Thoughts on this year's class (merged)

anyone still listening to this?

WNML-AM

Robert Nelson said he will be the first in his family to go to college and he's enrolling in forensic science.

he elso said expect him to be an All-American by yr 2 and on NFL scouts' lists by year 3.

say what you will about this class, but after his comment and Myles' All-American remark this morning, you can't say this class is lacking confidence.

We have been a finesse team the past severals years and I do believe that this is the beginning of our restoration to power football.

With the exception of Presidential Elections and the Academy Awards, no day is more breathlessly overstated in its importance than National Signing Day.
Indeed. Recruiting is important, but the people pretending that they can tell the difference between the #3 ranked class and the #10 ranked class are comical.

Indeed. Recruiting is important, but the people pretending that they can tell the difference between the #3 ranked class and the #10 ranked class are comical.
It's the biggest difference between basketball and football recruiting. For the most part, the elite players in basketball players play against each other in AAU tournaments and summer camps, so it's not that hard to separate the best from the rest. Football is a different animal. Marcus DuPree looked like the greatest back in football history coming out of high school. Then, as Barry Switzer has mentioned many times, he got to OU and started getting hit by really big and really fast guys for the first time in his life and realized he liked sitting on his momma's porch eating all day a lot better than practicing and playing football.

Overall, this class was about what I expected. Like everyone else, I hoped I would be surprised by a late push and some last second magic. It didn't happen, but I'm not that disappointed. I would have liked to have seen a couple more lineman (both offensive and defensive), but I agree that there is no use signing people just to fill slots.

Marcus DuPree looked like the greatest back in football history coming out of high school. Then, as Barry Switzer has mentioned many times, he got to OU and started getting hit by really big and really fast guys for the first time in his life and realized he liked sitting on his momma's porch eating all day a lot better than practicing and playing football.

Hat, if you have never read The Courtship of Marcus Dupree you need to. It really shows you how roughshod recruiting use to be. It was written after Marcus's freshman year. Its kinda sad that he was, in Switzer's words "a quitter."

Hat, if you have never read The Courtship of Marcus Dupree you need to. It really shows you how roughshod recruiting use to be. It was written after Marcus's freshman year. Its kinda sad that he was, in Switzer's words "a quitter."
It is a truly great book written by one of my favorite authors. Willie Morris was an American treasure. If you like "Courtship," you would like all of Willie's other work, if you haven't already read some of it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm tired of hearing everybody complain about LSU,Bama,Ole Miss loading up and we didn't,Come on guys lets get real here,Our staff had what about 3 months MAX to attract these kids? When all those other ones have been after them all year. I think the ones we snatched from the other schools says alot about the staff. Support the team now because in two years we WILL be back on top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a truly great book written by one of my favorite authors. Willie Morris was an American treasure. If you like "Courtship," you would like all of Willie's other work, if you haven't already read some of it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No, i haven't. With a recommendation like that i will have to seek some out though.

VN Store

Back