recruiting isn't really about the school anymore, but about relationships. Sure, there are some students who pick the school first, but I would argue the lion's share of recruits now prioritize their relationship with the coach/assistants over the school logo.
Yeah, I get the whole relationships thing, but even if someone you completely trust is selling you an objectively terrible product, why would you buy it? If my Dad was telling me "son, I think the Ford Pinto is really the car for you," I'd figure out a diplomatic way to go in another direction. That tells me the school really does have a lot of pull for Ty, and if you look at the product that Heupel has put on the field, if you add that to the school, it should just make it more attractive. I guess my point is more about why he was ever a done deal with Pruitt more so than why isn't he more hyped on Heupel.

Also, I'm not really sure why any of these players put much trust in to the coaches that are recruiting them these days. It's such a mercenary, nomadic, business that you probably have a better than 50% chance for any given recruit that either their head coach, position coach, or both won't be there all four years. Statistics have also shown that about half of all blue-chip QB's are going to transfer during their college career. I completely get that recruiting is all about relationships, but from an outsider's perspective, I don't think it should be.

But IDK, I've never been in this position.

It's been said before, but I really don't get how you can be signed, sealed, and delivered to come play Buck Belue or Pat Washington in the Pruitt offense, and then back out when we hire the guy whose run one of the most productive and QB-friendly offenses in college football the last three years.

Exactly what I was thinking. I suppose he just may not know them on a personal level as well. From what I'm hearing, Hipull is very much a players coach, like Pruitt (except he's not stupid like Pruitt).

The way the transfer rules are leaning these days, is there any chance he feels like he could go ahead and commit to us because he does want to come here, see which way the wind is blowing and then still leave the door open for a transfer to Clemson? I feel like that‘s the age we’ve entered into now.

Reactions: ArdentVol
He could have hired his Dad for an on-field coaching position. The NCAA rules allow that.
My understanding is his dad is more than happy to be the head coach at UT Martin. I really think he is ours but only he knows and probably still does not as of today!

Can never have too many, but I hope you're correct.
The speculation a year ago was that Simpson was “scared” of competition (not my words). That was loosely supported by Simpson’s comments when Tennessee was pursuing JT Daniels. The belief has always been that he wasn’t signing with a team pursuing 2 QBs in the same class. I don’t believe he’s looking for anything to be handed to him, necessarily, but I do think he is cognizant of depth charts and current ‘22 commitments.

The speculation a year ago was that Simpson was “scared” of competition (not my words). That was loosely supported by Simpson’s comments when Tennessee was pursuing JT Daniels. The belief has always been that he wasn’t signing with a team pursuing 2 QBs in the same class. I don’t believe he’s looking for anything to be handed to him, necessarily, but I do think he is cognizant of depth charts and current ‘22 commitments.
Really no need with the transfer rules.

I remember seeing that mentioned on here. If that were true, I would find it hard to believe that Bama and Clemson would be in his final 3.

Reactions: Kristy*
If this were true that should rule out AL which gets at least 1 high 4 or a 5 star every year. Would think the same for Clemson. We have done that the last 2 years. So there should be competition at all the schools. What is going to sway him? Being in the playoffs when he may not be starting? Playing for the team he is a fan of? About to find out.

As a parent, if my child ever uttered the words to me 'It's Bama'. I'm not sure how I could recover. There are so many great schools, and on one hand you want to be proud. It canr be the color, its uglier than sin?! It isnt academics, mouthbreathing happens there.

I would be happy to see my kid happy....but my heart would literally break to see that crimsin. No to mention, my wife's side are all Auburn grads.

My son told me he would never go to Bama. Unless it was to

play against them and to beat the crap out of them.

Welcome to U of Memphis, Cincinnati, Austin Peay, OR UTMartin. Don't want anyone "afraid"....but smart if you want to play immediately.

I'd love him to go to Austin Peay.................never will, but a dream!:oops:

Reactions: CedarHillVol

VN Store

Back