Time Out on JG................

JG is a beast. He has a chance in the next 2 years to surpass Dobbs and Bray if the OL gets straightened out. He wasn't far behind last year. Already topped every of Dobbs last season, except Josh's senior year.
I'll have what you're snorting/injecting!

Reactions: CA_Vol
Hard to argue JG’s progress or lack thereof for the coming year as some will automatically assume Chaney will perform a Crompton on him and others will place blame on having to learn a new system under another new OC. I personally hope that JG takes a huge step forward this year. Go Vols

Hardly. If he didn't learn to read D's and make timely decisions... at another school you'd have forgotten his name by now.
So you are telling me he has some of the best numbers in the SEC completing percentage qb ratings, interceptions so if he played on team with these numbers no one would have forgotten his name???? Wake up and smell the coffee if this team went nine and three with the same numbers you would be talking about what a great qb he is.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol
So much to catch up on... here goes...

Way to talk chit about a player buddy... not only a player, but OUR player. FU.

It's been fun for me, because I love UT. I'm also able to talk shop on this board without bashing a kid who's giving his all for the program.

Because he's a child and you're an adult. FU.

Meh... you're not a very good QB either, so...

Honestly, nobody would care if you never mentioned anything at all... ever... at any point in time... especially me...

Oh, you again... FU... again...

LOL

FU

Im not on scholarship. I dont have to be. What a stupid argument 😂😂

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Remember Nathan Peterman? When he was here I thought he was a terrible QB and couldn't play. He transferred to Pitt and was coached by CC. Peterman ended up getting drafted to the NFL. Now, I'm not saying we'll see the same results here but I have faith in CC to get JG better and to better adjust the offense to JG's strengths.

And FTR, I don't think JG is terrible but I don't think he's good. That can change. JMO of course.

Reactions: tbh and sjt18
So much to catch up on... here goes...

Way to talk chit about a player buddy... not only a player, but OUR player. FU.

It's been fun for me, because I love UT. I'm also able to talk shop on this board without bashing a kid who's giving his all for the program.

Because he's a child and you're an adult. FU.

Meh... you're not a very good QB either, so...

Honestly, nobody would care if you never mentioned anything at all... ever... at any point in time... especially me...

Oh, you again... FU... again...

LOL

FU

He's 21 years old. Quit calling him a kid or child

Im not on scholarship. I dont have to be. What a stupid argument 😂😂

It wasn't an argument... it was me making light of your post. However, in retrospect I see that your post really wasn't that bad. I probably should have left that one out, so "my bad."

I'm tired of the flagrant disrespect to these kids who are working hard for the program. I don't think JG is the best QB to ever play at TN, nor do I think he's the worst. But calling him names and generally disrespecting him is out of line.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Hard to argue JG’s progress or lack thereof for the coming year as some will automatically assume Chaney will perform a Crompton on him and others will place blame on having to learn a new system under another new OC. I personally hope that JG takes a huge step forward this year. Go Vols
Experienced QB's deal with new OC's and perform every single year. There are true Fr with less physical ability than JG who manage to "get it" in their first year. You're right that there will be excuse makers though if it doesn't go well.

I DO assume that Chaney is JG's best shot at becoming a good QB. He did it with Crompton but also with Peterman. I would argue he got the most out of Bray.

But even if Chaney factors into it... there will be plenty of credit for JG if he turns it around.

When they're calling a single member of the OL "garbage?" Yes.
Oh, so if someone said all of the QB's were terrible including the starter then that would be OK, right?

FTR, I haven't said JG was garbage. I haven't said any or all of the OL's are garbage. I've criticized both... but strangely not many people make excuses for the OL.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Funny thing is JG will just keep improving after making a leaps & bound improvement last year, but this time it will be a Chaney Tent Revival. No, it's just JG is good. But I'm already preparing for all the "Chaney made him good" nonsense. Because 141 qbr is so bad behind one of the worst OL in the nation.

VN Store

Back