The worst program choke ever

Tennessee’s really bad defense comparatively speaking, lost to an even worse South Carolina offense which put up over 60 on us. Most embarrassing loss ever with what was at stake at this point in the season.

Reactions: loservol
Thank you Coach! We were in this position to win and blew it but it was you and the players buying in so much that made it real! Snap it clear while all these butt hurt fans wail at the obvious over achievements accomplished this year so we can beat those Vandy Candies and earn a well deserved new year bowl.

Go Vols!

Reactions: Jake and VOL6479
Their cheerleaders could have scored against Tennessee tonight...so very disappointing for the team and fans. Hooker may well have lost his Heisman tonight as well.

He may not get an invite now. He's gone from consideration.

Don't get so defensive. This Carolina team is garbage and put up 63 after only scoring 6 last week. I doubt we were 22 point favorites vs LSU in the SEC championship.

That meltdown, against a Saban-coached LSU team, was definitely worse than this in terms of what was at stake: we beat LSU that night and we’re playing for the national championship. No playoff. One game. Do some homework, guys.

Reactions: Vol4life2
That 2001 LSU team was playing its backup QB. I can't remember if he started the game or came in for an injured starter--but he played all or most of the second half, as I recall, and simply ran a lot, and we couldn't stop him and played terribly. That team had Stallworth--who lost a key fumble in that game--Washington, Stephens at RB, Witten, outstanding offensive and defensive lines.
We knocked Rohan Davey out of the game and forgot that there was another qb on their team.

Reactions: Vol4life2
I think the difference is, deep down, we all knew this team was flawed on defense. 2001 was loaded, top to bottom.

This all day long. We know what we’ve been watching all season long…a terrible secondary. We hoped they would improve as the season went along and, at times, it seemed like they did. But our offense has bailed out abominable defensive/secondary play time and again this season. We’ve dodged many, many bullets. Until GA and tonight.

Our DBs have made just about every QB we’ve played look like an All-American.

GA exposed us first —on all levels, including the secondary. Tonight, SC exposed our secondary even worse.

Somebody said a long time ago (I paraphrase): offense wins games, defenses wins championships.

And for the record…. The LSU loss in 2001 SEC Champ Game was worse than this. We would have gone to the Natty game if we won.

I am shaking my damn head at some of y'all.

Losing is always a drag but it's been a season like NONE OF YOU expected. Grow up.
Man shut up. If you aren't pissed beyond comprehension with what was on the line for giving up 63 to South Carolina then you are simply a bandwagon fan and have absolutely zero right to judge anyone. Take your participation trophy and go home.

This. 96 Memphis was a bigger choke job.
Freak I agree, that Memphis state team was pure trash, even with Manning at the helm we should have blown them out, bogus punt return is irrelevant, that Memphis state game should never been low scoring, tonight they straight up went Clubber Lang on us

Reactions: theFallGuy
Somewhere some placce, Butch Jones is laughing. He would approve of the performance tonight. Way to manage those expectations boys.
Everybody who is not a Vol fan is laughing at us and celebrating our loss. They can all go jump in the lake. It just wasn't our night.

VN Store

Back