Tim Jordan arrested

Ehh that was pretty overwrought imo. If you want to read about it, it’s obviously there, but if you didn’t it was never hard to just not click and I’ve never been one to get triggered by reading a headline.

Never said I was triggered. Just telling it like it is. Their top brass has admitted that they made a conscientious effort to appeal more to the “woke crowd”. They would call athletes for an opinion about an issue, run it as a headline and then act like they were reporting the news .

I was on a grand jury once. I seem to remember that if the weed was in separate bags, it’s automatically considered dealing. Can’t remember the threshold number of bags to trigger that conviction or the weights. If he had scales, the dots can be connected.

Looks like a scholarship freed up.

Reactions: vettefool
The other thread said 9.25 grams. That’s a misdemeanor. Unlawful possession of a firearm is a misdemeanor in TN. Actually, you can legally have a gun in your vehicle without a permit.
I just saw the one article stating he had 20g or less. If he had exceeded 0.5oz (about 14g), then it would not be a misdemeanor in TN. Unfortunately for Tim, he was arrested in FL where the laws are different.

wasnt going to play much anyway but way to screw up his life and for what ?
wasnt going to play much? have you not watched football in the last 2 years. Jordan is an important player and is considered the workhorse. Dont write this kid off. He will be back...........just looked at how Saban has handled such incidents while Pruitt was at Alabama. both Saban and Pruitt believe in second chances, if not third chances. and for the record, i hope he goes through rehabilitation to right his wrongs and Pruitt puts him back on the team. They way they handled JJ and Bryce has shown us all that anything is possible.

Never said I was triggered. Just telling it like it is. Their top brass has admitted that they made a conscientious effort to appeal more to the “woke crowd”. They would call athletes for an opinion about an issue, run it as a headline and then act like they were reporting the news .

I never said you were either, just that I wasn’t and that I don’t see much value in griping about coverage you’re not interested in reading. If nobody clicks on it, it’ll go away. If enough people are clicking on it, maybe it’s got some value. Even if it does though, nobody is shoving it down your throat.

There’s more important things to worry about than hot takes on ESPN (and that’s true even when they’re talking about sports).

I just saw the one article stating he had 20g or less. If he had exceeded 0.5oz (about 14g), then it would not be a misdemeanor in TN. Unfortunately for Tim, he was arrested in FL where the laws are different.
Plus, he's a Tennessee footballer breaking law in Florida, not a Florida player breaking the law there.

The law would be different for the gun in TN. I see others talking about the bags and scale, too, and that really doesn’t matter based on the weight. You can “casually exchange” (essentially selling or delivering) a misdemeanor amount in TN, and it’s still a misdemeanor.

I’ve been defending people in TN for 15 years.

I know it will and it's not going to change because I've said something, but his playing time should have no impact on decisions going forward. If he deserves a 2nd chance, give him one regardless of his playing time, as long as his contribution isnt being hampered by a bad attitude. Young people make bad choices, Cain killed Abel, been happening for a while.

wasnt going to play much? have you not watched football in the last 2 years. Jordan is an important player and is considered the workhorse. Dont write this kid off. He will be back...........just looked at how Saban has handled such incidents while Pruitt was at Alabama. both Saban and Pruitt believe in second chances, if not third chances. and for the record, i hope he goes through rehabilitation to right his wrongs and Pruitt puts him back on the team. They way they handled JJ and Bryce has shown us all that anything is possible.

Jordan had a great game vs Miss St. probably the most critical game thus far in the Pruitt era.

I always have a gun in my truck and I don't have a permit.
Depending on where you live, it's legal. Until fairly recent, it was illegal in Tennessee without a permit to have a handgun in your vehicle without a permit. The difference is he had a loaded handgun in his pocket. Had it been in the glovebox, he would have probably been ok.

1511665847_112517-UT-vs.-Vandy-86_t1070_h94aa6541847a063170436d6f275de46428348e55.jpg

VN Store

Back