Thoughts on this year's class (merged)

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
For the most part we have put this class to bed. I do not see JJ or DO coming to Tennessee. I thought that this staff did a simply incredible job for landing a couple of surprises in Richardson and Myles. I think that they are to be lauded for getting the caliber of guys on campus that they did, esp considering this staff was only together for about a month. While today looks like a defeat because of Brown and Lacy, not so fast my friend. Tennessee was coming off of a losing season for the second time in 4 years, no bowl game, and firing a coach. Morale was very low just prior to CLK's hire. Today was about what realistic people thought it was going to be.....average, but with a few sparkles. What scares me is what the other schools in the SEC accomplished, LSU & Bama are loading up, UF just added to what is already an all-star roster, Ole Miss just killed today (props to Mutt), and UGA hit home runs all over the place. CLK and staff will get us back to the top tier, I firmly beleive that, but it will be an uphill climb. I think Smith's commit is a harbinger of great things to come for us next year, esp if we can have some minor success on the field next year. All in all I was disappointed with some things today, really thought we had Lacy, but Im pleased. There is reason to have hope on the Hill today.

All hope isn't lost has anyone heard about Orson Charles. I don't think he declares today.

maybe the most optimistic post i've ever read from Rex. I agree 100%. good post.

LSU LOADED up, that was amazing. Bama is doing really well also, makes me sick:no:

plus, cant we all laugh at Ruben Randle committing to "The University of LSU"

if you can't coach the ones you want then coach the ones you've got.

Last edited:
plus, cant we all laugh at Ruben Randle committing to "The University of LSU"

haha, yea its gonna be hilarious watching those receivers at LSU block for Sheppard and Jefferson every other play and also watching those receivers at Bama and Georgia just standing out there next season lol

I think Nukeese Richardson is enough to makeup for not gettin Brown and Oku honestly, this guy is an automatic homerun threat every play

auburn and ole miss had a ton of offers and commits....that always makes it looke better. our class is half that.

LSU LOADED up, that was amazing. Bama is doing really well also, makes me sick:no:
Makes me want to puke as well. We just keep taking our lumps fella's, one day were going to be giving them. I just hope i'm not 40 years old by then.

Ole Miss went the quantity over quality route. They got a couple good players but for the most part nothing special.

Rex, I agree partially with your post.
I am upset and shocked that we lost as many high profile commits after Kiffin was hired. Yeah, it happened but he was hired to get these guys, Coach O was hired to get these guys.
Secondly, I figured that with all of the recruiting experts that have, we could have gotten the guys we really targeted hard.

The part I agree with is the fact that Smith committed today. Great start to a class I believe will be great. Next season is critical but also the 2010 recruiting year.

N. Richardson is a lot nicer to look at than M. Brown.

(And I don't want to hear one word from any of you.)

Rex, I agree partially with your post.
I am upset and shocked that we lost as many high profile commits after Kiffin was hired. Yeah, it happened but he was hired to get these guys, Coach O was hired to get these guys.
Secondly, I figured that with all of the recruiting experts that have, we could have gotten the guys we really targeted hard.

The part I agree with is the fact that Smith committed today. Great start to a class I believe will be great. Next season is critical but also the 2010 recruiting year.

those kids that CLK lost had a long standing prior relationship with CPF. The realistic fan knew this was going to get worse before it gets better. Today was the worse, when we upset UGA next year, that will be the better. Our day is coming just be patient.

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="padding: 6px;" valign="top">Kiff just said</td><td 1="" class="" style="padding: 6px;" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Reply</td></tr></tbody></table><hr color="#cccccc" noshade="noshade"> that he doesn't think this class is done and he thinks there is another surprise out there.

</td><td style="padding: 6px;" class="" 1="" valign="bottom" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

VN Store

Back