'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

just seems like Saban wouldn't have to do that for a recruit. he's got fired NFL coaches taking analyst positions. he's not gonna give a kid's dad an on the field staff job to secure him. Ty's good, but he ain't that good. Tennessee, on the other hand, is that desperate.
Exactly, and t qpyld have to be an on-field position, too. I'm not sure Simpson is such a can't-miss prospect that Bama is desperate enough to land for them to make that move.

I just don’t understand this fascination with Ty. He plays 3A football in west TN, aka “a big frog in a small pond.” He has a good arm, he is a good athlete, and his receivers will be much better at the next level, BUT THE 11 GUYS ON DEFENSE AT THE NEXT LEVEL WILL BE BIGGER, QUICKER, AND FASTER THAN ANYTHING HE HAS SEEN. Because he is a good athlete and DLs and LBs are 3As, he tends to run sooner than he really needs too.

Where ever he goes, I hope he has a good college experience.

He is an instate guy. That’s about it. Look at the film between him and Horn. Horn looks better against much tougher competition.

That second paragraph is disgruntled Vol fan fiction. Was never told that by Butch. Didn’t buy what Butch was vibing otherwise...which is just as bad.

Lawrence was a Vol fan growing up
If parents are from East Tenn
He attended Jones camp as a soph
Was supposedly told that by Jones associate HC.

One thing is true. After committing Guarantano, Jones basically scrapped QB recruiting until he was fired after JG redshirt freshman season. That was at least 2 recruiting classes. I don’t think Jones wanted to bring in someone who could beat JG out. Thus why Pruitt had to sign the Stanford grad and Shrout at last minute.

Lawrence was a Vol fan growing up
If parents are from East Tenn
He attended Jones camp as a soph
Was supposedly told that by Jones associate HC.

One thing is true. After committing Guarantano, Jones basically scrapped QB recruiting until he was fired after JG redshirt freshman season. That was at least 2 recruiting classes. I don’t think Jones wanted to bring in someone who could beat JG out. Thus why Pruitt had to sign the Stanford grad and Shrout at last minute.
What could have been: Several of Clemson’s star players discuss their interest in Tennessee before signing with Tigers

It’s been well documented that Trevor Lawrence liked Tennessee early on during his college recruitment and he too discussed the Volunteers on Saturday during his latest CFP media availability.

“I was a Tennessee fan. My mom’s family is from Tennessee. So growing up that’s the only thing I really knew was Tennessee football,” Lawrence said. “Watch them all the time. I think when I got middle school or high school kind of started just I guess when I got offers and stuff I kind of quit being a fan.”

Similar to Etienne’s comment, Lawrence noted that once he started visiting Butch Jones’ Tennessee program during his recruitment, his interest in the Volunteer program began to wane.

“I think you go different places and as a fan, you don’t really see certain things. But when you’re a recruit and you’re picking where you want to go, it’s going to be your life for the next four years, you want to go somewhere where you just vibe with the people and you feel like it’s home and I went to Clemson a lot,” Lawrence continued. “Went to Tennessee a couple times. Just really felt like Clemson was home. It was about the people. Didn’t really matter that I was a fan growing up. It comes down to where you feel the best at.”

Reactions: Volfan1000
Rivals.com - Top 100 QB Ty Simpson previews upcoming decision

This was an interesting comment: ""I just have to decide if I want to a program and be a guy or go to a program and be the guy. That is what it will come down to in my heart. "
Could also mean the guy that wins championships, or another guy that played at Tennessee that didn't do squat lol.

Definitely different spectrums could be made from a remark like that.

Has to like the potential of this offense though

Reactions: volfaninpa
WOW. I also love that Ty and his family know that playing up TN won't work out well we have no shot. If JH can somehow pull this one out, we all need to shut up and just cheer for him.
Yup. He said JH has done a good job of connecting with him and his family on a regular basis.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
It would be huge to pull this off as it would stun both Bama and Clemson fans and Mods that say we have no shot. Price has a really good relationship so if it wasn’t legit he wouldn’t bring it up to give people hope knowing it could affect backlash.

I hope he comes here. We seem to never have a big time instate QB talent and to watch one leave would be tough to see. Especially when they really are the ideal QB for JH’s system. He really looks tailor made for this offense similar to Mackenzie Milton

It would be huge to pull this off as it would stun both Bama and Clemson fans and Mods that say we have no shot. Price has a really good relationship so if it wasn’t legit he wouldn’t bring it up to give people hope knowing it could affect backlash.

I hope he comes here. We seem to never have a big time instate QB talent and to watch one leave would be tough to see. Especially when they really are the ideal QB for JH’s system. He really looks tailed made for this offense similar to Mackenzie Milton
Yeah, AP said Ty likes the idea of being the guy that brings TN back.

VN Store

Back