The worst program choke ever

I'm sorry I didn't know we were cake walking into a national title if we beat USC. I also didn't know we were favorites to win the natty preseason
Don't get so defensive. This Carolina team is garbage and put up 63 after only scoring 6 last week. I doubt we were 22 point favorites vs LSU in the SEC championship.

Reactions: loservol
D was due to be exposed. They've been propped and aided by Neyland and convenient rain.

This exposed them utterly. If Banks and Martinez aren't sent home this staff will go 7-5 at best next year.
Yeah the defense is bad, but bad enough to get beat by USCjr?!! No.

Reactions: mpfvol
Sorry I root for my team? Not sure where your going with that

Loss or not, this is the best state UT sports has been in in twenty five years. If you aren’t hopeful about our baseball and basketball teams, I don’t know what to say. Our football team overachieved too. This defense is missing serious depth and talent. We’re a ways off, but I don’t long for Donnie Tyndall and Jeremy Pruitt.

Heupel needs to grow a pair and start letting heads roll tomorrow morning. He won’t I’m sure though. The defensive schemes in this game were all time bad. Out of position… playing 12-15 yards off receivers… no blitzing. Pure stupidity.
I would imagine he's wise enough to wait till the season's actually over. Doing it during a season wouldn't do much good. But I do agree, he's gonna have to make some hard decisions.

I believe in him and hopefully most Vol fans do. What a change he's brought us.

2001 SEC Championship loss to LSU playing their 3rd string qb. we win, we play in the National Championship game. we played like we did tonight. seemed lost all night

This....nothing will beat the 2001 SEC Championship game for total choke job....that game lost our chance for another BCS championship....

Matty Mauck....:mad:
This game also cost us the chance for a championship at a time when the program needed it the most after rising from the ashes of Butch and Pruitt.

Reactions: loservol
Just a pathetic performance from start to finish. 6-4 South Carolina wanted it more and that is embarrassing. If you beat Vandy, it is isn’t a complete disaster. We’ll be in the Sugar Bowl for the first time since 1991 and have 10 wins for the first time since 2007. But this one hurts big time.

VN Store

Back