Tim Banks to Duke? That wouldn't be good

If hate to lose him to Duke. It’s a bargain hire that could maybe pan out for them but likely won’t. It won’t cost them much to fire him in 3 or 4 years. Dukes not trying to compete in football. They know where their money is.

You only take the Duke job if Vandy isn’t open…

Both are stepping stone programs. While a high percentage of schools heavily invest in football, Duke is known more as a basketball school, and Vandy? Well they have in the past few years gotten around to making a name for themselves in baseball. And if coaches from either are seen as competent? I am sure some movers in Durham and Nashville are waiting by the phones to whisk them off to their next stop.

Wouldn’t leave the pro game but Jerod Mayo might be a decent hire if we are looking for a DC

Well, I guess that will be Josh Heupel's call and up to Danny White to get his salary approved. But if Mayo were to roll in? I always look forward to former Vols on the staff. IF they are the right man for the job.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Not big on the bend but don't break defense. 3rd down stoppage was horrible. Dual threat qbs ran at will. Besides that, the defense was much improved. Can he improve on that with talent? Probably, but it still has to do with scheme.
The bend but don't break was the gameplan this year with this defensive depth problem, and an offense that could lights-out score. Trade them time off the clock for three points. If they score 10 field goals and we score 10 touchdowns, we win by 40 points. If they score 10 field goals and we score 5 touchdowns, we still win by five points.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Jason Garrett would be a huge move
It would be a huge move. Jason Garrett is a huge Duke fan and has visited often during basketball season,but he needs to get some college guys on staff. I’m also wondering if he would try to get Witten on board in some capacity.

Personally I think they should hire Monken from Army and run the triple option. That’s my 2 cents.

Well, I guess that will be Josh Heupel's call and up to Danny White to get his salary approved. But if Mayo were to roll in? I always look forward to former Vols on the staff. IF they are the right man for the job.
Don't know much about Mayo as a coach. I always look for a coach who has proven he can coach.

VN Store

Back