'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

It would be huge to pull this off as it would stun both Bama and Clemson fans and Mods that say we have no shot. Price has a really good relationship so if it wasn’t legit he wouldn’t bring it up to give people hope knowing it could affect backlash.

I hope he comes here. We seem to never have a big time instate QB talent and to watch one leave would be tough to see. Especially when they really are the ideal QB for JH’s system. He really looks tailor made for this offense similar to Mackenzie Milton
he's the highest rated QB prospect ever in the state of TN, if i'm not mistaken. so yeah, to see him leave the state, especially for Bama, would be.......hard to take. if he goes to Clemson, eh, i mean, it sucks, but i could understand it...i mean i could understand bama too, but i really, really, really don't like it, and knowing that he's grown up a TN fan, knows how that would look on both sides of that equation...that would suuuuuck.

hopefully if he does come here, that does get some of the other in state kids to pay a little closer attention...but i honestly don't know what kind of relationships he has built with a lot of those guys, and just how much influence that would be?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
he's the highest rated QB prospect ever in the state of TN, if i'm not mistaken. so yeah, to see him leave the state, especially for Bama, would be.......hard to take. if he goes to Clemson, eh, i mean, it sucks, but i could understand it...i mean i could understand bama too, but i really, really, really don't like it, and knowing that he's grown up a TN fan, knows how that would look on both sides of that equation...that would suuuuuck.

hopefully if he does come here, that does get some of the other in state kids to pay a little closer attention...but i honestly don't know what kind of relationships he has built with a lot of those guys, and just how much influence that would be?

VQ has always said TY and Dallan are the two needle movers for the instate group. So they must be in tight. Ty committing to Tn would definitely put people on notice since we were left for dead. I’m still not getting hopes up and will assume he goes elsewhere and hope for best

In regards to 2022 recruits, who has this staff made up the most ground with?

Hubbs

Gandalf-gandalf-42765131-300-209.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
AP said in the Blue Water Climate Control podcast that UT was dead in the water with Ty 2 weeks ago but now are very much in it and have a legitimate shot at landing Ty. Said Ty pushing back his commitment helps UT. Said Ty and JH talk daily.
Pushing back his commitment a week allows for 6-7 more phone conversations to take place. A lot can happen and hope is still there.

Simpson isn’t coming here and he has tried his best to make that clear. It’s fine. There are other QBs but no need to get ourselves worked up.

Really need to land Hayden now if we want to be successful in-state in 2022.
How has he made that clear?
All I keep hearing is him praising Heupel. They've talked like 30 times.

Thought everybody here wanted Horn bc their elite talent evaluation skills tell them he’s better?

I think Horn is every bit the player Simpson is but Simpson has the ties to the in-state class. Otherwise, I think it's pretty much a push between the two. I wouldn't be upset at all if Horn was the 2022 QB.

Lawrence was a Vol fan growing up
If parents are from East Tenn
He attended Jones camp as a soph
Was supposedly told that by Jones associate HC.

One thing is true. After committing Guarantano, Jones basically scrapped QB recruiting until he was fired after JG redshirt freshman season. That was at least 2 recruiting classes. I don’t think Jones wanted to bring in someone who could beat JG out. Thus why Pruitt had to sign the Stanford grad and Shrout at last minute.
JG was unbeatable in Practice.
Travis Clarence would have picking splinters out of his butt!

VN Store

Back