Tim Jordan arrested

1511665847_112517-UT-vs.-Vandy-86_t1070_h94aa6541847a063170436d6f275de46428348e55.jpg

Cover of the Decade of Decadence DVD series.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
This is a quote from a law firm site in Florida:

"Florida generally allows a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm within the interior of a private vehicle, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Lawful firearm owners may lawfully carry a long gun anywhere in a private vehicle."

Sounds like the real issue here is that it was in his pocket. I'm no legal expert, but this reads as though a loaded gun is ok if it is securely encased; if it is unloaded, it doesn't have to be encased because it would not be readily accessible for immediate use. Loaded and in his pocket is the real issue IMO.
He's under 21 and in possession of a handgun, not a rifle. Completely different set of rules concerning handguns and long guns. You also didn't quote the law regarding when they could have a cased weapon in their car. Those exceptions are a very short list. Anytime anyone carries a weapon, they have to know the rules and laws. Ignorance of these isn't a defense. The aggravating circumstances in this case will be the drug and paraphernalia possession. He's on shaky ground.

Banks may not be back because he had a smart mouth. I can't see a senior who should have been focused on getting himself ready for the upcoming season but was instead doing this... having a route back to the team. Unless there's some unknown part to this he should be done.

I believe he had a kid just over a year ago. Hate that for him. He's still young and can get his stuff together to be better for his child, but probably won't be in knoxville. I think most people, Pruitt included, could deal with a little weed, but you can't have a loaded pistol with a 17 yr old in your car at 5 a.m. the whole situation is full of dumb.

I believe he had a kid just over a year ago. Hate that for him. He's still young and can get his stuff together to be better for his child, but probably won't be in knoxville. I think most people, Pruitt included, could deal with a little weed, but you can't have a loaded pistol with a 17 yr old in your car at 5 a.m. the whole situation is full of dumb.
I think you could even get past the gun if it wasn't so apparent he was selling.

Reactions: chrismc1000
I'm sure Coach Pruitt will get all the facts and make a determination after the young man has his day in court. Some of the folks on here literally lose their minds cheering for criminals playing on Sunday, but you're ready to dismiss this young man. Lord knows you've never done anything stupid at his age.

If this situation isn't legally resolved in short order, Jordan misses practicing for the upcoming season. With the incoming and existing talent, I can see Pruitt telling him:

"Tim, love you, you will be a spectacularly talented...5th string, rarely used RB."

He's under 21 and in possession of a handgun, not a rifle. Completely different set of rules concerning handguns and long guns. You also didn't quote the law regarding when they could have a cased weapon in their car. Those exceptions are a very short list. Anytime anyone carries a weapon, they have to know the rules and laws. Ignorance of these isn't a defense. The aggravating circumstances in this case will be the drug and paraphernalia possession. He's on shaky ground.
What does under 21 have to do with it. He's over 18. I think you misread the quote and/or my post. The quote is referring to handguns with exception to the last sentence. In other words, there are restrictions on where you can carry a handgun in a vehicle, but long guns can be carried anywhere in a vehicle.

Reactions: tnvols72
A0282054-6671-48F6-8172-8C26826E69A4.jpeg

Most of VN....whether you are discussing this arrest, COVID19 or whatever.....

I'm sure Coach Pruitt will get all the facts and make a determination after the young man has his day in court. Some of the folks on here literally lose their minds cheering for criminals playing on Sunday, but you're ready to dismiss this young man. Lord knows you've never done anything stupid at his age.
Dealing drugs Isn’t just a youthful discretion

I don't think that's illegal...I could be wrong but I don't think it should be illegal as I see we will start infringing upon the people's 2nd adm. rights. Is it irresponsible? Yeah but I'm also not really big on gun control laws.

you missed my joke, no its not illegal, but we gun carriers cringe hardcore when we see people carry irresponsibly.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
What about Kenneth George?
Is he a thug too? He actually resisted arrest last off-season in Florida. Tim Jordan didn't.

What are you talking about EASY to possess in Florida? It's only legal for medicinal purposes. If he doesn't have a stupid prescription then he can't posses it.
It's not fully legal so not therefore SO EASY.

He hasn't hurt or had any intention to hurt anyone so far as we know. Yet he's a thug?

Maybe college football should be played in Malaysia?👍...eh?

"...It's not fully legal...." That is about the ONLY thing in your response that's accurate. Thank you for getting ONE thing right.
Are YOU in Florida..??? I AM.
I don't know ANYBODY that has been turned down for their "Medical Marijuana" prescription. Typically the "Pot friendly Docs" set up an office next door to the "Dispensary".
I also don't know ANYBODY who can legally possess a handgun in the first place who has been denied a concealed carry permit.
Get your FACTS together

you missed my joke, no its not illegal, but we gun carriers cringe hardcore when we see people carry irresponsibly.
Well looks like our state legislature will pass law allowing anyone to carry consealed gun without a carry permit. No training required. Let’s see how this works out. Heck even Dodge City made everyone turn in their weapons while in town, at least in the movies.

I took an 8 hour class at Guns n’ Leather in Robertson Co. Also got my finger prints on file along with an extensive background check. I also pay to maintain my permit. For some that is not easy. No problem for me. The instructor said his intent is to arm every good citizen of Tennessee!
Dude, go online and do 30 -45 mins class that's what I meant by now it's so easy. However I'm like you I do a class and keep my permit up to date not really all that difficult if your legally able to

VN Store

Back