Thoughts on this year's class (merged)

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">

</td><td style="padding: 6px;" class="" 1="" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Now you're making me wanna throw up! Geez I can't take anymore! :)

I have read a lot of negative words today regarding our new recruiting class.

Sure, today there were ups and downs. And, this class isn't great or perfect.

But, Overall it is a good recruiting class and I am excited about all of our new guys! :)

I mean, COME ON guys -- how long has our coaching staff been together as a unit? Exactly.

Press Conference in 1/2 an hour! :dance2:

Go Vols!

But, Overall it is a good recruiting class and I am excited about all of our new guys! :)

I mean, COME ON guys -- how long has our coaching staff been together as a unit? Exactly.

Go Vols!

I agree completely. I think the staff did great considering how much time they had. This class could still add a few over the next few days. :)

Go Vols!

I think it's a very high quality class........if we could have gotten like 6-7 more players, then it would be unbelievable........but the quality is there.......Foolmer used to get high ranked classes, but without character or quality.......half of his thugs never played..........
:crazy:

I was hoping for more, I have to admit. I would have loved to see Montgomery, Brown, and a stud OL and DL. In all honesty looking back that was unrealistic seeing how most of those guys were already committed or narrowing down there choice by the time Kiffin was hired. The effort to get them here gave me hope. We did steal a few that were not expected here, namely Myles and Richardson.

My naive assumptions have to do with the fact that this is my first year following recruiting. I never did that under Fulmer. I was generally so dejected by the end of the season that i didn't care.

What I can take from this experience is that we have a hell of a coaching staff that is going to have to do it on the field. I am not worried about that. I am impressed that the best player will play under this staff. We have hired highly respected position coaches that just happen to be great recruiters. All this should pay off next year. My question is has everyone forgot how exciting it was watching this staff come together?

We did lose some commits that I would like to have seen here. (i.e. Stokes, Phillips, Giles, and most likely Oku.) That being said, I think it does show some immaturity from a few of them. Stokes seems to think he is good enough to have his brother sign with him, even though he isn't a D1 prospect. Where do you start with Phillips. Have you read Giles's myspace page? My point is if all this drama follows these guys, aren't they usually the ones that have us plastered all over ESPN for the wrong reasons? Maybe it is just the average recruit has the T.O. mentality.

All is not lost. The real tale of the tape will be how well we coach up our current talent, and recruit next year. We already have a commitment from the 2010 class that is #1 in the state, and projected to be one of the top DL. That is a good start. Next years OL prospects project to be better. When can still fill some needs with a few JUCO transfers.

Hopefully Monte can solidify the DL with the LB recruits we have.

What really excites me about this coaching staff is i don't have to watch the mustang package anymore. I also don't have to see off tackle right, off tackle left, bubble screen, and punt on 4th and 15. I say success start with 7-8 wins next year. It will be a big mountain to climb next year. I don't think we could have a better staff to do it with.

Trent Richardson to Bama.....wow. Think Eddie Lacy would like to rethink his commit now?

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">

</td><td style="padding: 6px;" class="" 1="" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
I've been off the 'net for a little over an hour, so I'm completely out of the loop by now, but who could that be? Jackson or B. Brown?

he's talking about Jackson, but the LSU guys are saying it was only a momentary waver and he's back in the fold as a tiger.

Guys for all the crap people are spewing just think about 1 thing Kiffin said on the radio here in Nashville. The host asked if he had spent much time with Knox, Kiffin said no, he hasnt seen him since he was born....I dont care if we had the #100 overall class that is dedication, there is no way i could have done that.

This was a good class all things considered. I believe they laid the ground work for a better class next year. I am content with what we have.

Don't mean to be negative but Nu'keese is no Brown. Good player but if i had to pick, definitely Brown.

I'm happier getting Nu"keese. James Green is a severely underrated WR with a big frame. Nu'Keese offsets the fact that we are likely to lose Stokes.

Don't mean to be negative but Nu'keese is no Brown. Good player but if i had to pick, definitely Brown.

Marlon is nationally considered overrated while Nu'keese is very coveted. The only reason UF isn't hurt is because he wouldn't have played till his jr year.

For the most part we have put this class to bed. I do not see JJ or DO coming to Tennessee. I thought that this staff did a simply incredible job for landing a couple of surprises in Richardson and Myles. I think that they are to be lauded for getting the caliber of guys on campus that they did, esp considering this staff was only together for about a month. While today looks like a defeat because of Brown and Lacy, not so fast my friend. Tennessee was coming off of a losing season for the second time in 4 years, no bowl game, and firing a coach. Morale was very low just prior to CLK's hire. Today was about what realistic people thought it was going to be.....average, but with a few sparkles. o Mutt), andWhat scares me is what the other schools in the SEC accomplished, LSU & Bama are loading up, UF just added to what is already an all-star roster, Ole Miss just killed today (props t UGA hit home runs all over the place. CLK and staff will get us back to the top tier, I firmly beleive that, but it will be an uphill climb. I think Smith's commit is a harbinger of great things to come for us next year, esp if we can have some minor success on the field next year. All in all I was disappointed with some things today, really thought we had Lacy, but Im pleased. There is reason to have hope on the Hill today.

This is what concerns me. This conference is getting brutal. We eventually will get back it just might take a little longer.
Rex...You left out Arkansas. Petrino pulled in a nice class also.

I'm happier getting Nu"keese. James Green is a severely underrated WR with a big frame. Nu'Keese offsets the fact that we are likely to lose Stokes.

Are you saying this because Brown spurned UT? Be honest. Brown is the ideal Kiffin type WR. Trust me, i hope Nu'keese makes us all forget about Brown.

Marlon is nationally considered overrated while Nu'keese is very coveted. The only reason UF isn't hurt is because he wouldn't have played till his jr year.

Didn't look to overrated in the Under armor game. Looked like the best WR out there to me. Nu'keese played in that game also. Alshon looked overrated not Brown.

Didn't look to overrated in the Under armor game. Looked like the best WR out there to me. Nu'keese played in that game also. Alshon looked overrated not Brown.

If we ran slants the whole game eventually Tyler Maples would bust a big one. No biggie. It was an all-star game. They were all giving about 70% effort.

I like what I've seen so far ....we could have done better. but that's what going 5-7 gets you. Only thing I'm concerned about is the way people are crying about the players we didn't get. If people freak out like this over unproven prospects what's gonna happen when we actually lose a game?

Brown won't be able to be as effective against actual competition. IE the USC summer camp.

The UA bowl wasn't competition? He looked good. Alshon looked slow as hell.

I won't lie I would've taken Marlon over Nuke just to get the state locked down.

VN Store

Back