'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

If your heart is sold on UT, and you're a QB, how can changing from Pruitt's offense to Heupel's offense be negative?

It's more than that for smart recruits--program stability, win/loss record, NFL draftees, and overall recruiting over the last few likely play a role in his decision. Clemson is light years ahead of us in every category. Add in the unknown of potential NCAA penalties for UT in the near future, and it's not a stretch to see him pick Clemson, if that's his choice. I'm still holding out hope it's UT, though.

It's more than that for smart recruits--program stability, win/loss record, NFL draftees, and overall recruiting over the last few likely play a role in his decision. Clemson is light years ahead of us in every category. Add in the unknown of potential NCAA penalties for UT in the near future, and it's not a stretch to see him pick Clemson, if that's his choice. I'm still holding out hope it's UT, though.

Nope, I get that. Just saying if Tennessee is in his heart (and by all accounts he was all Vol for Pruitt) how does that change from a 3-7 no offense regime to a high flying offensive potential?

Nope, I get that. Just saying if Tennessee is in his heart (and by all accounts he was all Vol for Pruitt) how does that change from a 3-7 no offense regime to a high flying offensive potential?

He was all Vol in the accounts of posters on a message board. If our situation was different and steady then maybe he’d be all Vol. But he has been very much not all Vol considering people have thought he’d go to Bama or Clemson the entire time

Reactions: LA Vol
People have been awfully negative since this post. I prefer listening to Matt when it comes to recruiting. I’m sure we are in a decent spot. Even Ty’s dad last week on the radio said “I don’t think Ty knows where he’s going yet.”
Easy solution to getting Ty Simpson wearing orange. Hire Ty’s Dad assistant coach and he’s ours. This isn’t rocket science

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Her CB was in October
I understand this reasoning, but in the other hand, since October we’ve

Lost every game except Vanderbilt
Fired every church he had a relationship with
Admitted huge recurring violations that will bring sanctions

i wouldn’t say we’ve tended up 😂

The Crimson Tide has long been after the Martin (Tenn.) Westview product. Westview head coach Jarod Neal shed light into what makes the Top100 signal caller special.

“The three things that I tell people is obviously he’s got the athleticism, the arm strength and then his football knowledge is very high for a high school guy … for somebody that hasn’t been in college yet to be able to learn the different intricacies of football,” Neal told BamaOnLine. “So him having that IQ, a really, really strong arm, and good athleticism, those three things in combination are what makes him highly sought after.”

Neal played for Simpson’s father, Jason, at UT-Martin. Neal believes having a college head coach at home has helped Simpson develop faster.

“That definitely helps with the knowledge of the game,” Neal said. “Having somebody at home that is a college football coach that knows a lot about the game and has been around the game a long time. They can have different conversations than another quarterback and his dad would be able to have. They can go in much greater detail and more in-depth of the game and be able to learn and kind of accelerate some learning there.”

-Hank South

Honestly, I just don’t think this offense translates well to the NFL... if I were him I wouldn’t come here on that alone.
I dont think its about that at all. His Dad is a coach, and he's super polished. I think it (the decision) is head vs heart. It's obvious from listening to AP who I think is close here, he is torn. But, ultimately it comes down to brain..wanting to win.

Drew Lock may disagree. His offense made him a household name.
Yea he was quoted as saying he had “a big learning curve” to NFL offenses. It’s just a fact. This offense isn’t NFL friendly. No under center, no understanding full field reads. That’s my big concern for this offense. Basically every quarterback that has been in this system has struggled in the NFL. Every single one.

Yea he was quoted as saying he had “a big learning curve” to NFL offenses. It’s just a fact. This offense isn’t NFL friendly. No under center, no understanding full field reads. That’s my big concern for this offense. Basically every quarterback that has been in this system has struggled in the NFL. Every single one.

I want the most successful coach for the college game. We can worry about the NFL later.

VN Store

Back