Thoughts on this year's class (merged)

Nu'keese was listed as the #14 best overall in Fla. If he was in any other state no telling how high rated he would be. I think we did pretty good on WR's.

For the most part we have put this class to bed. I do not see JJ or DO coming to Tennessee. I thought that this staff did a simply incredible job for landing a couple of surprises in Richardson and Myles. I think that they are to be lauded for getting the caliber of guys on campus that they did, esp considering this staff was only together for about a month. While today looks like a defeat because of Brown and Lacy, not so fast my friend. Tennessee was coming off of a losing season for the second time in 4 years, no bowl game, and firing a coach. Morale was very low just prior to CLK's hire. Today was about what realistic people thought it was going to be.....average, but with a few sparkles. What scares me is what the other schools in the SEC accomplished, LSU & Bama are loading up, UF just added to what is already an all-star roster, Ole Miss just killed today (props to Mutt), and UGA hit home runs all over the place. CLK and staff will get us back to the top tier, I firmly beleive that, but it will be an uphill climb. I think Smith's commit is a harbinger of great things to come for us next year, esp if we can have some minor success on the field next year. All in all I was disappointed with some things today, really thought we had Lacy, but Im pleased. There is reason to have hope on the Hill today.

i agree with some rex, regardless well said. again thanks to you and freak and the rest of the guys who contributed to the info. eventhough i'm somewhat dissappointed with the class you guys did an incredible job. thanks again guys.:rock:

This was a good class all things considered. I believe they laid the ground work for a better class next year. I am content with what we have.

I agree. If we landed Orson Charles, that would be even better. But with the amount of time the new coaches had, they did a hell of a job. They pryed away 2 Gator commit's, thats great news for me.

I think people have put too much into Brown's decision. The way I look at it we have put together an incredible foundation on the defensive side of the ball for the next 4 years. With monte's tutoring our D will be rocking some teams, and with next years easy schedule and a full year for our staff to do their thing I would be very surprised if we weren't top 5 in recruiting for the next 3-5 years

My thoughts are this is a darn good class considering the coaching change and the month of recruiting the new staff had. I can't believe people on here are disappointed in this class.

Coming off a bad class last year, a 5-7 season, and a house cleaning, I'd say we got a gift from God himself in this class. It could have been much, much worse folks.

My thoughts are this is a darn good class considering the coaching change and the month of recruiting the new staff had. I can't believe people on here are disappointed in this class.

Coming off a bad class last year, a 5-7 season, and a house cleaning, I'd say we got a gift from God himself in this class. It could have been much, much worse folks.

no i would say michigan got a gift from the gods. rich hit a home run.

1. About what one would expect for Tennessee. Adding one or two of the guys still out there would make this class an unqualified success.
2. I don't expect Lane Kiffin to be sending Marlon Brown's grandmother a Christmas card.
3. The SEC continues of flex its recruiting muscle. Great classes abound.
4. Gee, where are all the "C'mon Hat, Randy Shannon won't be able to recruit" guys at now?
5. Oh, I know. They're hanging out with the "C'mon, Hat, Butch Davis was at Miami. There's no way he'll recruit well at UNC" guys.
6. Most overlooked story of Signing Day: Jim Harbaugh signing a top 25 type class at Stanford.
7. Oklahoma loaded up on defense. That should really concern the rest of the Big Twelve.
8. It must be nice to be Texas and have a top 5 class recruited before school even starts.
9. People talking about how USC has to be disappointed about some guys decommitting don't understand the dynamic of that program. If a player thinks he can get buried on a depth chart, he lacks the confidence Pete Carroll wants.
10. Watch Rutgers' class. In three years, it will look much better than its ranking.

1. About what one would expect for Tennessee. Adding one or two of the guys still out there would make this class an unqualified success.
Huh? Even without one more offensive and defensive lineman? You mean you haven't written off the next 10 years?

]If we ran slants [/B]the whole game eventually Tyler Maples would bust a big one. No biggie. It was an all-star game. They were all giving about 70% effort.

What do you think USC does with those big guys? They run slants all the time. It's hard for a DB to cover a guy that size on a slant.

And UM fans wanted him gone after 1 year. The pattern here is dumb fans.

he is trying to run a whole different style of offense. i'm not saying i want kiffin gone, i would just like to understand what he is doing. i disagreed with some of the michigan fans last year, he didn't have the players to run his offense and would not compromise. they lost to toledo and it didn't hurt his recruiting much. they should not have finished 3-9 though he coached flat out terrible last year, and still finished in the top 10 in recruiting

Huh? Even without one more offensive and defensive lineman? You mean you haven't written off the next 10 years?
With the exception of Presidential Elections and the Academy Awards, no day is more breathlessly overstated in its importance than National Signing Day.

I am still puzzled by everyones disappointment over Marlon Brown. I saw him play several times last season and he did good against high school kids (nothing special by any means) but that was because of his height. In college you have people that maybe arent equal in height but can jump just as high/higher.

It would have been nice to have him but Im not crying.

anyone still listening to this?

WNML-AM

Robert Nelson said he will be the first in his family to go to college and he's enrolling in forensic science.

he elso said expect him to be an All-American by yr 2 and on NFL scouts' lists by year 3.

say what you will about this class, but after his comment and Myles' All-American remark this morning, you can't say this class is lacking confidence.

With the exception of Presidential Elections and the Academy Awards, no day is more breathlessly overstated in its importance than National Signing Day.

Again the Voice of Reason hits Volnation. Well said. GA, LSU & AL has proven you can look great on paper but still not deliver.

VN Store

Back