'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Isn’t that a subjective evaluation? He cannot produce info he is not Sec caliber just like you cannot provide evidence he is. Just have to wait and see when he gets in the field.

Then he should stop saying he isn’t SEC caliber. Dabo, Saban, Heupel and Fisher thinks he is SEC caliber.

He could, and that is something that will have to factor into his decision. But it is HIS decision.

And in the interest of transparency, I won’t be a bit surprised if he finishes his career elsewhere should he initially choose Bama or Clemson. I’m not completely enamored with the kid, and personally feel like Horn has a higher upside. I’ve said that for 6 months, or more. I just believe he has the right to choose his own path, and the idea that he should omit any potential school out of fandom is ridiculous.
Yeah, I'm no professional evaluator myself, but at this point he does seem to be like JG in HS a little overrated as a dual threat.

Reactions: StoVol
I may be in the minority here but I honestly don’t think Simpson or landing a lot of the 22 instate class is all that important.

I may be in the minority here but I honestly don’t think Simpson or landing a lot of the 22 instate class is all that important.

A lot of them are really good this year.
In-State homerism aside. You put the top 10 In-State guys in any state this year and they will stand out. And from 11-20 aint that bad either.
You sleeping on the guys BOT.

A lot of them are really good this year.
In-State homerism aside. You put the top 10 In-State guys in any state this year and they will stand out. And from 11-20 aint that bad either.
You sleeping on the guys BOT.

Maybe. And if JH wants them I got no problem with them. But we need to stop acting like this class is some ground breaking historically great class. It’s really not.

There is a great chance we miss on most of the instate guys. And if we do, it’s no big deal.

Maybe. And if JH wants them I got no problem with them. But we need to stop acting like this class is some ground breaking historically great class. It’s really not.

There is a great chance we miss on most of the instate guys. And if we do, it’s no big deal.
I think it’s a big deal to start signing the guys we want instate. We have to start somewhere and establishing relationships in the right places will payoff in the long term even if it doesn’t this cycle. We need to get to a point where it’s a big deal when they don’t sign with us and not the other way around. For right or wrong, I think perception goes a long way.

VN Store

Back