'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

How has he tried his best to make that clear? Why wouldn’t he just eliminate us? Also instate success is irrelevant.

That AP quote for starters. But in general there has been zero buzz lately. He isn’t pulling some smokescreen. We’re not getting him. Horn is a perfectly acceptable Plan B.

And no you’re wrong. This is an historic in-state class. It is absolutely crucial to getting a jump start on the rebuild.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Youre a keyboard badass, aren’t you? Boyd was committed to Tennessee under Fulmer and stayed loyal until Kiffin told him AND the record setting QB that went to Baylor to move on. Dabo wouldn’t have had Boyd most likely if Kiffin hadn’t totally missed on the kid. Now Bray was a nice QB but nothing like those two in the COLLEGE game. Boyd didn’t have a 10 yr NFL career holding a clipboard but he was a better college QB than Bray. That’s incompetence.

Next, Lawrence grew up a Tennessee fan. Family is from Tennessee. Wanted to be a Vol until Jones told him he “didn’t fit his system”. Now Quinton Dormady did fit his system but Lawrence did not. I’d classify that as incompetent.

Don’t forget Jones & Tee’s relationship was strained after Tee turned Jones down which resulted in his son, Amari and Tee Hodge going to Clemson, Hodge after being committed to Tennessee for over a year.

The hiring of Pruitt has proven to be more incompetence. I understand the shitshow the last hiring was but the entire fiasco is an prime example of incompetence. With a stable coaching situation I think it would be likely Simpson is a Vol.

Now imagine Dabo without Boyd & Lawrence (I won’t include Watson but he was also rumored to be a Vol commit before Kiffin left). You think he’d have the record you so strongly pointed out? I doubt it. I doubt he’d even been the coach at Clemson for Watson if he hadn’t signed Boyd. Dabo was struggling until Boyd showed up.

Now if you don’t think that Clemson and Dabo haven’t benefited greatly from the mismanagement & incompetence at the University of Tennessee, I can’t help you.

Who knew that all those guys only had 2 schools to choose from UT or Clemson

Reactions: SugarCC
That AP quote for starters. But in general there has been zero buzz lately. He isn’t pulling some smokescreen. We’re not getting him. Horn is a perfectly acceptable Plan B.

And no you’re wrong. This is an historic in-state class. It is absolutely crucial to getting a jump start on the rebuild.

Yet Ty has spoken highly of JH. Says he has talked to him a ton. Like I said, why not just publicly eliminate us? I don’t care if we get him or not. If he comes great. If not get Horn (whom I prefer anyway).

It’s only historic because of a couple of players. So don’t expect JH to land many of these guys. I would say Hayden goes to OSU. It’s not JH fault. He was brought in way too late to build the necessary relationships needed. I think we land 2-3 top 10 instate guys MAX. Nolen is our only true MUST get. And that’s gonna be tough.

Reactions: AppStVol
As stated earlier Clemson thinks Bama is the pick. I hope if he picks Bama voltwitter doesn’t show it’s ass. It’s a business decision and you can’t fault the kid for doing what’s in his best interest. He’s trying to make FU Money in 3 or 4 years.
Think about what you just said. Ain’t gonna happen. This kid will be keyboard stoned to death by the Vol twidiots.
GBO!!

Who knew that all those guys only had 2 schools to choose from UT or Clemson

It was late in the game when Boyd decommitted from Tennessee. Clemson came in and the rest is history.

Lawrence was from Atl but Ga recruited Fields more according to reports. Fla was a cluster just like us. Bama had Tua. Lawrence chose Clemson kinda like Peyton chose us, the best option at the time. He did good.

I didn’t post anything that’s not pretty common knowledge among those who read & listen to reporters that follow Tennessee closely.

Quotes from Simpson from this article ... What Ty Simpson said Friday about top choices, upcoming announcement

“If I can take ice, I’m sure I can take an SEC defensive lineman or linebacker...." So, I think it is unlikely that he goes to Clemson.

“Kind of. He actually called one time. I had a Georgia number (calling) and I was like, ‘Oh, my goodness — spam call.
All of a sudden, ‘Hey, Ty, this is Trevor Lawrence.’ It’s like, ‘Holy crap. I’m talking to the future number-one overall pick.’ It was really cool. I asked him, why did he go to Clemson? Why didn’t he want to stay in the SEC? And how is your walk with Christ there?" So, he has only talked to Trevor once. And he wanted to know why not the Sec. So, I just think it is NOT Clemson. and also Not Texas.

Next, he uses the past tense with Texas A&M, "so I felt like" ... so mark Texas A&M off the list.

Ole Miss, he talks about 'fun" 'friends' 'family' and 'the grove.' Not consistent with his core values. So, that is also a No to Ole Miss.

So, personally, I think it comes down to Saban vs Tennessee. Did not sound to me like he has his mind made up just yet. But he is getting close.
I remember when I was 18, that was like a hundred years ago ... but boy decisions did not come easy back then .... like they do today.
Have Manning call him..

Oh I know that...I figured I would go ahead and plant my feet in the moral high ground.
Bud, I’m tired of bashing coaches and players. I’m tired of getting worked up over them not living up to my expectations. I love Tennessee football, but I’m not emotionally vested anymore. I want to see Tennessee football be great again but I just can’t afford the emotion, time and money any longer. Im just tired and I suppose that is the definition of apathy.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Bud, I’m tired of bashing coaches and players. I’m tired of getting worked up over them not living up to my expectations. I love Tennessee football, but I’m not emotionally vested anymore. I want to see Tennessee football be great again but I just can’t afford the emotion, time and money any longer. Im just tired and I suppose that is the definition of apathy.🤷‍♂️
GBO!!
ill take 6-6. @ me.

You are making absolutes about something you do not know. I mean you don't even know a little bit. You are making massive assumptions and trying to say "how can you guys not see that he isn't coming to UT" lmao. He might not come to UT but you don't know that "based off" anything that is actual info. Your stance is basically the extent of "what QB would choose UT when he has the options like Alabama or Clemson" is not factual info.

Word is that his dad is being offered a spot on Saban's staff. Don't know if my source is reliable or not but that's what I was told. If true, he gone.

I just don’t understand this fascination with Ty. He plays 3A football in west TN, aka “a big frog in a small pond.” He has a good arm, he is a good athlete, and his receivers will be much better at the next level, BUT THE 11 GUYS ON DEFENSE AT THE NEXT LEVEL WILL BE BIGGER, QUICKER, AND FASTER THAN ANYTHING HE HAS SEEN. Because he is a good athlete and DLs and LBs are 3As, he tends to run sooner than he really needs too.

Where ever he goes, I hope he has a good college experience.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I just don’t understand this fascination with Ty. He plays 3A football in west TN, aka “a big frog in a small pond.” He has a good arm, he is a good athlete, and his receivers will be much better at the next level, BUT THE 11 GUYS ON DEFENSE AT THE NEXT LEVEL WILL BE BIGGER, QUICKER, AND FASTER THAN ANYTHING HE HAS SEEN. Because he is a good athlete and DLs and LBs are 3As, he tends to run sooner than he really needs too.

TN kid down to Alabama, Clemson, and TN.

if we were 9-10 win team, itd be less a big deal.

Yeah bama and Clemson suck at finding qb prospects.....

Word is that his dad is being offered a spot on Saban's staff. Don't know if my source is reliable or not but that's what I was told. If true, he gone.
Rumor was Pruitt offered his dad a position on UT staff before being fired. So I could definitely see Saban doing that.

just seems like Saban wouldn't have to do that for a recruit. he's got fired NFL coaches taking analyst positions. he's not gonna give a kid's dad an on the field staff job to secure him. Ty's good, but he ain't that good. Tennessee, on the other hand, is that desperate.

Youre a keyboard badass, aren’t you? Boyd was committed to Tennessee under Fulmer and stayed loyal until Kiffin told him AND the record setting QB that went to Baylor to move on. Dabo wouldn’t have had Boyd most likely if Kiffin hadn’t totally missed on the kid. Now Bray was a nice QB but nothing like those two in the COLLEGE game. Boyd didn’t have a 10 yr NFL career holding a clipboard but he was a better college QB than Bray. That’s incompetence.

Next, Lawrence grew up a Tennessee fan. Family is from Tennessee. Wanted to be a Vol until Jones told him he “didn’t fit his system”. Now Quinton Dormady did fit his system but Lawrence did not. I’d classify that as incompetent.

Don’t forget Jones & Tee’s relationship was strained after Tee turned Jones down which resulted in his son, Amari and Tee Hodge going to Clemson, Hodge after being committed to Tennessee for over a year.

The hiring of Pruitt has proven to be more incompetence. I understand the shitshow the last hiring was but the entire fiasco is an prime example of incompetence. With a stable coaching situation I think it would be likely Simpson is a Vol.

Now imagine Dabo without Boyd & Lawrence (I won’t include Watson but he was also rumored to be a Vol commit before Kiffin left). You think he’d have the record you so strongly pointed out? I doubt it. I doubt he’d even been the coach at Clemson for Watson if he hadn’t signed Boyd. Dabo was struggling until Boyd showed up.

Now if you don’t think that Clemson and Dabo haven’t benefited greatly from the mismanagement & incompetence at the University of Tennessee, I can’t help you.
That second paragraph is disgruntled Vol fan fiction. Was never told that by Butch. Didn’t buy what Butch was vibing otherwise...which is just as bad.

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back